FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwenymph

Highmaul Bosses (N/H) for Healing Priests

This first post is for Disc tips.  Holy tips are located in the second post, HERE.

Kargath Bladefist (Normal/Heroic):

Pre-Pull:  For each encounter in Normal and Heroic difficulty, it is completely acceptable to proc EAA (ability_priest_archangel.jpgEmpowered Archangel) without being at 5 max stacks of spell_holy_divineillumination.jpgEvangelism to use as a healing CD.  Stack ability_priest_clarityofwill.jpgClarity of Will and spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgPower Word: Shield on the tanks. spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending is free here otherwise, during the encounter there are better uses for your GCDs and Mana.  Make sure ability_vehicle_demolisherflamecatapult.Iron Bomb is added to your UI Debuff list.

Discipline:   CoW will be your go to tank heal for this encounter whenspell_holy_ashestoashes.jpgWeakened Soul is on your tanks. Unless you are using a specific positioning strategy, try and stay greater than 7yds away from anyone to prevent splash damage from ability_warrior_bladestorm.jpgBlade Dance. It's damage is completely manageable but Mana should be better spent on shielding rather than recovery and one less person to take damage is not a bad thing.  Have the raid leader put the members selected for inv_misc_steelweaponchain.jpgChain Hurl in the same group.  When the ability is channeled you will have enough time to place a PWS on each of the 5 players going up into the stands. Weave in ability_priest_flashoflight.jpgPower Word: Solace/spell_holy_searinglight.jpgHoly Fire for Evangelism stacks. Proc EAA PoH anytime you need a big heal on a tank with Weakened Soul and Penance is on CD. Other common uses for your EAA proc are 1) PoH a stacked DPS group that is taking steady ability_warrior_bladestorm.jpgBlade Dance damage and 2) PoH the group designated for inv_misc_steelweaponchain.jpgChain Hurl.  PWS can be maximized on targets with the 10sec ability_vehicle_demolisherflamecatapult.Iron Bomb debuff if you catch it early.  Again, all downtime outside of PWS for Tanks and Iron Bomb, and Evanangelism Weave, should be used to CoW on your tanks.  Towards the end of the fight there will more than likely be times where CoW will be few and far between because of all the Iron Bomb debuffs out.

If you choose to have L100 WoM as your talent over CoW you will just be using more pre-shielding with PWS.  Keep it a priority on your Tanks, Stand Group, and Iron Bomb targets.  The free bouncing WoMPoM are just a bonus and if you wish to bump up its effectiveness some you can add the PoM Glyph.

There are other Priest approaches to this encounter based on Healing Comp, Raid DPS, and Strategy to name a few.  When there is something that works better for your team please share it.  Conversely, if there is something mentioned here that does not work with your make up please share it so people do not unnecessarily bang their heads against a wall.

The Butcher (Normal/Heroic):

Pre-Pull:  For each encounter in Normal and Heroic, it is completely acceptable to proc EAA (ability_priest_archangel.jpgEmpowered Archangel) without being at 5 max stacks of spell_holy_divineillumination.jpgEvangelism to use as a healing CD. spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgPower Word: Shield on the tanks. spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending is free here otherwise, during the encounter there are better uses for your GCDs and Mana.

Discipline:   spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgPower Word: Shield reigns supreme here.  Have your raid leader put the assigned ability_butcher_cleave.jpgCleave soakers in the same groups as much as possible.  Have them put the ability_butcher_whirl.jpgBounding Cleave in the same group as well.  PWS the members of the first ability_butcher_cleave.jpgCleave group then build spell_holy_divineillumination.jpgEvangelism.  The number of people you PWS out of each group will be based on your Mana regen and the speed at which your raid can kill the boss. Tanks will need constant healing so your initial PWS can be on a tank and spell_holy_penance.jpgPenance on CD.  You can start at 3 PWS each group (+/- the tank) and go up from there as your Mana allows. When the first group takes their last stack of ability_butcher_cleave.jpgCleave hit them with your EAA PoH then drop spell_holy_powerwordbarrier.jpgPower Word: Barrier on the second ability_butcher_cleave.jpgCleave group.  This will let you be able to drop Barrier twice during the encounter.  If your DPS is really strong then you can use it on the first group to still get two uses out of it or just hold it until the last 30% Frenzy phase.  Place the appropriate amount of PWS for your regen out to group two and rebuild Evangelism for ability_butcher_whirl.jpgBounding Cleave when The Butcher reaches 100 Energy.  When ability_butcher_whirl.jpgBounding Cleave goes out hit the target group with your EAA PoH. This cycle is the entirety of the fight for Discipline.  Rinse and repeat these steps, increasing your PWS usage as your regen allows and using EAA to line up, once w/ a ability_butcher_cleave.jpgCleave hit and again for ability_butcher_whirl.jpgBounding Cleave.  If your raid is using someones raid CD for ability_butcher_whirl.jpgBounding Cleave group, save EAA PoH for ability_butcher_cleave.jpgCleave groups exclusively. Also worth mentioning most logged kills from Priests are using L90 ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade for this encounter as of Dec 5, 2014.

