FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Storm

HighMaul and Blackrock - Blood DK Style

This post will be used for discussion about tips and tricks for Blood tanking the boss encounters in Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry. We would like all of your advice and input. Simply comment below if you know any Spell, Talent, Glyph or anything else that will be useful in one of the T17 encounters.

Please note this General tip by Branold too: the T17 4 pieces bonus without the vampiric blood glyph makes you really powerful as you will always absorb a lot of damage,added with the 2 pieces bonus you can be virtually immortal most of the time

Highmaul

- Tip by Dizturb3dwun: Gorefiends grasp makes it easy to group the adds in the stands for aoe
- Tip by Dizturb3dwun: Defile is reccomend for aoe up top
- Per something DemonArdvark tested, Necrotic Plague + Unholy Blight may allow you to spread 15 stacks of necrotic plague very quickly, and absolutely wrecking all the adds.
- Tip by PurritoDK: Glyph of Blood Boil and Chillblains
- Tip by demonardvark: Gorefiend's Grasp, Necrotic Plague.

-

Tectus

- Tip by Branold: AMS can mitigate the damage of tectonic upheaval

- Tip by Dizturb3dwun: Aphyxiate for Earthcallers

Tip by demonardvark: Gorefiend's Grasp, Necrotic Plague.

Brackenspore

- Tip by Branold: AMS will prevent you from gaining stacks of infesting spores

Twin Ogron

- Use AMS to run through the fires without getting stacks

Ko'ragh

- Tip by Branold: Gorefiend's grasp and death grip are helpful for group anomalies in the suppression field.

- Tip by Purromancer: AMS will allow you to run through the suppression fields without taking damage, or getting silenced.

- Tip by Nexon: Glyph of Runic Power will generate RP when hit by the Orb of Ice from Expel magic: Frost

- Tip by Simpetar: AMS for Expel Magic: Fire debuff, Death's Advance against Expel Magic: Frost

Imperator Mar'gok

Blackrock Foundry

Gruul

- Tip by Disturb3dwun: AMS + Rune Tap will soak Inferno Strike

- Tip by Shine: Anti Magic Zone helps mitigate damage on a group hit by Inferno Slice

- Tip by Shine: Rune Tap is great for Overwhelming Blows

Oregorger

Tip by Bearbehemoth (and Disturb3dwun): AMS to mitigate Acid Torrent

Tip by simpetar: glyph of Icebound Fotitude fo Acid Torrent

- Tip by Shine: Desecrated Ground might break the stun from Explosive Shards (untested)

The Blast Furnace

Tip by Disturb3dwun: Gorfiend's Grasp to group adds on Primal Elementalists on Phase 2

Tip by Disturb3dwun: AMS soaks ticking damage from Heat

- Tip by Branold: Breath of Sindragosa may provide nice selfhealing during Phase 3

Tip by Branold: Army and Remorseless Winter may be useful during the transition between Phases 1 and 2.

- Tip by Shine: Aphyxiate seems like a good choice with this many adds

(*)Please note you cannot have Gorefiend's Grasp and Remorseless Winter both.

Hans'gar and Franzok

- Tip by Shine: Death's Advance works is excellent in this fight

Flamebender Ka'graz

Tip by Disturb3dwun: AMS for Wolves breath

Tip by simpetar: Breath of Sindragosa for Firestorm

- Tip by Shine: Anti Magic Zone will mitigate some damage from Firestorm

Kromog

Tip by Disturb3dwun: Breath of Sindragosa during the breath attack works very well.

Tip by simpetar: Glyph of Blood Boil for spreading diseases on hands.

Tip by simpetar: Glyph of Regenerative Magic is good for mitigating breath damage

- Tip by Shine: Death's Advance works against the slowing debuff.

