Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Systole

Best Destruction Weapon Enchant?

8 posts in this topic

AskMrRobot advises you to use Mark of the Shattered Hand (mastery) on your weapon and enchant everything else with Crit. Mark of the Thunderlord, however, not only gives you crit, but gives you a chance to extend the buff duration when you crit, which sounds good if you can cast chaos bolts.

What do you think is the best enchant for Destruction Warlocks?

I personally will be going with the Mastery one, but I do not really have any data to back that choice up with.

In Beta I tested the Crit one quite a lot as I felt with Demo, having this crit proc up would be amazing for Doom ticks...but it never seemed to perform as well as the mastery one.

Mastery gains a lot of value once you start adding cleave targets, and I plan to offspec Demo.  I intend to change my enchants tonight as well, from crit to mastery.

Mastery starts to really add in value to players that know how the fuck to play Destro.  That being said, the proc is really nice as a boost to Chaos Bolt as the proc crit in this case feels much stronger than static crit or even proc mastery because we have so few procs right now.  The only way I would see it lose value to the mastery enchant is if it is a high cleave or heavy Shadowburn fight as non crit Shadowburns are weak as fuck and mastery will be your only savior.

I've been using the crit one for the last raid. Uptime on it was pretty good (40% for the entire night) It gets extended quite a lot because you crit a lot as destro. If it wasn't so damn expensive i would try out the mastery one aswell :c

AskMrRobot advises you to use Mark of the Shattered Hand (mastery) 

As far as I know, inv_misc_note_01.jpgMark of the Shattered Hand isn't the mastery enchant but the bleed effect, I'm using it as well because it is the one used by most of the top locks I've checked on the armory, will try the mastery proc if this one is nerfed tho

Edited by Peepz

The main issue is that the Mastery proc is like 16x more expensive right now. Once I get a heroic weapon I'll put Bleeding Hollow (mastery) on it, but right now I just have 661ilvl weapon so not too fussed.

I'm using it as well because it is the one used by most of the top locks I've checked on the armory

It isn't because it is better, it's because it's 1/20th the price. In two-three weeks when Temporals are plunging in price and more people have a weapon that is worth a good enchant the mastery/crit enchants will become a lot more common.

Thanks Locky, I thought that for some reason the SH might have had a bugged/unbalanced proc. I'll get my mastery enchant once I get a 670 weap then !