There are other Priest approaches to this encounter based on Healing Comp, Raid DPS, and Strategy to name a few.  When there is something that works better for your team please share it.  Conversely, if there is something mentioned here that does not work with your make up please share it so people do not unnecessarily bang their heads against a wall.

Brackenspore (Normal/Heroic):

PrePull:   With the healing comp/strat we used for Tectus I found it was more useful to take ability_priest_wordsofmeaning.jpgWords of Mending than ability_priest_clarityofwill.jpgClarity of Will.  Brackenspore does offer considerable downtime to build CoW on tanks and it is a great value if you are encountering Tank Deaths during ability_mage_worldinflamesgreen.jpgNecrotic Breath BUT with spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending bouncing around during ability_creature_disease_01.jpgInfesting Spores, I found WoM to be a better talent after sorting out your tank deaths.  Although I didn't cast spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending directly, WoM is free and better than not utilizing a L100 at all by leaving CoW on the bench.

Discipline:   This is very healer friendly fight with the mushroom mechanics.  With Green giving you a healing AoE to stand in and Blue giving you Regen and Haste you can be more liberal with your mana management as you become more familiar with the fight.  The only times when preparation is necessary comes as you approach ability_creature_disease_01.jpgInfesting Spores.  I used two rotations depending on whether we were stacking on a Green or Blue mushroom.

Green:  To prepare for this mushroom we made sure I went into the phase w/ a 5 stack of spell_holy_divineillumination.jpgEvangelism and Proc ability_priest_archangel.jpgEmpowered Archangel just as the phase starts.  spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion for mana reduction spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgPower Word: Shield spam and after you have cover two groups AND before your EAA falls off, I hit the tank or healer group with the EAA PoH then finish the phase with PWS on the Flamethrowers and Tanks.

Blue:    The prep for this phase is the same, carrying your 5 stack into Infesting Spores.  Except I hold the EAA proc until after my PWS coverage of two groups.  As your mana fills up your PWS will get absorbed and then proc EAA into a PoH spam as your mana continues to fill up and the phase ends.

From that point on, I would use PI on CD to prep for which ever mushroom was next.  Giving PWS priority to tanks and Flamethrowers.  spell_holy_painsupression.jpgPain Suppression will be called upon as your tanks swap for ability_mage_worldinflamesgreen.jpgNecrotic Breathspell_holy_powerwordbarrier.jpgPower Word: Barrier might not be necessary but if it is, it will be during Infesting Spores to either help your team catch up on health as it begins or to alleviate the strain on Mana during a Green shroom stack.

Tectus (Normal/Heroic):

PrePull:   With the healing comp/strat we used for Tectus I found it was more useful to take ability_priest_wordsofmeaning.jpgWords of Mending than ability_priest_clarityofwill.jpgClarity of Will.  Unlike Kargath where you have plenty of downtime for CoW building, Tectus does not until the fight is trivial at the end.  Although I didn't cast spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending directly, WoM is free and better than not utilizing a L100 at all by leaving CoW on the bench.

Discipline:   The 3 major mana soaks of this encounter are ability_tectonic_upheaval.jpgTectonic Upheaval, Tanks w/ multiple Shards and ability_accretion.jpgAccretion on them, and our favorite firestanders for achievement_boss_highmaul_earthenfury.jpCrystalline Barrage and ability_earthen_pillar.jpgEarthen Pillar.  The last one I usually pay little attention to and let them die.  ability_tectonic_upheaval.jpgTectonic Upheaval will require your raid/healing lead to utilize your spell_holy_powerwordbarrier.jpgPower Word: Barrier while spell_holy_painsupression.jpgPain Suppression will most likely be used when a tank has multiple Shards on him later in the fight.  That being said, you will have most control over how to handle each Upheaval.  This encounter I recommend proccing EAA at max 5 stacks every time you are going into an Upheaval.  Hit a group with EAA PoH then Pre-PWS as many people as you can.  Even if you are targeted by achievement_boss_highmaul_earthenfury.jpCrystalline Barrage during Upheaval, throw out as many PWS as you can reach as you kite it.  I reccomend spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion max PWS coverage for the first Upheaval so it will be up again later in the fight.  If your teams cooldown rotation is struggling, hold your PI max PWS coverage for the weakest combination of cooldowns. This is based, again, on your mana regen and raid dps (quicker encounter), some will have the luxury of max coverage every upheaval while most will have to chose how many and which groups to cover based on their previous attempts and strain on their mana.  The end of the fight... I'd say the last 15%, once you break down the last shard and three small remain, mana is trivial and the fight can be healed by fewer people.  So max your mana out prior to this last phase to ensure you team can reach the pushover point.  Normally you want to end the fight with little or no mana, in this case, with the value Pre-PWS has when the entire raid will be taking extended damage, it's safe to burn down your mana leading into the last Shard split.  While I was running CoW for this fight, when we reached this phase I just spammed it until the encounter was over. While running WoM I just kept up PWS on tanks and used spell_holy_greaterheal.jpgHeal til they fell over.

