Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vale

A quandary on how to maximize warlock area of effect in heroics.

3 posts in this topic

Fellow Warlocks welcome a new member into your family. I've dabbled with Demonology and thrown curse words around with Affliction in Wrath of The Lich King.  

I'm out of practice and I'm in the process of learning everything about my favorite class all over again and my goal is to join a raiding team this expansion. The current state of warlocks is lackluster and some claim that the class itself is cursed with horrible resource mechanics and mobility problems or even outright shattered into tiny fragments and then hastily glued back together.

In spite of this I have chosen Demonology as my method of domination due to the on demand damage, and the perk of transforming into a demon and pretending to be a demon hunter. 

TLDR;

Now with all of that out the way I'm in a quandary over how to exactly maximize my area of effect my spells and demons. I have heard that Grimoire of Service is the superior choice in certain situations, but I'm not exactly certain as how to why this is perhaps summoning another Felguard for it's cleave?

In closing I've also heard that having two different Demonology set ups in heroics one for Area of Effect and the other for the Boss encounter. Am I correct in my choice of two Demonology Talent choices?  

In closing I've also heard that having two different Demonology set ups in heroics one for Area of Effect and the other for the Boss encounter. Am I correct in my choice of two Demonology Talent choices?  

I think you mean in CMs, you can't change talents or glyphs in a CM but you can change specs so what some have done is have two specs of the same thing but one built talent and glyph wise for single target and the other for AoE.

In a normal or heroic 5 man you can change glyphs and talents on the fly so there isn't a need to waste your other spec.

GoServ is good because the fel guard that it summons comes out spinning, the burst AoE from this combined with HoG and your normal pets spin-to-win is very powerful.

I think you mean in CMs, you can't change talents or glyphs in a CM but you can change specs so what some have done is have two specs of the same thing but one built talent and glyph wise for single target and the other for AoE.

In a normal or heroic 5 man you can change glyphs and talents on the fly so there isn't a need to waste your other spec.

GoServ is good because the fel guard that it summons comes out spinning, the burst AoE from this combined with HoG and your normal pets spin-to-win is very powerful.

I see thanks Lockybalboa I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the future.