FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deafmetalman

Mortal Coil Issue

Hello everyone...

Just coming here to question whether anyone else is experiencing an issue with mortal coil not healing during boss encounters.

While in Highmaul, during the first two bosses, I noticed that Mortal Coil was no longer healing me. Is this a known issue? Or does it not work because the bosses are immune to horror, and if this is the case, is it working as intended? I doubt the latter...

I Thought I'd bring it up, as I couldn't find any other posts on it.

Edit: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1YCvXRt3cH2m9PbW#type=healing&source=4&boss=1706

Thought I'd add a log. As you can see, no healing received from mortal coil, despite me using it 14 times throughout our Butcher attempts.

Edited by Deafmetalman

It should always heal, even if the boss is immune to the horror effect.

That said, I have not used this spell ever.  RIP Death Coil, baseline.

Shadowfury for life

• Like 1

I would submit this - it's pretty clear it's a bug.  The tooltip for MC still says it should heal for 11% of the user's maximum HP.  It sounds like when they augmented it from 15% to 11%, they accidentally made it not work. -_-

We're not running logs yet, so I decided to keep an eye on it in tonight's raid, and it does in fact look like Mortal Coil is NOT healing....at least off raid bosses.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is an intended change to further nerf Lock healing, but I sent a tweet to Celestalon just in case.

Edited by RethulUrNo

Can I go ahead and say that I hate that Twitter is the preferred method of reaching devs? Wtf happened to submitting reports or them looking at forums?

Can I go ahead and say that I hate that Twitter is the preferred method of reaching devs? Wtf happened to submitting reports or them looking at forums?

Maybe Devs can only read 150 letters before they get confused?

• Like 1

In addition to their bug report forums and internal reports being flooded with the release of the new  xpac, i don't even imagine whatever filters they have in place would pick up on this properly the first time around.

i don't know about you guys, but some stuff i've sent tickets for in the past come back with cut-n-paste form replies that don't even begin to address the issue, but something picked up a phrase combination to cause that outcome.

hitting them up on social media, while still being a drop in a sea of interaction, might be n infinitely faster method.

Sounds like they need to improve their ticket and support system instead of falling back on Twitter.

this happened to me too

also something funny happens, in a try with AD and no DS glyph, DS stopped working, but we kill the boss and i change to DS glyph and no AD and he returned to work, but with 10 seconds duration and 10 sec CD

it lasted while we a farming mobs, when we reset the instance was back to 60 sec CD

Yeah, it´s totally bugged. I changed my talent to Mortal Coil and after the first change I would get a message like:"You have to learn this ability." After double checking, that I actually selected it and again re-learning, I was able to cast it, but I don´t got any healing from it. I was pretty mad, because my groups healing output doesn´t allow too much life tap or I´m just too dumb to plan it ahead and so I wanted to smooth my health bar using Mortal Coil.