FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

[Brewmaster] Tier 17 Tips and Tricks

This thread is for Brewmaster Monk tips, tricks, and discussions in how to best handle the various boss fights throughout Tier 17 including Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry. Feel free to contribute or discuss encounter-specific anything you find from exceptional talent choices to ways to take advantage of class mechanics.

Highmaul
-->Kargath Bladefist
-->The Butcher
-->Tectus
-->Brackenspore
-->Ko'ragh
-->Twin Ogron
-->Imperator Mar'gok

Blackrock Foundry
-->Gruul the Subjugated
-->Oregorger
-->Blast Furnace
-->Hans'gar and Franzok
-->Flamebender Ka'graz
-->Kromog
-->Beastlord Darmac
-->Operator Thogar
-->Iron Maidens
-->Blackhand

Highmaul

Kargath Bladefist

The Butcher

Tectus

Brackenspore
Tip for breaths by Monning

Ko'ragh

Twin Ogron

Imperator Mar'gok

Blackrock Foundry

Gruul the Subjugated

Oregorger

Blast Furnace

Hans'gar and Franzok

Flamebender Ka'graz

Kromog

Beastlord Darmac

Operator Thogar

Iron Maidens

Blackhand

Brackenspore - Diffuse Magic is a life saver for the last few seconds of infesting spores. Make sure to have guard up for every breath.

Edited by Monning

Kargath Bladefist: 

• Guard for impales (specially the 2nd one). 
  • Statue on stands is awesome

The Butcher:

• The Cleaver skill doesn't apply the DoT when dodged, keep up Elusive Brew while targeted by boss.
  • Fortifying Brew for last 30% hp - Frenzy phase.

Brackenspore:

• Diffuse Magic and/or Guard for Necrotic Breath.
  • I wouldnt glyph Guard because he still melees hard during Necrotic Breath.

Tectus:

• It's all about positioning, make sure you are always aware of range position so you dont enclose them.
  • As always with every fight that has adds, abuse Touch of Death to maximize dps.
  • Statue for adds picking (specially when he divides in 4),
  • Xuen for cleaving.

Twin Ogron:

• Stay away from fire (guard if you step on it).
  • Transcendence for moving away before Whirlwind or Pulverize.
  • Xuen for cleaving bosses.

Ko’ragh:

• Save some active mitigation or cooldowns for Expel Magic: Shadow.
  • Statue inside Suppression Field for Volatile Anomolies.

Imperator Mar’gok:

• Transcendence/Tiger’s Lust for getting Mark of Chaos out of raid.
  • Statue helps with adds.

Right then, 7/10 Heroic so far.

Grull

• Solo soaking isn't worth it. Spread the AoE hit with the group.
  • Diffuse Magic was nice.
  • Yell at raid members that try to give you hugs.
  • Talents: Defuse Magic, Xuen, Serenity.

Oregorger

• So the Acid debuff is a little goofy and the tool tip in the DG is really badly written. #1 the debuff picks a "ranged target" and then fires the cone. So to be the tank that is soaking the first part of the damage and midigating it for the group you need to be the closest target BETWEEN THE BOSS AND THE RAID. This means that melee on the bosses back/other tank can be very close to the boss and it won't matter since they aren't BETWEEN the boss and the raid. Also means that the soak tank can stand back a bit and not be lost in the model of the boss.
  • Guard works to soak the damage. It works VERY well. 
  • Diffuse Magic was okay, I was impressed though. Did a few pulls with Dampen Harm and I wasn't impressed with it either.
  • You can Nimble Brew out of the stun that you get if you get run over by the boss during P2.
  • Taunt/soak switch EVERY debuff. I.E., tank A takes debuffs 1, 3, 5, 7 and tank B takes 2, 4, 6, 8. DO NOT TAKE TWO IN A ROW EVEN IF YOU HAVE MAJOR COOLDOWNS UP. JUST DON'T.
  • Talents: Xuen, Serenity.

