FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

Highmaul Warlock Style - Normal, Heroic, & Mythic

So forgive my lack of knowledge of the SB:Haunt. So that makes me curious. On Butcher,Bracken,Tect and Twins roll with SB:H. Keep in mind I am like 656 ilvl. So I have the gear for that judging by with THE Locky said. With that being said. I assume we go with the flying eyeball as a pet for those fights using that talent. Can you clear that up for me biggrin.png

@Parcel You are right Dead don't DPS but there is only 2 reasons that you are dieing 

1 you are standing in stupid. Not saying you are lol just saying that it could be the situation. 

2 The more likely reason is your healers are not doing their job. With all your survival CDs plus taking into account the HM fights it would have to be 100% the heals fault. Under no reason should you be using the drain life talent and glyph (If our warlock overlords know different please correct me :D ) . Even as a soaker on Ko'ragh I don't use that talent. I call out for the big heals. I use regens and Sac. 

Edited by Budman

Mathwise, glyph of havoc doesnt make sense right now. 3 charges with 15 sec CD or 6 charges with 55 sec cd? Not even at all.

If it could work as intended - double charges, double CD, then it would be OK. But I can't see myself using glyph of havoc any soon.

Actually, I can't see myself Destro on Twins any soon! laugh.png 

@Budman, thank you for you advice.

Though my mom said me once : "Dead don't DPS"cool.png 

I should work on myself staying alive without lifedrain

P.S. I was staring at your GIF for like 10 minutes straight. Captivating...biggrin.png

It's 20 seconds, not 15 seconds. It used to be 25/60, but now it's 20/55.

Sure, it looks bad if you're assuming you always have two targets, but most boss fights are one target with occasional other stuff thrown in.  You can't always use Havoc on cooldown.  Sometimes, you only want it for something that occurs roughly once a minute, rather than all the time.  If you're doing a fight like Twins where you always (or almost always) have two targets in range to fight, then yeah it's going to work out in your favor to not glyph it.

But, consider a fight like Brackenspore.  The only time I use havoc on that fight is for the spore Shooters, which occur roughly once a minute.  Spore Shooters need to die fast, so as soon as they pop I'm dropping a havoc on one and two Chaos Bolts into each.  The big guy isn't going to wipe us, but those Spore Shooters are problematic.

Or, look at Imperator.  I get to havoc + 2 CBs almost every time an add pops up (the 5 second CD reduction actually worked out to line that up much better), and there's nothing to use Havoc on in between.  The fight lines up that I can usually then use my Havoc at the start of the intermissions, and then when we turn around to clean up the little adds as the boss comes down and is attackable again, I get to cleave Shadowburn on the boss repeatedly.

Havoc is a fight mechanic tool, so you ahve to consider it with fight mechanics in mind.

so I i have mythic shards, copeland's clarity, and heroic warforged runestone, I'm assuming runestone + copeland's is best for destro and shards + copeland's is best for aff?

So I am curious as affliction are there any choices other than the Observer as your default pet. Of course I know not a imp or void or the dominatrix. That leaves the last 2. Are there any advantages beside a spell kick. 

Now on those fights when you do use SB:Haunt would you just use Glyph of sac and sac the felpuppy?

So I am curious as affliction are there any choices other than the Observer as your default pet. 

Um...all of them. From top pet to bottom pet (not counting DS pets) the DPS gain/loss is less then 250DPS. For DPS what pet doesn't matter, what the pet brings does. Ability > all.

Imp has a slight advantage over the other pets for DPS in any fight where there is movement or target switching. Otherwise the pets are even.

SB:H uses GoSup, Sac is really shite for Aff.

• Like 2

You can use any pet that you want. They all do roughly the same damage, just bring different abilities. 

Imp is generally the most often used due to it being ranged and thus easier facilitating target switches, with the Observer barely inching out on pure single target.

In terms of Grimoire of Sacrifice, it is never a DPS increase anymore unless for some reason pets can't attack. Blizz made sure of this a long time ago after tier 14 had it as the clear winner. Using it with Soul burn Haunt would be even worse because generally those fights are multi dotting fights, where your Drain Soul uptime is much lower than on Single Target.

The only thing that I can think might be worth it is short single target fights where you use SB:Haunt, although that will need testing and tbh I am doubtful it would be optimal.

• Like 1

Use the Imp for Cauterize!  Super useful heal (since our Healthstone isn't) and typically way more useful than an interrupt. 

Currently 5/7M and I thought I would throw up some kill videos. If anyone needs advice on any of these fights or those preceding them ask away.

• Like 1

Dear overlords. I have been doing some LFRs and LFGs and switching to SB:Haunt. On fights like Bracken and Tect I am having a problem keeping that buff up. I see on the guide that and I get below 10 seconds and I save for that 2 shards. to buff up. I find myself waiting quite a while on one shard for the second to pop. In addition to that I am seeing that my DPS is actually dropping and I have to be doing something wrong with it. How high does the buif stack up? Like when I cast it with like 5 to 7 seconds left on it I notice it gets added to the time like a DoT. Can you give me a better idea on how to more effectively use the buff?

I got you. I am tappin up to the shit dieing But still just pulling over 20. I forgot when shit dies you get a shard. Mind fart. 

Do you decide to just skip tossing dots on shit and just DS it to get more shards then?

Edited by Budman

Finally got a decent weapon to use a big enchant on, which one win Bleeding Hollow (500 Mastery) or Thunderlord (500 Crit that can be extended) I M= Destro OS = Demo (but not used during raiding right now)

Also got a heroic Shard of Nothing, I have CC and stage 1 Sandman, should I replace Sandman for Shard of Nothing, or keep just using CC + Sandman?

Edited by Nytemare

I got you. I am tappin up to the shit dieing But still just pulling over 20. I forgot when shit dies you get a shard. Mind fart. 

Do you decide to just skip tossing dots on shit and just DS it to get more shards then?

Depends how long they will live for. Generally I just cast UA.

The 30 ilvl difference between SoN and Sandmans will make the former pull ahead for you. Use Copelands in the opener and Shards right after.

If playing affliction; would you still use Copelands first? Isn't the haste more beneficial in the opener?

The 30 ilvl difference between SoN and Sandmans will make the former pull ahead for you. Use Copelands in the opener and Shards right after.

Right after like when 30sec cd is over, or save it for next DS in a min. Putting it and CC each on a 1min cd part from each other, allow u to always use one with a DS?

Also would it be worth upgrading Sandman to a 3/3 now or what? I could use my bloods and do that if it win out;. We are currently 7/7 Normal, 4/7 Heroic (Kargath, Tectus, Butcher, and Twins)

Edited by Nytemare

It's a 20 second lockout. Use them back to back or you risk losing uptime. The Haste proc from SoN doesn't do anything for Chaos Bolt damage, so it is fine to use it when low on embers.

Also Dark Soul has a 2 minute cooldown FYI. You would only be able to sync them like you suggested for the first 3 minutes. Not worth it.

If you can get your Sandman's to 3/3 then 100% do that.

It's a 20 second lockout. Use them back to back or you risk losing uptime. The Haste proc from SoN doesn't do anything for Chaos Bolt damage, so it is fine to use it when low on embers.

Also Dark Soul has a 2 minute cooldown FYI. You would only be able to sync them like you suggested for the first 3 minutes. Not worth it.

If you can get your Sandman's to 3/3 then 100% do that.

So a 3/3 Sandman beats the Shard ok, I will get that. For DS I use the glyph which I expect we are supposed to use, which makes it 1min cd that last 10secs.

Edited by Nytemare