If your team is using an assigned group strategy, your Disc group will be the easiest to maintain w/ 5 DAs and PWS for each time you enter that phase. If no other low health target needs a PWS and your entire assigned group has Weakened Soul, hit them with our expensive PoH.

Twin Ogron (Normal/Heroic):

Pre-Pull:  For each encounter going forward, or until changed via a patch, it is completely acceptable to proc EAA (ability_priest_archangel.jpgEmpowered Archangel) without being at 5 max stacks of spell_holy_divineillumination.jpgEvangelism to use as a healing CD.  Stack ability_priest_clarityofwill.jpgClarity of Will and spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgPower Word: Shield on the tanks. spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending is free here otherwise, during the encounter there are better uses for your GCDs and Mana. Make sure spell_fire_fire.jpgBlaze is added to your UI Debuff list.

Discipline:  As you have figured out by this point in Highmaul spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgPower Word: Shield again reigns supreme.  As of Dec 5, 2014 most of the early parsing Disc's are giving over 50% GCD usage to PWS, that's right over 50%! ICC flashbacks for you more seasoned raiders.  The abilities you have to deal with will never be a surprise so preparing for each of them is a Discipline's dream. With the erratic behavior of spell_shaman_earthquake.jpgQuake Fire, EAA PoH is not as easy to time out.  One spot that worked well for us was during the stack for ability_warrior_battleshout.jpgEnfeebling Roar, hit the group that is missing the most health, if everyone is topped off, hit the Tanks group.  The other time I started squeezing in EAA PoH was on  a Tank, in a full melee group, during Fire from spell_shaman_earthquake.jpgQuake.  Other than that people are generally spread for inv_stone_16.jpgPulverize and Fire so PWS spam will be back to the dominant game play between topping tanks off.  Stacking for ability_warrior_battleshout.jpgEnfeebling Roar also gives you a perfect time to pop spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion, as the ability approaches, for some mana reduced PWS spam.  The HPS spike will look like that of the old ability_rogue_envelopingshadows.jpgInfest!  Tracking the spell_fire_fire.jpgBlaze debuff pays off great for maximizing PWS, hitting the higher stack targets first.  Your spell_holy_powerwordbarrier.jpgPower Word: Barrier will most likely be called for during a ability_warrior_battleshout.jpgEnfeebling Roar stack assigned by your raid/healing lead.  Almost all damage in this fight is avoidable so your mana consumption will be based on the quality of your raid team.

Ko'ragh (Normal/Heroic):

Pre-Pull:   With the healing comp/strat we used for Ko'ragh, I found it was more useful to take ability_priest_wordsofmeaning.jpgWords of Mending than ability_priest_clarityofwill.jpgClarity of Will with a Pally focusing the tanks with me.  Although I didn't cast spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending directly, WoM is free and better than not utilizing a L100 at all by leaving CoW on the bench. Make sure and add inv_fabric_felcloth_ebon.jpgCaustic Energy and inv_elemental_primal_shadow.jpgExpel Magic: Shadow debuff to your UI.

Discipline:   inv_elemental_primal_fire.jpgExpel Magic: Fire is right after pull so I only hit on stack of spell_holy_divineillumination.jpgEvangelism then ability_priest_archangel.jpgEmpowered Archangel (EAA) PoH on Tank/Melee group immediately into spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgPWS coverage for the debuff and ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade before ability_priest_archangel.jpgArchangel falls off. Rebuild Evangelism while keeping PWS up on Tanks in preparation for spell_frost_frozenorb.jpgExpel Magic: Frost.  PWS healers after tanks as filler until max 5 stacks then EAA PoH for Healers/Range group to give you a buffer when the Frost Orb appears.  PWS the slower moving raid members as they will be taking more damage until they range the Orb.  inv_fabric_felcloth_ebon.jpgCaustic Energy target comes in focus when Ko'ragh transitions, so keep a PWS on them and a spell_holy_penance.jpgPenance if needed over the tanks, to allow them to build a large spell_fire_felfireward.jpgNullification Barrierspell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion into reduced Mana PWS coverage for the next Fire debuff (if your group falls behind in heals or you have slow reacting DPS, you can push up the PI>PWS for the first Frost.  I don't use it here b/c we Roar out of the Orb and it caused a lot of PWS overheal).  Cascade as the inv_elemental_primal_shadow.jpgExpel Magic: Shadow buff goes out, if you are coordinating raid CDs for this then Cascade can be used on CD for any of the other Magic debuffs.  Continue to EAA PoH Tank/Melee when they are grouped, otherwise PWS Tank>Caustic and EAA PoH Healer/Range.  PWS again is your filler and with the raid wide AoE there is a lot of it to go around don't tunnel the spam and leave your other healers to pick up your slack as the encounter comes to a close.  Not being able to clear the Shadow debuff while getting your raid split due to other mechanics can be a death sentence.  PWS is filler to the point where you can still have enough mana to help stabilize to a poor mechanic handling and/or keeping the Tanks and Caustic Energy target up.