Beast Lord

• Drop your Black Ox right outside the door of the adds spawn, helps a lot to prevent them from getting away and to pick them up.
  • Defused Magic is good for the fire damage.
  • Not to the fight really. Depending on the debuff in question you switch every 3-6. The debuffs didn't feel threatening at all so it was played very fast and loose.
  • Since there was ALWAYS multiple targets up I found Chex and RJW to both be very nice. RJW is really nice for add pick up/damage and Chex just makes  you feel good about being a monk.
  • Talents: Leg Sweep, Diffuse Magic, Rushing Jade Wind, Chi Explosion.

Flame Bender

• Meh, take Diffuse, hope the raid does their job, tank the stuff.
  • The debuff the boss gives the tank ONLY happens for about 50 seconds AFTER she casts Unquenchable Flame. Just taunt swap every time the other tanks debuff has fallen off, it's about 6-7 stacks. It isn't super deadly so not much to worry about. 
  • The dog debuff REALLY hurts. DO NOT TAKE AN EXTRA STACK. If you do be ready to use Diffuse Magic and/or Guard.
  • Talents: Diffuse Magic, Xuen, Serenity.

Has'gar & Franzok

• lol2easy.
  • Crippling Suplex is the only weird thing about the fight. Just so you know - ONE tank is picked up but BOTH tanks take the damage. So BOTH need to pop a CD for it (NOT an HP increasing CD). Guard is awesome. Dampen Harm isn't bad either.
  • Um...that's it. Dodge Firey Poptarts, dodge the boom boom, easy peasy lemon squezy.
  • Talents: Dampen Harm, Xuen, Serenity.

Operator Thogar

• Keep your Black Ox down at all times. Soon as it dies, drop another. It will help a LOT with the endless adds.
  • Weak Aura showing Black Ox cooldown and current HP 

