Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need a bit of Help with my warlock

1 post in this topic

Ok so here is my little background. I have played warlock since I started wow. I love it and I just came back to warlock and wow for that matter at the end of MoP. I was a DK for a top 100 guild in Wrath and Cata. Not a warlock. I am tired of melee and wanted to be a ranged so enter my warlock. Budman my Armory link is in my signature. So that is where I am at. Now as I get back into serious raiding on a casual level and I want to get my DPS up. I went affliction because it is my first love. Demo is fun for me and will be my second spec. I just have never liked Destro so we won't go there unless it is hands down top DPS. So as the mod laid out here is my logs for highmaul. Keep in mind I was moving in to the cleve group so that we would get cleved. then back out at 3 stacks.

My ilvl is 635 but I have crit gear that is warforged that i swapped out for Haste Mastery just solely based on crit being on there. I re rolled the stats on my robe to make sure it has haste mastery. It looks like my uptime is where I am losing out at and I was wondering if you have a little time to maybe give me a solid suggestion or two. Thanks in advance

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zorban
      Hey there. I've decided to actually do some raid content this expansion instead of messing around. I'm a bit new to all this so I'm sorry if this is a silly question.
      I've been playing as Affliction and I understand that mastery > haste > crit.
      My question is does it matter if I have any crit? You can see in my armory that I've only got 1 item with crit on it and I was hoping to replace it with mastery whenever I get the chance. These are the logs from my guild's raid last night. I'm happy with the dps I'm doing but I'm just wondering if I'm missing out on some extra dps. If maybe I've invested too heavily into mastery and haste.
      Thanks for your time.
    • By Amateurpeeweeeeh
      Hello together,
      I just came back to playing after a huge break. Basically everyone told me not to play affliction warlock in legion, so I did anyways hehe =(
      Ofc I am in a very weak spot now, thank god I have a guild who I can raid with anyways.
      My main issue now is: regardless of the weak affliction-specc. tells me I can reach 230k DPS. Is this buffed (flask,food etc) because there is no way I can reach this. I can reach like 150k (no buffood,flask etc).
      edit: btw I'm not letting dots run out; my gear has the right stats etc 
      Second issue: No matter what talents I choose -> the outcame is only a minor difference. I am struggling with the use of contagion and soul effigy (here I don't know which dots i keep going - 35% dmg / global cooldown effectiveness?) because of the much RNG I get (shard generation + soulproccs of artifact).
      It feels smoother to just go for absolute corruption and soul conduit because I can just use shards+souls together without hoping for frequent proccs of both simultaniously.
      Glad I take all advice you can give me.
      + I just hope for another big patch of course. But I guess none is coming before few weeks of raiding. 
      Sincere regards a PvE-newcomer/comeback amateur hehe :(
    • By DemonCratic
      So, I'm a warlock ilvl 665 right now, and I'm worried about my DPS, I'm not sure if it's low or not for my ilvl but it seems low compared to the data I saw on Noxxic, so I'm an affliction warlock, I respect the exact same rotation that Noxxic and Icy-veins show, and I'm getting around 20k DPS on training dummies, buffed with Grimoire of sacrifice, stone from highmaul and an elixir of intellect. I don't think that's good dps for my ilvl.
      My rotation is the following: I begin by using Soulburn : Soulswap so I apply my dots directly, then I cast Drain Soul as a filler, I refresh agony when it's = 7 seconds or a bit less, Corruption I refresh it when it's 5-6 seconds, Unstable corruption refresh at 4-5 seconds. I'm never gonna use a soulburn on a regular haunt unless a nightfall procs like directly after I apply my Soulburn : Haunt, I'll mainly save up my soul shards for Soulburn then haunt, so 2+ soul shards and it's mainly when I have the Soulburn: Haunt buff up that I pop Dark Soul: Misery (I'm not sure when to use it so I use it at that time)
      So to go straight to the answers/advices I need
