FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nozome

Current mage condition

I've been playing my frost mage for a few weeks now and I thought it was doing "okay".
I was always pulling the most dps in hc/cm dungeons (mostly on bosses) and I had no complaints.
Yesterday we did the first 2 bosses in highmaul normal with a "whatever" guild group (because some people couldn't make it and we decided to chill a bit ) and we will raid normally this sunday. In those 2 fights I had no problem doing 20k+ dps and be on top 3 of the meters (20k on kargath and 22k on butcher without running PC).

So , my question is , is mage THAT bad? The QQ on forums is insane , people are saying stuff that can really frighten you. Are all the mages on official forums bad or what is going on?

I'm not saying that frost is okay as it is , it could use some changes , but its not crap as people are saying (i don't even wanna talk about fire ;] )

What are your opinions on frost compared with other classses?

In my opinion mage certainly does have some mechanical issues, and it is true that it's not the strongest class in the game. But thats okay and there are certainly reasons why any raidleader should bring us!

Frost is fine damage wise, the only classes we struggle to compete with like Hunters are blatantly OP so it's in a good spot. PC kind of sucks, but it's not really a mandatory talent so i can live with it.

It's a shame that the other two specs are doing so horribly, but it's not quite the end of the world for us mages tbh

Edited by TLTeo

I keep steady dps with everyone else 18k-20k of my guild so our dmg isnt bad. I would just like to see comet storm be an option and PC not be so mandatory. You dont have to pick it now but its the most optimal atm with gear lvls in the 600-640s. I would also like fire to not be so damn gear dependent to be a viable choice. 

I don't think PC is mandatory, TV looks perfectly viable, especially in actual raiding scenarios with movement and whatnot

They are pretty close to eachother indeed. I just much rather prefer Prismatic Crystal, but that's a personal thing