dmfsEaGiffDjfO6tqvL0OueNsbTkLu1Ric1SqjDlvSluIFbvvmmIQJPkTmIYZiettr6AkjBJs4BqvzCqvCoLuwhQuv9oLuPmpLuP6EeQ2huvPmquPk5Gesluk5HOsLjse1fjc2iuL(iQugjHItsjALq5LkPIzQOWnjuANOIFsKgQcyPeH8uitLGRQazROsvQVQO0zrLQYArLQWCHQQ2lYFHkdgCysTykjpgvnzk1LLSzvXNvOrJsDAvA1kPsEnQKzRu3wk2nf)wvnCL44qvLy5s1Zjz6uDDuSDkP(orKXlL68kQwVcuEpuvP6(Osv0(ftVKaH0Ka5esrizSiNL1yznc1qiBcztceQT0Nhv5eEXJiIGh8jZcztxdpYMkdFtPNZ0veQxJ3Vry(srOX(NzHqv7fTXUSjRiKQ2pd8VgNqTKkiivSZqc4vGqxBc1AR55kG02bqU2zkcPTTV(9B0BCE)oowDfjqoHmmnc974y1veNxcT)ABsGqmQch)wRueY7mfH6A(IeiudZ2VKa5KtixVlJtceQHz7xsGCYju)VlsGqnmB)scKtoH43ALIeiK6Ag3fHeRuoRd5KtO5sFEuLt49mD1klebpVYFXNitFxBLC65mDk5eINeioVKaHAl95rvoX5SsMCc5974y1jbc5ZxkcXZO8FdH4zu(VbNpFPiuzDzCcXZO8Fdo2x7Iq(TPSjeJPSUmoH8BtztOY6Y4eI7(nwP9aZ4psOY6Y4kcXDsfBlrfWndPCdNe4Elboc4geh8A5meKGejbjtiEgL)Bi05CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNGDobeZ12Umb0mDDaNT2d4DnpxQa26g9yfW1CvMawnpGZUcGCTZub7CcikJZ(35(dGyRn26EzcW9kqaUhmB8RRRRzYGqddeSZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoNZ5CoblypmgE)(ntkRlJZAawyHLHblqGabcwGabcS)86DGLTEE1TuYbepWGmxNBdYsjpzMlB98QpZHblqGab2FE9oqzTXzfhRQptNVyfhR4yfhRUUpwoRUr3uSIJvCSQwQ92sBwvl1EZr3uSIJvBDJESciEavTlEFImwzHfwggSabceiybceiW9jG57bMvuCT2AEUK2oqaNDzceSabceiqGabMvuCT2AEUK2oqaXdGFpqWceiqGabceiqGab42GSuYbepGCwdwGabceiqGabceia7LaIhqoRbceSabceiqGabceiqGgDBXmqaXd8YAWceiqGabceiqGabyVmq15lJhq8aYznybceiqGabceiqGaBTYfZ1diEa5SgSabceiqGab4EgiqWceiqGYyhSabceiybceiW5eWYNakMMMV5AgdOdOCTZuSWclblqGabUpbkRnEaXfpWmrdiHzmdCObjwXkLZmdOn2bcO(mD(sCXx265v3sjhqBSdOwQ92sBXf)9DLiVRc4SltWceiqGabceywrX1AR55sABw42GSuYbepGR7JLhSabceiqGabMvuCT2AEUK2MLgDBXmqaXdmiZ1ftP3oBXQBpzMlB98QpZHbcS(aYzzvWceiqGabceywrX1AR55sABwyVeq8aZkkUwBnpxsBZsJUTygiybceiqGabcmRO4AT18CjTnlSxgO68LXdiEGx5YdwGabcug7abceiybceiqWceiqGZjGLpbC2vaLRDMkW6Ir5b8)NRa26g9yXclSeSabce4(eq59RzKLNRXEszTXzDM4KSOIvuUjHzomG2yhW19XYfx8zffxRTMNlPTzHBdYsjhWzxMGfiqGabceiW9jqzTXdiU4bMjAwl5WnCswuXkk3KWmd4SltaBDJESciEa1sT3wAhOm2blqGabceiqGGfiqGabceiWSIIR1wZZL02SWEjG4bMvuCT2AEUK2Mf2lbobcyRB0JvWceiqGabceywrX1AR55sABw2ALlMRhq8aCRCHBtnzyWceiqGabceywrX1AR55sABwyVmq15lJhq8a(3W0yv1NmzMdolYFM5qU)NFVr7tELlF9tMvuCT2AEUK2Mf2lbWpbMvuCT2AEUK2MLgDBXmWWHddeSabceiqGabcwGabcug7abceiybceiqWceiqGE5mDtGh9wvblqGabcwzSdwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcwWiep7INlcvwxgNCcXUUJSDcVRSq2AISMi4dFYTyQitxjJEoRKtO9xBtceIrv4mL1vNSIqUExgNeiudZ2VKa5