Beastlord Darmac

Tip by Disturb3dwun: Remorseless Winter for add control

Tip by Bearbehemoth: When not tanking boss or adds, spread diseases on pinning spears

Tip by Branold: AMS to mitigate firedamage when tanking the rylak

Tip by Branold: Army to help out with the adds.

Tip by simpetar: Unglyphed Army reduces pressure on tanks when there are lots of adds.

Operator Thogar

Tip by Branold: AMS helps with high stacks of Enkindle

- Tip by Branold: Army is useful during raid split

Tip by simpetar: Unglyphed Army reduces pressure on tanks when there are lots of adds.

Tip by simpetar: Gorefiends Grasp works pretty good.

- Tip by Shine: Death's Advance 

- Tip by Shine: Remorseless Winter

The Iron Maidens

- Tip by Bearbehemoth: Rune Tap is great for mitigating Marak's Crystallised Blood (from Blood Ritual)

Tip by Bearbehemoth: Marak's Sanguine Strikes (final phase: 100 energy) can be countered by Icebound Fortitude, Dancing Rune Weapon and Boneshield

Blackhand

-

• Like 1

Taking Gorefiends and Defile on Kargath let's you group and then decimate the arena Adds very VERY quickly.

You can use Rune Tap on a LOT of the butchers "Tenderizers" to dramatically reduce tank damage. Dancing Rune Weapons parry can also be used very effectively as "Tenderizer" can be avoided.

• Like 1

Taking Gorefiends and Defile on Kargath let's you group and then decimate the arena Adds very VERY quickly.

You can use Rune Tap on a LOT of the butchers "Tenderizers" to dramatically reduce tank damage. Dancing Rune Weapons parry can also be used very effectively as "Tenderizer" can be avoided.

Think you are mixing some stuff up here. Tenderize will ALWAYS hit , ALWAYS. The cleaver can be avoided .

Edited by Sandero
  • Like 1

Anti magic shell can be used to avoir getting stacks of infesting spores during the fight against Brackenspore

I usually use the cooldown when I'm about to hit 5 stacks because the cast of infesting spore is longer than the shell.

Gorefiend's grasp is useful against Ko'ragh when you have to move the volatile anomalies in the suppression field

anti-magic shell helps you mitigating the damage of a lot of tectus abilities,including the Tectonic upheaval

Please forgive me if my english is bad,it's not my main language :)

• Like 1

anti-magic shell helps you mitigating the damage of a lot of tectus abilities,including the Tectonic upheaval

I didn't know that. That's really good advice, especially for heroic and mythic.

• Like 1

Ko'ragh

Using Anti-Magic Shell, you can run over Suppression Fields without taking damage and without getting silenced at all for as long as it lasts. Useful for herding adds, since you can just wade directly through the field.

• Like 1

Ko'ragh

Using Anti-Magic Shell, you can run over Suppression Fields without taking damage and without getting silenced at all for as long as it lasts. Useful for herding adds, since you can just wade directly through the field.

wow,really useful thanks,I had difficulties herding the adds and going though the field at the same time,me and my raid group thank you for next week smile.png

Edited by Branold
  • Like 1

Kargath chains group:
Blood Boil Glyph is near mandatory here.
Chillblains lets you keep a rapid momentum up top, and all of those mobs are slowable.  I generally just keep firing off blood boils and diseases when I'm up top and threat has never been an issue.  

First pass: Diseases and move left to deathgrip the lone bomber, spread diseases and move right to the last bombers.
Second Pass: Move right and grab all bombers to the left of the ogre, then move left.
Third pass and onward: Clear all bombers to the left of that same ogre.
Clearing the top in this way maximizes bomber kills as they're weighted to spawn in that sector of the stands, wheras ogres spawn more on the right side.

Tectus:
Strangulate for the little caster add when he casts Gift of Earth.

• Like 1

Koragh:

Well timed AMS also prevents the application of Expel Magic: Fire debuff. Glyph of Regenerative Magic helps with the timing.