Imperator Mar'gok (Normal/Heroic):

Pre-Pull:   With the healing comp/strat we used for Mar'gok, I found it was more useful to take ability_priest_wordsofmeaning.jpgWords of Mending than ability_priest_clarityofwill.jpgClarity of Will with a Pally focusing the tanks with me.  If you are fulltime tank healing and will utilize CoW to increase tank survivability and single target boss ability damage reduction, then it is still viable.  Although I didn't cast spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending directly, WoM is free and better than not utilizing a L100 at all by leaving CoW on the bench.  Make sure and add the ability_socererking_arcanewrath.jpgArcane Wrath, spell_nature_slow.jpgSlow, and ability_fixated_state_red.jpgFixate debuff to your UI.

Discipline:   As mentioned below, the guilds Brewmonksta and I are in both used the same strategy for this boss.  Leaving 1 Gorian Warmage up after last transition and using CDs to AoE the Volatile Anomaly down after both Warmages in prior transitions.  For that reason, we both held Raid CDs to overlap during the spell_mage_nethertempest.jpgDestabilize as each Anomaly dies.  spell_holy_painsupression.jpgPain Suppression was held for tanks and not for DPS that were in danger of dying from Arcane Wrath stacks.  Slow should be removed from your Healers as a priority.  My guild assigns a Pally to watch the tanks to accompany my spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgPWS and spell_holy_penance.jpgPenance.  Doing so I selected the ability_priest_wordsofmeaning.jpgWords of Mending talent instead of ability_priest_clarityofwill.jpgClarity of Will for this encounter.  ability_priest_atonement.jpgAtonement the boss on pull to build stacks and put PWS on the 2nd, 3rd, and any higher stacks of Arcane Wrath.  When the first ability_socererking_arcanemines.jpgDestructive Resonance: Displacement (Mines) goes out, spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion into mana reduced PWS coverage for two groups.  When you finish the second group Proc ability_priest_archangel.jpgEmpowered Archangel(EAA) PoH melee then ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade a tank then continue with PWS coverage.  (If your DPS is strong and you push this first phase after one or two mines, Proc EAA prior to your first PWS coverage then PoH and Cascade the melee before you lose the buff).  Prioritize Tanks for PWS then Melee as you see ability_socererking_forcenova.jpgForce Nova within the 15sec window.  Continue to Proc 5 stack EAA PoH on Tank/Melee group as a priority unless another group has dropped low and Force Nova is outside of the 15sec window.  Cascade can be used almost on CD with the way it lines up with raid wide damage (If everyone is topped off, give it 10seconds).

Transitions:   PWS the ability_fixated_state_red.jpgFixate targets as they move out of the group and clear up the spell_nature_slow.jpgSlow. Your PI most likely will come off CD here but hold it for PWS coverage 10sec. prior to EAA PoH during Anomaly Destabilize as the Transition ends and they are AoE down.  After your EAA PoH if a group is lower than half health, hit them w/ another PoH otherwise hit the lowest health targets w/ PWS as the last of the Destabilize goes off.  The last transition you will continue to carry the Fixate debuff as there is still an Warmage up.  Keep PWS on this player.

After each transition, continue to PWS Arcane Wrath targets at 2 or greater stacks.  If your mana is strained you can hold PWS for 4 stacks or higher.  Repeat all the phase one techniques on a continuous loop now with the increased Force Nova casts.  EAA at 5 stacks PoH Tank/Melee, PWS Tank>Melee>Cascade.  Treat the last Transition with a little more caution to your Mana pool as you will need it more during the last phase and you don't want to OOM and not be able to help the last few million HP.

Last Phase:   Penance tanks on CD, PI on CD for PWS Coverage priority Tanks>Fixate>Melee and EAA PoH on CD at any Evangelism stacks to help Tanks/Melee survive the Orbs.  You'll be spread out so hit as many raiders w/ PWS as you can afford, Cascade right before Orbs come out. 