Kti1sXtcesDnJ7I48soHyufo(TwPOweQR5lsGqnmB)scKtoHyufo1sXtTie)wRuKaHuxZ4UiKyLYzDiNq9)Uibc1WS9ljqo5KtOEnE)gH5lfHU8FdHU2eQL02essxBNnH3vwiBTvtFN(k)D6uzRSGEoRKtO5sFEuLt4Df(ezLClELnv(03PYKJh65mDfHmmnc974y1veNxcPTTV(9B0BCE)oowDfjqoHSVQLTEUL8FdHS04v)rZx4VL8FJc)18SVL1vtzCCk2A7VKw0gCSV21NXX9siLR55snW)ACcjiDajYsUjgbYjoYibc1w6ZJQCcVh8iYAVtXNi451I1KHhzRKrpNPtj0CPppQYj8oDnlELlhFYK)U2urwnve65mDfH8(DCS6KaHyufo)7vdhDtrwrigvHZ)E1imFPOweINr5)gCSV2fH8BtztiF(sriEgL)BieJPSUmoH0m(Nq(3RgH5lfX5LqL1LXjKW3Rgc5FVA4OBkc1AR55kG02bqU2zkcXZO8FdHEym8(9BMmmybceiW9jWeUvUW3Rglnp)jVdhgWzxMGfiqGabceiqVCMUjG3zQGfiqGaLXoybceiqVCMUjWJERQGvgBcXZO8FdoF(sriLRDgfH4zx8CrOY6Y4eQSUmUIqdmdr5(KGeHtqQGeelUbnGKfvqceIrv4ymxNAroH2FTnjqigvHZuwxDYkc56DzCsGqnmB)scKtoH43ALIeiK6Ag3fHeRuoRd5eIrv443ALIArOUMVibc1WS9ljqo5eIrv4ulfp1IqQLINeiK6Ag3fX5LCc1)7IeiudZ2VKa5KtoH6149BeMVue6Y)ne6AtOwsBh4equE)ADriTT91VFJEJZ73XXQRibYjeJX73XXQtceINr5)gc9Wy4973mzyWceiqG7tGjMVhGBLl89QXsZZFY7WHbC2LjybceiqGabc0lNPBc4DMkybceiqzSdwGabc0lNPBc8O3QkybceiqWkJDWcwWiK)9Qry(srCEjNqgMgH(DCS6kIZlHSVQLTEUL8FdHS04v)rZx4VL8FJc)B(gUWPT6UV(CCkMMMV53w5ANPiKY18CPg4FnoHeKoa5ehribcX)3)ojqCKrCKtCeHW7krSapRTg(KjxgEKzHC5V0ZzLfKtigJ3VJJvNeiepJY)ne6HXW73VzYWGfiqGa3NaMVhywrX1AR55sA7ao7YeOxot3e4rVvvGYyhSabcey)517aBTYfZ1diEGzffxRTMNlPTzzRvUyUEGFpG8abceiybceiW9ja3kx42utgg4eyRvUyUEa8BbejGZUmblqGabceiqGE5mDtaVZublqGabkJDWceiqGE5mDtGh9wvblqGabcwzSdwWcg5eQxJ3Vry(sriVA7m9IqZL(8OkNW701S4vUmzYezQiYwtoEWd9CMUIqE12z6fHS04v)rZx4VO22snk8F2sZLOmDTc)fBzF14Vq12z6Lc)r4xy09c3SSVEriTT91VFJEJZ73XXQRibYjK2CB0(9Bibc1OVgsGq8)9VlreNxcP3lS1cZxkcP3lS1dWSvfH4)7FxuIZlH4)7FNBeNxcP3lS14LXWtOabceOxot3e4HXW73VzYs)p2lLI1akx3DwdyxBxpmybceiqGa7pVEhqBg3vaXdmzP)h7Lsfy9bKfy9bA0oBwwUddCcmPr7Szz5ga)eq2WGfiqGabc0lNPBcOCD3diXbMmzsJ2zZI6AMOnJ7AyajoW7q8JSHbwFa7A76HblqGabkJDWceGqmQcNEVWwtTiKpFPiepJY)nesXR31CIZlHw6LQCcP3lS1dWSvfH07f2AIJCcX)3)UW8LIqlmBvXD)9VtO5eh5eQnXroHSz6A)(nesgH4)7FVfX5Lq8)9VJxgdpH6LZ0nbEym8(9BMS0)J9sPynq)L1aJVSgWQxwdOFznqxgRbgLXAaRKXAaTSHblqG9NxVdOnJ7kG4bMS0)J9sPcS(aYcS(anANnll3HbobM0OD2SSCdGFciByWcey)517aMssd0)J9sPciEGjtA0oBwuxZeTzCxddiXbEhIFKnCDlybc0lNPBc0FdiXbMykjnq)p2lLkW6dmPllWjq)D4qwdwGabceiqGX3asCGjMssd0)J9sPcS(atgLf4ey8D4qwdwGabceiqaREdiXbMykjnq)p2lLkW6dmXkzbobS6D4qwdwGabceiqa9BajoWetjPb6)XEPubwFGjAzbob0VdhgSYyhmc1)U2lIJCcP417QnX5LqmQch)F)7KvKtoH8(DCS6KaH85lfH4zu(VHq8mk)3GZNVues5ANrriEgL)BWX(AxeYVnLnH4zu(VHqpmgE)(ntggSabce4(eW89aZkkUwBnpxsBhWzxMa9Yz6Map6TQcug7GfiqGa7pVEhyRvUyUEaXdmRO4AT18CjTnlBTYfZ1d87bKhSabce4(eGBLlCBQjddCcS1kxmxpW6U4bejGZUmblqGabceiqGE5mDtaVZublqGabkJDWceiqGE5mDtGh9wvblqGabcwzSdwWcwWcwWcwWcwWcgH4zx8CriMfBTxKtijDTD2eET4vMm54z6k5VRwjY7Qx65m1ccDTjulPTdCcizDJESMv3nxZiHmmnc974y1veNxcXUUJSDcVwiF1l(K)IV1Wd(e5fF4Zc65m1ccT)ABsGqmQcNPSU6KveY17Y4KaHAy2(LeiNCcPwkEsGqQRzCxeNxYjeJQWXV1kf1IqDnFrceQHz7xsGCYjeJQWPwkEQfH43ALIeiK6Ag3fHeRuoRd5eQ)3fjqOgMTFjbYjNCc1w6ZJQCcVh8iYAVtTqelETqe8iFnrKtpNPtjN4mLeiKxTD8U1JkcjDqcZWsosGqTL(8OkN4CMIp8rO5sFEuLtCELjcHS63TRo393)ojqCEjoYjoYioYjoIqCKtoHE(ghVB9OIqshKWmSKJeiKv6o393)ojqCEj8oDLSxzwihpYLjc(wdFRjJEoRwJ4iJ48soH2FTnjqigvHZuwxDYkc56DzCsGqnmB)scKtoHulfpjqi11mUlIZl5eIrv443ALIArOUMVibc1WS9ljqo5eIrv4ulfp1Iq8BTsrcesDnJ7IqIvkN1HCc1)7IeiudZ2VKa5KtoH6149BeMVuesZ01wP7es5AEUuKveYR2otViuR9DWgmD3oGePV2bAP7eY(Qw265cvBFg1JtObFzWjK3VJJvNeieJQW5FVAeMVuulcXZO8Fdo2x7Iq(TPSjKpFPiepJY)neIXuwxgNq(TPSjuzDzCcXD)gR0EGz8hjK)9Qry(srCEjepJY)nsMPR973qOhgdVF)MjddwGabcCFcmX89aZkkUwBnpxsBpmGZUmb6LZ0nbKZQCwF0BvfiqzSdwGabcS)86Da2bepWSIIR1wZZL02SWEzGQZxgpWVhqEGabceSabceOxot3eGnRbELlN1aENPceiqGGvg7GfSGfSGfSGfSGrOY6Y4kcnWmeL7tcseobPcsqS4g0aswubjqiEgL)BW5ZxkcPCTZOiep7INlcXSyR9Iq8mk)3qOhgdVF)MjddwGabcCFcmHBLl89QXsZZFY7WHbC2LjybceiqGabc0lNPBc4DMkybceiqzSdwGabc0lNPBc8O3QkyLXMqmQchJ56ulYjKxTDYkcXUUJSDIJSveYQF3U6T08Cz3)leQ1(oydMUBhqYx9(pgOLMNRX(NXytigJ3VJJvNeiepJY)ne6HXW73VzYWGfiqGa3NatmFpa3kx47vJLMN)K3Hdd4SltWceiqGabceOxot3eW7mvWceiqGYyhSabceOxot3e4rVvvWceiqGGvgBYjKv)UD1PweYQF3U6O7GvehzeYW0i0VJJvxrCEjK9vTS1ZfQ2UeDhz7eAWxgCcD5)gYkcPTTV(9B0BCE)oowDfjqoHK012ztCS4LqE12r3bRio4HqxBc1sA7aNaIP0BNn5eNvKaHSVQLTEUq12j0GVqigJ3VJJvNeiKAP2Bo6MI48(UsK3vKtO5sFEuLt4D1kzIS2u8SYIvtfrUmleHEotxrORnHAjTDGtaUtYesBBF973O348(DCS6ksGCcTUyu(9zoHKil5MyeiK2CB0(9BibcPCD3jbc5ZxkcT0lv5eAPxQYj0J2UiNqn6RHeiKpFPi0sVuLtoHEUMRInjqiF(srOLEPkNql9svoHu7RDz139Fd5KtiVFhhRojqigvHZ)E1imFPOweYNVues5ANrrigvHtX(ljPgQfHul1EZr3ueN33vI8UIqL1LXje39)B7VKmbgO)h7LsfycAP27HeY)E1imFPioVeIrv4ul1EZr3uulcXOkCmMRtTiKI9xssnesX(ljPgU7)32FjzieJPSUmoH0m(Nq8mk)3GJ91UiKFBkBYjuBPppQYjoNPRwrijDTD2eExjt(0x8j7D6033v47vg9CMUgHw6)XEPud0l(R6(neh5eYW0i0VJJvxrCEje76oY2j8AbEKVAQi4BQm5wyHf4bpYPNZ01iuVgVFJW8LIqE12j0(RTjbcXOkCMY6QtwrixVlJtceQHz7xsGCYje)wRuKaHuxZ4UiKyLYzDiNqmQch)wRuulc118fjqOgMTFjbYjNqmQcNAP4PwesTu8KaHuxZ4UioVKtO(FxKaHAy2(LeiNCYjNCcznX5DQm5Ktea

