Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juzu

Ko'Ragh DPS

3 posts in this topic

So after my guild's first clear of Highmaul last night, I have begun analyzing the data on my personal performance, and I came across an interesting idea involving Ko'Ragh. Myself and the other DK in our raid noticed our damage as Unholy was severely gimped on this fight due to his ability "Nullification Barrier", the magic damage absorb. Obviously, Unholy is the go-to spec right now for achieving maximum DPS, but it seems that for this fight in particular, Frost may be a better option to maximize personal DPS, due to the fact that so much of Unholy's damage revolves around magic damage from diseases, Scourge Strike, Mastery, etc. Frost seems to be a more viable option simply due to the fact that Obliterate and Frost Strike do not rely heavily on magic damage. 

* Obviously this will not increase your groups overall kill time since SOMEONE will still have to break that magic shield, this is just an idea on how to raise our own DPS and let those pesky caster DPS deal with the mechanic instead of us. It's all about those meters baby.

TLDR : Frost is probably higher DPS than Unholy on the Ko'Ragh fight. 

You'll only make yourself look better on Skada. warcraft logs accounts for damage against the shield.

I was playing frost last night, and just happened to beat our unholy DK, but skada during the fight had me at like 12k dps, and the unholy dk at 8k dps. in warcraft logs though I did 16.4k and he did 16.3k.

So just play which ever spec you do more dps in. unless you're going to 10 melee the boss or something, someone needs to break the shield, and you're only making yourself look better on in game damage meters by switching.

Is there a way to get Skada or Recount to accurately reflect damage done during the fight? (including damage done to the shield)?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Browed
      I will NOT be using BoS in 7.1.5...  why?
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=132459/perseverance-of-the-ebon-martyr
      Build:
      http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/frost/cj7z
      Basically with the combination of Gathering Storm (extended RW) and fitting more Rime into that time period I'm hoping that my M+ hybrid spec will remain competitive and the sims thus far seem to support the theory.
      If you have the helm too, grats! and look forward to the major increase in it's power with Freezing Fog +30% and Tier 19 based around more Rime and more RP from Rime we should see many viable builds popping up on logs. **Stay with FP for now until you have T19 x 2 - see updated build link ^^
      Why not BoS and Hungering? ... well, I'm looking for big Rime crits and don't fancy the long CD to manage. I also want to remain powerful in M+ which should be the case with this build... I'm pretty sure I can become more useful with Winter is Coming + extended RW... stunning mobs for the whole of PoF uptime.
      Obliteration will be used to maximise rune spam for Gathering Storm.
      Lets hear your thoughts?
    • By bwaargh
      So, i'm lvl 866 crit - castigator - soul reaper. Crit 27%, haste 18%, mastery 29%.  Draugr, Girdle of the Everlasting King and Sephuz's Secret. I simc at 305k dps single target. When i switch to CS - necrosis - dark arbiter, i simc at 298k dps. But my gear is crit-heavy low-mastery and i've no Deadliest coil traits yet, so i wonder if mastery build is really better now. But icy and noxxic still suggest crit-build. Does anyone have the possibility and gear to simc two of this builds with the same ilvl gear. Please share.
    • By Leshrac
      Hey! Somebody help me please, Which should I use? 
      Tiny Oozeling Jar  870 ilvl
      Accolade of Victory: (1560 str;1055 Versa) 870ilvl
      Memento of Angerboda 855ilvl
      Nature's Call 850ilvl
      Horn of Valor 855ilvl
      Spiked Counterwight 855ilvl
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Leshrac/simple
      thanks for the help

• By Gendibal
      Hello, I'm sure I'm no the one who noticed that we unholy dks can proc sephuz secret on dungeon and raid bosses using the pet stun (if you haven't you can try using pet stun even without the successful stun the ring procs).
      Last patch this was a something I lol'd cuz many classes said sephuz secret was useless for them. And with the legendary updates this ring got a plus% of haste, so it is better than before (with this update I still don't know if now every class can activate the effect).
      Problem is I have 3 legendaries, Sephu'z, Prydaz and the uh dk Belt (Draugr, Girdle of the Everlasting king). I will obviously keep the belt but I'm not sure if with the update Prydaz (with 3 stats now) is better than Sephu'z (activating 25% haste every pet stun (90 sec)).
      I'd like to know your ideas or if anyone had run some numbers please share, and if you are unholy with sephuz and you did'nt know you can activate the proc, try it now!
      Thanks for your answers.
    • By Nyancoil
      Hello all,
      This is my first post in this area of the forum and I was wondering if someone can help me.
      I've recently started logging my encounters - starting with my guilds ToV HC run.
      While I'm always usually in the top 2-5 people on the DPS meter during raids, the log I took for the ToV HC run show me to be in the lower percentiles for that fight for my gear level (879 equipped, 880 bagged). I'd appreciate it if someone could enlighten me and let me know if there is something wrong in my rotation? Anything is appreciated, I'd like to maximise what I can if there's more I can eek out of my spec!
      Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4p1dqz73WD86jnRL/#type=damage-done&source=5 (it's a live log so it'll be constantly updating while this run is going)
      Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/68rytKvmMxH7RTkc#fight=17 (for some other information - here is my Kara clear for the week (with NB))
      Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Eaglie/simple
      If any more information is required please let me know!
      Thanks guys!