• Like 4

Kargath Bladefist (Normal/Heoric):

Pre-Pull:   Place a spell_holy_summonlightwell.jpgLightwell down as close to 2min in advance of the pull as possible.  If you are with a well oiled group that will not need much, or any, setup; place the Lightwell/Spring down as soon as the last trash mob dies.  This will allow you to cast it again during the encounter getting the opportunity to get double or triple the charges.  Have spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending ready on the Tank pulling and pre-charge ability_priest_wordsofmeaning.jpgWords of Mending to 8 stacks to be ready to replace the initial PoM bounce w/o losing GCDs for a full PoM cast.

Holy:   There is very little damage at the beginning of the fight.  Run spell_holy_renew.jpgRenew on the Tank and spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending on CD.  You can use spell_holy_greaterheal.jpgHeal as a Tank filler until more damage from ability_warrior_bladestorm.jpgBlade Dance starts to go out. spell_holy_circleofrenewal.jpgCircle of Healing on the first Bladedance and on CD w/ healable damage going forward.  When Kargath is ready to start inv_misc_steelweaponchain.jpgChain Hurlpop spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion > spell_holy_prayerofhealing02.jpgPrayer of Healing on the Hurl group for preemptive spell_holy_aspiration.jpgEcho of Light > Renew on each member > then another PoH to refresh EoL as the channel ends.  Begin Renew blanketing between CoH and ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade CDs on anyone taking damage while keeping PoM on Tank on CD.  If you were successful at dropping spell_holy_summonlightwell.jpgLightwell about 2min early, it will be coming off CD either before or after Chain Hurl preparation.  If your healing team is weak you can pop PI early for blanket Renew as Bladedance damage starts to go out and forgo the PoH EoL stacks for the Chain Hurl team.  The same can be said if you are having Mana issues, skip the PoH EoL buffer and stick to the Renew coverage for the members going up to the stands.  spell_holy_divineprovidence.jpgHoly Word: Sanctuary is very weak at the time of this post and can be dropped wherever your heart desires.  The most common spot is where the Tank positions the boss.  Try and overlap the Tank and Melee.

The Butcher (Normal/Heroic):

Pre-Pull:   Place a spell_holy_summonlightwell.jpgLightwell down as close to 2min in advance of the pull as possible.  If you are with a well oiled group that will not need much, or any, setup; place the Lightwell/Spring down as soon as the last trash mob dies.  This will allow you to cast it again during the encounter getting the opportunity to get double or triple the charges.  Have spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending ready on the Tank pulling and pre-charge ability_priest_wordsofmeaning.jpgWords of Mending to 8 stacks to be ready to replace the initial PoM bounce w/o losing GCDs for a full PoM cast.

Holy:   On pull proc your first ability_priest_wordsofmeaning.jpgWords of Mendingspell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending (WoMPoM) on the other tank if you don't have two up on them already.  If you do, proc it on one of the melee from the first Cleave group. spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion > spell_holy_divineprovidence.jpgHoly Word: Sanctuary > spell_holy_renew.jpgRenew coverage for Tanks and ability_butcher_cleave.jpgCleave groups.  spell_holy_circleofrenewal.jpgCircle of Healing on CD from the first Cleave on melee group. PoM on CD for tanks and the same for ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade. As a preference as ability_butcher_whirl.jpgBounding Cleave approaches I hold the CoH and build the WoM stacks to proc PoM on myself prior to Bounding damage going out (if you are in said Bounding Cleave group, if not, as you were).  As Bounding is about to happen you have time to get off 2-3 Preemptive Renews to help the ability_butcher_gushingwounds.jpgGushing Wounds bleed effect.  Cleave goes off, CoH, Renew the remaining Bounding members, WoMPoM is about to proc again, Renew a Tank then a melee, CoH, WoMPoM proc the second Tank, PoM a Gushing Wound.  Sanc > Renew coverage in between CoH and Cascade CDs again, rinse repeat.  spell_holy_divinehymn.jpgDivine Hymn is best utilized sub 30% during his Frenzy. An average group kill time will allow you a second PI to overlap the last 30% phase as well.

Brackenspore (Normal/Heroic):

Holy:   On pull, run spell_holy_renew.jpgRenew on the Tanks and as raid members using inv_firearm_2h_rifle_pvppandarias1_c_01.Flamethrower get the spell_burningsoul.jpgBurning Infusion debuff. Use spell_holy_greaterheal.jpgHeal as filler until more damage starts going out.  Keep spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending up on tank and be mindful of the Living Mushroom (Green) that goes out and hit it with a Renew as the Raid/Healing Leader gets the team situated for a full spam healing shroomfest.  As the team stacks in preparation for ability_creature_disease_01.jpgInfesting Spores, spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion > spell_holy_divineprovidence.jpgHoly Word: Sanctuary > into Renew coverage then spell_holy_circleofrenewal.jpgCircle of Healing > ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade as the first damage goes out and on CD as the phase continues.  As the healers start to lose out to Infesting Spores turn your healing to make sure the Green mushroom does not die, alternating your CoH on the raid when it comes off CD.  Feel comfortable to burn a little more Mana on spell_holy_flashheal.jpgFlash Heal or spell_holy_blindingheal.jpgGlyphed Binding Heal for the Green shroom because you will be gaining back the lost Mana when the Rejuvenating Mushroom (Blue) comes out. 