• My guild found DBM to be highly buggy and basically trash for this fight. Most of them switched over to BigWigs after 2 or 3 pulls because of how bad DBM was, BW on the other hand worked perfectly and had awesome information.
  • We found this after we killed it but use this: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/thogar-assist
  • RJW and Chi Exp was awesome.
  • Dampen and Diffuse was kind of junk. HE might not be to bad.
  • Talents: RJW, Chex

Kromog

• Monks are OP as hellllllllll on this. I solo tanked the last 40 seconds of the boss.
  • Dampen Harm is AWESOME (for once)
  • Stand at MAX Melee range, the difference of a few yards is a LOT for the Slam.
  • Used my first DH on the first Slam, used DH for every Slam after that I could. DH soaks some other nasty stuff but the main thing I wanted to soak with it was Slam.
  • Taunt was about 2-3 stacks depending on stuff. Note that it slows your movement speed by a lot so be ready when it comes time to stand in a Rune.
  • ToD (unglyphed) can be used EVERY Rune phase. I was using this to break out the OT since the ranged DPS was burning my Rune so I could turn and 1 shot the OTs.
  • Zen Med one of the Slams
  • Guard EVERY Slam. I sat on a charge of it at all times so I could do so.
  • Don't worry to much about the rings that come out, they are dodageable but it can be hard with the movement debuff and annoying since both tanks need to hold hands. The rings don't do a ton of damage so unless it was really easy to move for I just soaked it.
  • Draenic Armor Potion one of the Slams, pref at a time when you have Serenity up also so you can do wicky deeps.
  • Talents: Dampen Harm, Xuen, Serenity.

Hope it helps.

Just a couple of things that I noticed, i won't mention the stuff that Locky already wrote in his super-helpful post.

Oregorger

• Dampen Harm mitigates 3 Acid Spits in a row. Best talent of the three.

​Beastlord Darmac

• Leg Sweep stun is always useful when adds are up, but to maximize efficiency you should stun when Savage Howl happens. Also note that when Ragewing is up the stun can help make sure the adds die in the right place.

Flame Bender Ka'graz

• Keep your statue up and use it to pick up the wolves when they spawn or switch. A newly Overheated wolf will usually have aggro on it, so it's easy to pick him up.

Hans'gar and Franzok​

• Don't know if it's worth mentioning, but in this fight I found Celerity to be better than Tiger's Lust.

Kromog

• You can use your statue to give him a melee target, so that he won't start breathing right away if, for some reason, the tanks aren't in melee range when required.
Edited by Chie

Kromog

• You can use your statue to give him a melee target, so that he won't start breathing right away if, for some reason, the tanks aren't in melee range when required.

Oooo, I should have thought of that. Used the same trick in Skyreach to soak debuff stacks.

But with ToD you should NEVER run in to a problem of not being out in time.

Blast Furnace HC

- run with rushing jade wind, diffuse magic and either serenity or chi explosion.

- use dave (the black ox statue) as much as possible to pick up new adds asap.

- Touch of death on cd, ideally you have one for every 2nd primalist in the 2nd phase

- Last phase: you'll actually find yourself taking an enormous amount of damage while not tanking the boss, so be ready to use diffuse/zen med as well as call out for externals to get through that.

