FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kulia

Disc Stat priority?

What's the actual stat priority for disc atm?

Because I see confliction here in the forums to what IV and other guides are saying.

(I.E the mastery>crit thing and that multistrike may not be complete crap)

So I just want some clarification.

I will just speak on my experience and logs that I have gone over up to this point.

Mastery is absolutely king right now with half or more of our casts being PWS.  This is universal across all the forums I've come across outside of IV, including well respected Priests in the healing community.

Outside of that there is an increasing number of people that are moving Multistrike right behind Crit.  I haven't personally tested it but it is picking up steam. 

Taking these into account the new Stat Priority for Disc in Highmaul would be:

Mastery>Crit>=Multistrike>Haste>Versatility

I'm slow to the party and don't pay any attention to Haste and Versatility:

Mastery>Crit>Multistrike

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 1

I have been stacking crit, but now that almost 60% of my healing is from PW:S I'm leaning towards switching to Mastery instead. You guys just confirmed it for me, thanks! :D

• Like 1

I have been stacking crit, but now that almost 60% of my healing is from PW:S I'm leaning towards switching to Mastery instead. You guys just confirmed it for me, thanks! biggrin.png

Welcome and thanks for joining!  Enjoy your new Mastery filled PWS!

• Like 1

There is evidence multistrike is extremely strong on pw:s. Every percentage of it has a chance to make it 30% stronger, twice. Then again, it's less reliable, so I still use mastery.

The main reason I don't use crit, isn't that it's weak or anything, but it's extremely unreliable. This isn't SoO 6.0 anymore that you "knew" your spells will crit, this time crit is just a novelty when it happens.

Multistrike is  for most intents and purposes mathematically equal to crit.

One percent multistrike increases your healing by 0.6% for 66 rating.

One percent crit increases your healing by 1% for 110 rating.

Normalising to crit, ms is 1% increase for 110 rating, exactly like crit.

Multistrike has no magical hook for PWS, they scale exactly the same except for the 5% extra crit rating you get from Enlightenment. You would only want MS over crit if either a ) you're way overstacking crit already and the marginal increase from MS is bigger than crit or b ) the item will be a net upgrade for you in terms of other stats.

Edited by Espiee
  • Like 1

I can tell you that haste is extremely nice in pvp at the moment for disc, and also it works very well with crit. But for PvE providing you have no other disc priest then I can see the usefulness of stacking for a lot of mastery. I have been taking crit out of habit and also because most of the things I've read state that crit is the most powerful stat. I'll definitely be testing this out later

Multistrike is  for most intents and purposes mathematically equal to crit.

One percent multistrike increases your healing by 0.6% for 66 rating.

One percent crit increases your healing by 1% for 110 rating.

Normalising to crit, ms is 1% increase for 110 rating, exactly like crit.

Multistrike has no magical hook for PWS, they scale exactly the same except for the 5% extra crit rating you get from Enlightenment. You would only want MS over crit if either a ) you're way overstacking crit already and the marginal increase from MS is bigger than crit or b ) the item will be a net upgrade for you in terms of other stats.

I think I know why simcraft gave a humongous rating to multistrike when I simulated the theoretical scenario of only spamming pw:s (and nothing else). It probably goes above the limit of maximum shield size when it crits but not when it multistrikes.

Hence, multistrike may be the best stat when one only pw:shields.

Of course, this is pure theory. I still use mastery enchants myself.

As Gwenymph said above, the priority now is Mastery>Crit>Multistrike. I used to stack crit myself, but now I'll have to switch over to mastery.

I think I know why simcraft gave a humongous rating to multistrike when I simulated the theoretical scenario of only spamming pw:s (and nothing else). It probably goes above the limit of maximum shield size when it crits but not when it multistrikes.

Hence, multistrike may be the best stat when one only pw:shields.

Of course, this is pure theory. I still use mastery enchants myself.

There is no upper limit to the size of PWS since your ability to spam it is limited by Weakened Soul. The only reason you see caps on spells like DA, CoW and SS is that you would otherwise be able to stack it to ridiculous amounts.

I've already had 150k PWS shields myself and I saw some 200k shields on the beta, no doubt people have been hitting those numbers already in 670+ gear.

Does anyone actually have the code for that module?

Edited by Espiee