Keep Renew up on the tanks and Flamethrowers as you move to the Blue location.  Using the Blue shrooms buff you can throw caution to the wind as long as it stays alive.  The raid will be topped off as the Infesting Spores begin so Renew coverage on the raid already rolling will go along way when the damage starts.  Then, like the Green, you'll start to focus the mushroom more and more while hitting CoH on the raid on CD.  spell_holy_divinehymn.jpgDivine Hymn is best used during Infesting Spores just as the raid starts to take damage through the mushrooms healing.  If you want to game the meters some, you can use it early, then again later in the fight.  Be mindful of Burning Infusion during Infesting Spores as those raid members will need some direct heals while out of range of the Mushrooms.

Tectus (Normal/Heroic):

Holy:  Feel free to stance dance to begin the fight, Tank damage is very light and your priest_icon_chakra_red.jpgChakra: Chastise DPS will help your team push Tectus prior to ability_tectonic_upheaval.jpgTectonic Upheaval getting more than 1 tic off. You can also choose to start in priest_icon_chakra.jpgChakra: Serenity then switch to priest_icon_chakra_blue.jpgChakra: Sanctuary when damage starts to go out.  Whichever opener you choose, when he reaches about 80 energy you should already be in Sanctuary. You will have a decision to make based on how much dps your group has. 1) If Tectus will not die as Upheaval begins then you can spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion after your stance change, so Chakra > PI > spell_holy_renew.jpgRenew Coverage > spell_holy_divineprovidence.jpgHoly Word: Sanctuary at 95 Energy Stackpoint > spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending > ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade > then spell_holy_circleofrenewal.jpgCircle of Healing as damage goes out. 2) He will die at Upheaval, in which case hold PI and just make sure you have Renews out on Tanks, Melee, and achievement_boss_highmaul_earthenfury.jpCrystalline Barrage targets and Sancuary at the stack point. Cascade > CoH at 100 Energy as he falls over, normally there is one tic of damage even at 1 health. Now with 2 Shards, keep PoM on CD for tanks and rolling Renews for Tanks and Melee. I suggest Melee here and during first phase to help protect from an incidental achievement_boss_highmaul_earthenfury.jpCrystalline Barrage hit. Watching both Shard energy bars allows you to better prepare for each Tectonic Upheaval. If you held PI make sure you use it at 75 Energy this time around because there will be more movement involved during the next Upheaval and the Renew Coverage will help more as you position and stack. CDs are normally handled by your Raid/Healing Lead so hold off on spell_holy_divinehymn.jpgDivine Hymn until it is called for. Sanc is weak so dropping it on CD will not do anything to increase your raids survivability more than just holding it for Upheavals. Remember to replace spell_holy_summonlightwell.jpgLightwell/Spring as it comes off CD. After the first PI use, it is generally safe to pop it on CD for the remainder of the fight as you will become more and more mobile the more Shards you have active. That being said, Renew blanketing gets stronger as the fight continues and Cascade on Upheaval to help keep everyone up.

Twin Ogron (Normal/Heroic):

Holy:  spell_shaman_earthquake.jpgQuake will go out quickly after the pull so Stance dance for priest_icon_chakra.jpgChakra: Serenity and priest_icon_chakra_red.jpgChakra: Chastise at your own risk. Make sure both tanks have spell_holy_renew.jpgRenew and are getting spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending. Next up for Renew blanketing will be your less aware ranged DPS, whom will have 3 stacks of spell_fire_fire.jpgBlaze before they realize the Quake landed on them. After Quake hits, spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion > ability_priest_cascade.jpgCascade > spell_holy_circleofrenewal.jpgCircle of Healing > and Renew all/any Blaze debuffs > Tanks. Your initial spell_holy_divineprovidence.jpgHoly Word: Sanctuary can be placed at the feet of melee to help them dance around Quake fire and it should be up again to place at the stackpoint for ability_warrior_battleshout.jpgEnfeebling Roar. Cascade will also be up again to help recover from Roar. As the raid is stacked on your Sanctuary, make sure your PoM is out (preferably on a tank) watch for the Roar cast and Cascade at mid cast. CoH immediately as Roar goes off then back to Renew blanketing in preparation for inv_stone_16.jpgPulverize. ability_warrior_shieldguard.jpgShield Charge should not be an issue but if you have a ability_warrior_bloodfrenzy.jpgInjured debuff target make sure they are getting a Renew at the minimum. If there is no Disc, give them a spell_holy_powerwordshield.jpgPower Word: Shield as well. CDs will again be more than likely called out by your Raid/Healing Lead so make sure you are holding spell_holy_divinehymn.jpgDivine Hymn for when they call for it. Depending on the health level of your raid you can CoH on CD until Pulverize. If they are not in danger of dying from splash damage then hold CoH and use it just as Pulverize goes off. Replace spell_holy_summonlightwell.jpgLightwell/Spring as it comes off CD and the rest of the encounter is just a repeat of the abilities. The stronger your DPS the more aggressive you can be with your Renew preparation. Tank damage is not a major concern during the encounter so just make sure at least one healer has range on either tank while dodging Quake Fire. Continue to Cascade as boss abilities go off and place Sanctuary for Melee during Fire or the stackpoint for Roar.