      1. Is this good/normal/bad DPS for my ilvl as an Affliction Warlock (Buffs: HM stones, Draenic potion, Grimoire of Sacrifice)
      2. Should I play Affliction at my ilvl or another spec such as Destro
      3. Is there any problems with my talents? I don't think my gears really matters since I'm pretty low ilvl but am I missing something?
      4. And maybe advices, etc... you know what I mean, thanks in advance
      5. Is there something wrong with my rotation? If yes, could you tell me how to improve it please.
      Bonus question: Is the legendary questline still worth doing, even if Legion comes out in 1 month and a half? 
      Link to my armory :
      (I'm counting on replacing the pvp gears I have right now, since I'm mainly focusing on gearing right now) 
      (And, it's my first Icy-veins forum so idk how to put logs, sorry.)
    • By Penguin
      Hi everyone, I'll be honest: I need some help with my DPS. I've struggled with the majority of HFC, and don't really know where else to turn.
      For Aff, I'm going GoSac/SB:H
      For Destro, I'm going GoSac/CR
      I am the only lock in the raid, named Penguin
      Here are my most recent logs for Heroic Iron Reaver: (Affliction)
      H Kormok: (Affliction)
      H Hellfire High Council: (Affliction)
      H Kilrogg: (Destro)
      H Gorefiend: (Destro)
      A couple comments for each of the fights:
      Iron Reaver: I was testing out a couple /stopcasting macros which kinda screwed up my Dot uptimes, so I'm not sure how accurate this fight will be in comparison to most pulls. Other than that, plus some buff misalignments/not potting a second time, it was a fairly normal pull.
      Kormok: Now, here is where I'm getting a little lost. Given that I don't have the Fragment of the Dark Star trinket, I'm avoiding going Destro as much as I can. However, even with a 4pc, I'm only in the 16th percent of my bracket. My lowest uptime for my dots was UA at 93%, which could certainly be higher, but I don't feel that would cost me THAT much in performance. I noticed my buff alignment/Haunting Spirits was messy towards the end, but that seems to generally happen regardless of what I try to do. Suggestions?
      Council: Basically the same as Kormok, though i feel I did better. In fact,I had significantly higher uptimes on my dots and was only 19th in my bracket. What gives? 
      Kilrogg: Now, with Destro i've always felt weak, and with an immolate uptime of 58% and only 10 shadowburns, I can more or less understand this number. Yet, I don't really understand how to improve outside of getting these two numbers up (only using shadowburns for sniping adds, of course) so help there would be appreciated. Would improving these two numbers result in the crazy high numbers that even those who don't go in the portal see?
      Gorefiend: Same as Kilogg, though I feel I did significantly better with Shadowburns (Immolate was terrible, and while there are more things to Shadowburn, my use of a mouse over macro was as efficient as I could be). 
      TL;DR- I feel like I'm doing well but I'm not compared to other warlocks, help?
    • By Penguin
      Hey everyone, I wanted to asked about what the most approved strategy for Hellfire Assault in Hellfire Citadel, more specifically on Heroic. I've been doing it using Affliction, but I've noticed that my numbers have been pretty subpar in comparison to the rest of my team as well as in comparison to the rest to the raid bosses.
      After looking around and thinking about the problem, it seems like going Destro w/ Charred Remains would be the best strategy for this fight, but I have a couple questions:
      1. While this would probably be the best way to rock the DPS meters, how do you play it? Spam Chaos Bolt on key targets, or use Fire and Brimstone and go crazy on all the adds? It seems like it would be pretty easy to pull great numbers without actually being that helpful using that strategy.
      2. Would using Fire and Brimstone screw over the raid by activating the Gorebound Felcaster's Metamorphosis without actually killing them? That's the difficulty our team has been having.
      In essence, I have very little experience with the Charred Remains while using Fire and Brimstone style of playing, and am not sure of how to adapt with each fight (especially this one). If anyone has any specific advice, or knows where to get it, I'd really appreciate it.