Iron maidens HC

- Xuen/healing elixirs/chi explosion

- plays a bit like twin ogron, just 4chi explosion away in peace, dodge the various mechanics, nothing really particularly threatening on this fight. The only sketchy thing that can happen to you is fucking up the mine dance and getting pummeled by the boss meanwhile. So in essence don't fuck up the dance.

- Touch of death big guy if you're on dreadnaught duty, otherwise keep it for boss.

• Like 1

Iron maidens HC

- Xuen/healing elixirs/chi explosion

- plays a bit like twin ogron, just 4chi explosion away in peace, dodge the various mechanics, nothing really particularly threatening on this fight. The only sketchy thing that can happen to you is fucking up the mine dance and getting pummeled by the boss meanwhile. So in essence don't fuck up the dance.

- Touch of death big guy if you're on dreadnaught duty, otherwise keep it for boss.

Also if you're a small model Monk (BE, Gnome?, Undead, Etc.) you might want to use a Smite buff or Gamon or such like as much as possible. The blood squiggle can be a pain to soak when you're a skinny ass blood elf.

Also if you're a small model Monk (BE, Gnome?, Undead, Etc.) you might want to use a Smite buff or Gamon or such like as much as possible. The blood squiggle can be a pain to soak when you're a skinny ass blood elf.

Why would you even be anything but panda monk!? But yeah, that's a good tip for those who DO play smaller races.

Also, I haven't tanked Foundry much, but what I can add to these amazing tips above:

On Flamebender, guard when picking up the dog as it can hurt quite a bit 

Also, make sure to work out with your other tank where your gonna stand if you have boss or dog as I've run into some issues where that wasn't clear and I've had to take stacks from both dogs(Surviving due to amazing healers and lots of guarding)

Because of the heavier magic damage, maybe pick up Soul Dance if you struggle mitigating the magic damage with your other CDs. Also, if your DPS gets too DPS-happy on one dog, be prepared with a ToD to quickly roll over and finish off the other dog so they don't rekindle.

on Gruul you may want to use Transcendence to get to the group who's taking Inferno slice faster. otherwise just make sure you have a CD for higher stacks of Overwhelming blows. And a finger over your purifying brew button :p Also, if you HAVE to solo soak the inferno slice for whatever reason I believe you may be able to Zen Med it.(haven't tested it but if anyone has can they confirm whether that's possible or if he will melee hit you and break zen med)

Why would you even be anything but panda monk!? But yeah, that's a good tip for those who DO play smaller races.

Arcane Torrent. 'Nuff said. AoE interrupt + a free chi taste like winning. 

Arcane Torrent. 'Nuff said. AoE interrupt + a free chi taste like winning. 

True. But panda = double food buff + you can take more fall damage. AND pandas are absolutely adorable xD

Also, if you HAVE to solo soak the inferno slice for whatever reason I believe you may be able to Zen Med it.(haven't tested it but if anyone has can they confirm whether that's possible or if he will melee hit you and break zen med)

I've tested like 3 or 4 times and It works, and works very well.

You can solo-soak Blackhand P3 smash by using a combination of Guard + Zen Meditation + Transcendence Transfer. Be warned that If you fail, your body will not be in a rezzable location. The transcendence timing window is much more forgiving than on kromog.

Just as an added note, you should always have your transcendence clone down for smashes in p3 in case you get punted sideways.

Solo soaking p3 smashes is a bad idea.

On HC, even if you survive the smash, the dot will very likely kill you anyway. Yes, its doable, no, its not worth it.

As for Oregorger, transcendance through his roll. You can also dodge/parry it so pop Elusive Brew.

Solo soaking p3 smashes is a bad idea.

On HC, even if you survive the smash, the dot will very likely kill you anyway. Yes, its doable, no, its not worth it.

As for Oregorger, transcendance through his roll. You can also dodge/parry it so pop Elusive Brew.

You would do it in a situation where you'd be 'sacrificed" anyway except instead you live longer and also don't have to modify your spec around being able to do it since you're doing it with basic abilities.

Just found out that Blackhand regains 80 rage instantly if you solo-soak the phase 3 smash. Definitely not worth it unless the map is already full of junk. The dot also really does hurt like another poster already stated (will easily kill you through fortifying brew).