Ko'ragh (Normal/Heroic):

Holy:   Work in Progress

Imperator Mar'gok (Normal/Heroic):

Holy:   Only the Tanks will be taking damage on the pull, for that reason if you would like to stance dance make sure you are in priest_icon_chakra.jpgChakra: Serenity prior to the pull in enough time to switch back to priest_icon_chakra_blue.jpgChakra: Sanctuary when the first ability_socererking_arcanemines.jpgDestructive Resonance: Displacement (Mines) goes out to begin your spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPoM > spell_holy_powerinfusion.jpgPower Infusion > spell_holy_divineprovidence.jpgHoly Word: Sanctuary > Blanket spell_holy_renew.jpgRenewspell_holy_circleofrenewal.jpgCircle of Healing on CD during your coverage beginning with the first few ticks the DPS take.  If you are keen to meter gaming, and not on a strict CD rotation for Volatile Anomaly spell_mage_nethertempest.jpgDestabilize during the transition, use your first spell_holy_divinehymn.jpgDivine Hymn here after your second CoH.  Then back to Renew blanketing with PoM/CoH on CD only if he hasn't phase changed.  If he has started to levitate hold off on the blanketing and just keep the Renew rolling on the Tanks.  When Imperator lands begin your Renew coverage in preparation for ability_socererking_forcenova.jpgForce Nova: Displacement.  CoH again when the first damage goes out, Melee normally take more damage during Pushback so I usually look to target the lowest of them to minimize the overheal.  As the phase gets closer to transition remember to replace your spell_holy_summonlightwell.jpgLightwell/Spring when it comes off CD.  If the opportunity presents itself to ability_priest_wordsofmeaning.jpgWoMPoM an ability_socererking_arcanewrath.jpgArcane Wrath target, use it.

Transitions:  As the encounter transitions and the Gorian Warmage starts to ability_fixated_state_red.jpgFixate, hit those targets with Renew and WoMPoM if timing allows it.  Otherwise, if you are not coming up on a WoMPoM proc hit them with Renew and continue with your normal rotation of Tank Renew > Fixate Renew > PoM/CoH CD > DPS/Heal Renew.  Whether your group is dps'ing the Volatile Anomalies down in waves or all at the same time, your DH will more than likely be coming off CD at the end of the transition.  If you have a CD rotation, wait for yours to be called, if you are gaming meters then 1) pop it on CD while handling Volatile Anomalies in waves or 2) pop it when the Raid Leader calls for the AoE of them all down together.

When the transition ends, and again when the next transition begins, the lull prior to stacking for Gorian Warmages is not as long.  Be mindful of your Mana and use these phase changes to recover Mana if you are strapped. Having Mana during spell_mage_nethertempest.jpgDestabilize and the last phase of the encounter involving spell_arcane_massdispel.jpgMark of Chaos: Replication (Orbs) is more important than catching up during transitions changes.

Last Phase:   If your group carries a Warmage into the last phase the ability_fixated_state_red.jpgFixate targets will have a high priority for Renew and WoMPoM procs behind ability_socererking_arcanewrath.jpgArcane Wrath: Replication stacks at 3+.  Melee also moves up the priority in the last phase for your entire rotation.  You'll want rolling Renews and all your WoMPoMs in Melee to help recover non-fatal Orb dodging after your Tanks and Fixates are taken care of.  DH will be off CD again during the this phase.  As soon as a set of Orbs go out that allow you to stand still, channel DH.  Channeling early should not be needed to survive, and channeling after only helps recovery of those that survived.  So being proactive with your positioning as the Orbs come out for a concurrent DH is invaluable.

Good job on the explanation. Perhaps you should also add a link from your twitch on your ingame sight. :) would be awesome for others that aren´t following on twitch.

Cheers

Ya I plan on uploading all the vids from Twitch to YouTube first.  Then I'll link them in the threads.  Some of the early Twitch kills do no use the suggested methods so waiting to get an edited kill that matches.

• Like 1

True that :) but also the first videos you´ve made are good. I´ve learned a lot from your vids tbh. Will you do also a video for holy?

• Like 1

True that smile.png but also the first videos you´ve made are good. I´ve learned a lot from your vids tbh. Will you do also a video for holy?