Death´s Advance active part will counter speed decrease from Expel Magic: Frost.

• Like 1

Koragh:

Well timed AMS also prevents the application of Expel Magic: Fire debuff. Glyph of Regenerative Magic helps with the timing.

Death´s Advance active part will counter speed decrease from Expel Magic: Frost.

the death advance thing is especially useful when Ko'ragh applies Expel Magic:Arcane on you,you don't want to be slowed down when your footsteps are explosive

• Like 1

Oregorger: Pop AMS just before Acid Torrent and your healers will want to your have your babies.

Darmac: Using remorseless winter on the adds in the later stages of the fight when the taunting can get chaotic buys you 6 seconds of vastly reduced damage when you need it.

Darmac: When free from adds and not active on the boss - spread your diseases on the spears. 

• Like 1

Gruul: You can solo soak Inferno Strike with AMS + Rune Tap.
Oregorger: AMS for Acid Torrent

Blast Furnace: Gorfiends the adds onto the Primal Elementalist's in phase (not the Guards though), massive cleave damage. AMS Soaks Ticking Damage from Heat

Flamebender: Block the Wolves Breath with AMS

Kromog: Breath of Sindragosa during the Breath attack is insanely OP

Beastmaster: Remourseless Winter. 'Nuff Said.

• Like 1

Darmac:-Use your army whenever you are having trouble with the adds,they will do the job for you

-AMS helps you mitigating the increasing fire damage when you are tanking the rylak

Thogar:AMS helps you if you are going to take a big number of Enkindle stacks

Furnace:between phase 1 and 2 if there is still a lot of adds you can use your army to help you,remorseless winter may work too,never tested it myself

And something I never tested yet:Breath of Sindragosa may be really nice during blast furnace P3,the boss deals a lot of fire damage to the whole raid every 5 sec,that could provide a nice self-healing cooldown

Edited by Branold
  • Like 1

Highmaul:

Kargath, Tectus, Ko'ragh, Imperator

All of these I love pairing gorefiends with necrotic. Tectus i like it for the motes to round em up and burn that phase. The others by and by are for add nuking. Also with all the spare rune power you will generate I like blood taping with it to build huge blood shields. So when boss comes back you are ready for some smacking around.

• Like 1

Maidens:

• Marak's Crystallized Blood (Blood Ritual's tank component) can be soaked by a Rune Tap Every single time, providing you don't blow them on anything else.
  • In the final phase Marak's Sanguine strikes (physical Damage) can be countered by IBF, DRW and Boneshield and these should be chained together.
  • Like 1

Acid Torrent is physical though. Why would AMS help mitigate it?

I think it mitigates the raid damage,but I still prefer rune tap to be sure

Also:Thogar-Army of the dead during the raid splits,especially during the second one,having two DK is awesome in this fight because one army for each split

• Like 1

Oregorger - Glyph of Icebound Fortitude helps with mitigating Acid Torrent (if the timing is careful). Desecrated Ground breaks stuns (but not the damage)

Flamebender - Breath of Sindragosa makes you virtually immune to Firestorm.

Kromag - Glyph of Blood Boil helps with spreading diseases on more hands. Glyph of Regenerative Magic greatly helps with mitigating breath.

Thogar + Darmac - Unglyphed Army of the Dead reduces pressure on the tanks in later phases, if you are overrun with adds.

Thogar - Gorefiend's grasp is priceless for making quick work of adds from long trains.

Edited by simpetar
  • Like 1

General

the T17 4 pieces bonus without the vampiric blood glyph makes you really powerful as you will always absorb a lot of damage,added with the 2 pieces bonus you can be virtually immortal most of the time

• Like 1

Acid Torrent is physical though. Why would AMS help mitigate it?

It wouldn't mitigate the Acid Torrent, what it would do though is mitigate the Acid Maw damage to stop it chipping away at your Blood Shield. (This is if the active tank is taking Acid Torrent)