FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sixaxis

Frost DW dps problems in raid

Hi guys, hope someone can help me out a littlebit here.

Went Highmaul with a pug grp today, and my dps was so low that it was embarresing.
In HC`s i usually push 18-20k dps

But at first boss today my best shot was 8,9 dps when we wiped..

What is the big difference here? I gotta do something completely wrong?

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Sixaxis/simple

Greetings. Sixaxis - Sunstrider

Plague leech as a tier 1 talent is a need. It is ahead of the other two talents for that tier and it's pretty much required for all specs. Other than that, I don't see any other thing wrong with your talents ( except I would take purgatory or lichborne over AMZ because you really dont get to use it that often and its 20% only).

You have a lot of gear with haste right now so that will definitely hurt your dps some compared to other DK's, since haste is one of our lowest stats for every spec.

Without logs though it's hard to tell for sure. DK dps is in a weird place right now in my opinion. the rotation for all 3 dps specs is really fairly simple, and if executed flawlessly we have potential to be one of the top dps. but little mistakes make massive differences in our dps. I had 3-4k dps swings on the same fights from one attempt to the next last night. I switched to 2H frost after the second boss last night because I'm just not comfortable enough with unholy to do good dps and be rock solid on mechanics at the same time.

You have a higher item level than I do, and my main hand is a 610, with a 615 off hand (don't ask) and I sustained 14k throughout the fight finishing about a little over 12k. I have my mastery as my main focus on all my gear, then multistrike. When you land a killing machine proc with frost strike with lots of mastery it does a lot of damage main hand, and a good portion off hand, (2 hits) then multi strike occurs and you get 2 more crits at 30% normal value of the crits. My crits are usually around 13 to 16k on main hand and less for the off hand, but it sky rockets dps. don't forget to use soul reaper on cd after 35%, if that multi strikes you will deal a massive amount of damage.Anyway, haste sux now, and crits doesn't matter becuase you should get a lot of killing machine procs. do your best to ignore gear with those stats or replace them as soon as something with mastery multi strike comes along. it's bis imo.

Any combination of Mastery, Multistrike, and Versalitity is pretty much BiS for DW.

ah, thanks..

I stacked up some haste because i felt like i had to wait too long sometimes for my runes, but maby that`s just how it is, i stoll got some "waiting time" now and then...

I`ll try run some heroics, and maby i should change out mastery gems with multistrike ?
And also try to get som ny multi and versi gear (better than haste and critt)

But i tought it was wierd that i went from 21k dps last run trough everbloom before i went HM, and got like 8k dps at my best.

Top dps in the raid group was a hunter with 14k

It's possible the 21k is just because of more opportunities to aoe, and shorter fight length allowing for burst and rng to inflate your numbers. 21k would be better than simcraft numbers for DW for a 630ish ilvl, and anyone that's used simcraft for a while knows they're usually at least about 10% higher than what you can actually attain on single target.

14k for the highest dps in the raid seems low though. I was one of the lowest dps in our raid at 16-18k.

I haven't tried DW in raid, I did try DW in heroics and found I did better with 2h. Unholy is best, but I'm bad at unholy and really good at frost, so my 2h frost dps is higher than my unholy dps.

Downtime is not necessarily bad but instead of going after haste gear, start playing with plague leech. That talent is worth a lot of haste points and helps during downtime. I haven't played DW at all this expansion but from what I have read, it wouldn't surprise me if it lagged behind on a ST sustained damage raid fight as opposed to the bursty short dungeon fights.