Yes, I have 2 Holy vids recorded that need to be cut down still and uploaded.  They are on the To Do list. lol

• Like 2

May I suggest we make a consolidated thread for all bosses instead for each role? If you're going to have healing and dps stickies for 17 bosses, it'll be overwhelming.

• Like 1

I plan on putting Holy and Disc in the same Section.  I do not play Shadow so I cannot offer any insight if you meant to put all three spec in the same thread.  I'll have to get a shadow mod in here to fill that part in. Or did you mean put all Highmaul together in a singular Priest sticky?

I think Espiee was meaning 2 seperate stickies, one for shadow(which someone else would probably need to do) and one for holy/disc together for all of Highmaul. Then the same thing again when Foundry comes out.

Ok, so combine Kargath through Mar'gok together. Every time I finish a boss, just paste it into the existing Kargath one? I can do that.   If not tonight, i'll copy and paste the two that are ready tonight

I think Espiee was meaning 2 seperate stickies, one for shadow(which someone else would probably need to do) and one for holy/disc together for all of Highmaul. Then the same thing again when Foundry comes out.

Pretty much.

If we were going to make a sticky for each boss we'd end up with 34 of them, which is quite overwhelming. Alternatively one could make a sticky with links to thread on the individual bosses, but I suspect there'll be a lot of clutter to doing it that way. H2P has its own forum for these kind of threads which makes very well but I doubt that's a feasible or even suitable solution.

A tip i thought i might share here for Impregnator Margok(lol).

We had several attempts where we were hitting P3 and wiping to lack of heals/raid cooldowns as the damage just kept coming and coming and we seemed to be killing the last P4 warmage then dying when realistically the boss had the same hp remaining as what the warmage was taking to kill.

To combat this we ensured that healers cd's are used early in the fight to conserve mana and then due to the fight length they are up 3 - 4 times over the duration.

The strat for the anomalies is to have the tank pick them all up and stack them in the middle of the room and the dp MUST ignore them and focus the 2 warmages.

Once the mages are dead then the raid stacks up and we aoe down the anomalies and chain cooldowns as they die (barrier/spirit link/AMZ etc).

In the P4 transistion kill the crusher guy asap, kill one mage then ignore the last, repeat the aoe anomaly strat and burn the boss. As all the healer colldowns are back up by this stage it isnt as hard to heal through as we initially thought.

Cleared 7/7H in the 3hrs and Impregnator took 3 attempts with the new strat we tried.

Here are the logs for the kill to show the healer/dps comp we used.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gDBGfJzF6Lck1YQx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3an_MT6HV7o

Hope this helps someone smile.png

• Like 2

This is the same approach we used for Heroic Imperator.  The cooldowns overlap nicely and we used Hero/Lust on the pull then again when it comes off CD.

Brew, my "work in progress" is in the Mod forum, would you like to write up some of the remaining bosses and add them to the original post?

I went through the very top guilds on wowprogress. It seems there is a mix. Some use only holy, some use only disc, some use a mix, and those that use a mix often have people on both specs.

I personally tend to trust Paragon the most since they were the most successful guild in the game at the time it was the most popular and only went down on the abuse of a minor bug.

They use both 1 disc and 1 holy in most fights.

Edited by fateswarm

Brackenspore notes added for Disc

Sidenote: My team uses one Holy and one Disc Priest

• Like 1

Ko'ragh Disc notes added. 

All Disc Normal and Heroic notes are up.  Please continue to add your experiences, it will help others!

On Ko'ragh where are you positioning yourselves during fires? I tried going next to one of the weapons to have the fewest fires but I was also assigned to follow the whirling tank. I guess I could just ignore the tank until it's needed.

On Ko'ragh where are you positioning yourselves during fires? I tried going next to one of the weapons to have the fewest fires but I was also assigned to follow the whirling tank. I guess I could just ignore the tank until it's needed.

You meant Twins?  Each healer took a quadrant and the Pally followed the whirling when he had to go left of the main entrance and I followed him when he had to go right of the main entrance.

I personally tend to trust Paragon the most since they were the most successful guild in the game at the time it was the most popular and only went down on the abuse of a minor bug.

I'm happy with my hunch because now they are 7/7 mythic (world first). They were 1 disc 1 holy on the final kill too. Now I even more seriously consider going holy for it, though I hesitate a lot since it's not my favorite spec (though I don't necessarily hate it).

• Like 1

Added 3 Bosses of Holy Tips to the main post of this thread! Yay, free time, getting caught up.  Vids for Holy uploaded in the next few days.

Holy Link

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 1

Pulled out the Mythic versions of the Highmaul bosses in their own thread.  Updated Kargath and Twin Ogron Mythic Disc Tips.  Thread is pinned at the top of the Main Priest Forums now.

Mythic Highmaul Tips