FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Slexxo

First impressions

So, yesterday i did my first Highmaul, only got to the first 2 bosses. I'd like to hear everyone's experience into going to Highmaul, and how you functioned as a warlock.

I was suprised to see i could sustain a good 15k dps, even though some of the fights require some moving. I specced destro with GoSup en DS, and was not dissapointed :)

I love how the fights have nice mechanics ( Kargath chaining ppl in the arena, the pits, switching teams on Butcher etc.. ). Only thing that bothers me is, that i was in a group via Raid finder, and that we were able to get pretty far on the first evening. I'd loved to see some more difficulty in downing the bosses.

Let me hear your stories ;)

Overall I am pleased.  If I played great, I parsed great, if i didnt.. I was at the bottom.  The way it should be.

Destruction felt great, Demo felt Great.  I really enjoyed my last two raid nights!  So fresh!

GoSup/Serv seems to really be the best option by a considerable margin.  I tried me some CR and it just did not work out well for me.  I think the Terrorguard goes a long way to help the sustained DPS with all the new mechanic to be wary of.

In our group, Rogues and Hunters look really strong right now.

There is a bit of a gear gap right now but Locks seemed to still have one of the highest ceilings for casters.

Got Normal cleared and Kargath/Butcher down Heroic, working on Tectus.  After some reading today I think I will try out some Demo - Cata/KJC

Overall, each fight seems to have a mechanic that fits the lock tool kit and there is a good range of fight mechanics.

Happy Warlock is Happy.

Loved it. I was really worried about our spot on meters, but like Soulzar, if I played well, I parsed well. This was on Normal, we got 4/7 down before calling it.

I did Destro GoSup/DS for every boss; the mobility given by the Terrorguard doing ~25% of my damage is really helpful. I got picked to do the balancing of the groups thing on Butcher, tho, which I think is a Demo role. Will try that next week.

Overall, I was top 5 damage, but as a "mechanics bot" so I'm happy with it. The ret pally in our guild smoked everyone, though.

I've been raiding as Destruction since my gear currently favors it. So far it feels incredibly mediocre and the numbers are about on par with the sims we've been seeing:

Kargath

The Butcher

More: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/6#difficulty=4&metric=dps&bracket=1

Lol oh my.  Seems so weird to see only 7 casters in the top 200, 3 in the top 100.

I am sure the QQ from us casters will be glorious!

Pugged the first two bosses with attempts on Tectus. I was top DPS by far (Destro with Terrorguard) at 19k+ for Butcher and Tectus attempts, and second DPS for Kargath because of bleacher duty. Although I'm not sure if me being ahead was gear difference (I'm 642 from doing lots of missions) or the group being noobs, because Locks should be low on the meters.

Overall it was really fun and I don't think it was difficult. KJC seems really useful for Tectus but I'm awful with it.

Edited by Mikedawg

Although I'm not sure if me being ahead was gear difference (I'm 642 from doing lots of missions) or the group being noobs, because Locks should be low on the meters.

for perspective, 19k would have put you 5th in my raid.

KJC feels weird still, macroing it because Im lazy seems to have helped a lot.

for perspective, 19k would have put you 5th in my raid.

KJC feels weird still, macroing it because Im lazy seems to have helped a lot.

Yeah I plan to Macro it to Darksoul tonight and give it a shot.  3 times last night I lost my entire CC +DS because some retard ran the red shit through the raid stack point right as I popped my CD's.  

Yeah I plan to Macro it to Darksoul tonight and give it a shot.  3 times last night I lost my entire CC +DS because some retard ran the red shit through the raid stack point right as I popped my CD's.  

I've set it up like that, but even then its awkward. Sure it gaurantees it gets your cooldowns off, but then you won't end up using it optimally because you won't be timing KJC at the moment you really need to move, or you time your CDs when you need to move instead of when you can maximize damage. It is a bit annoying getting used to KJC.

Destro felt pretty good. Only played demo on tectus. I've kept my rank one on Butcher hc for over a day now, pretty happy with that one ^^ Checked my skada after that raid, and saw my doombolt had like 48% multistrike and incin around 40%. Fun stuff