Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kadill

Frost or Unholy for Gold CM runs

4 posts in this topic

I've been looking into which class to get my first warlords gold CM weapons with. I have decided Death Knight would be the best option, with the most utility, but cannot be for sure which spec is the best. I read on the main site overviews that unholy is performing better than frost, but I also see on these forums that people play both, which leads me to believe that may not be true. And due to DW Frost having howling blast, I really want more information on which will perform the best.

TLDR:  Will Unholy or Frost give me the best dps for Challenge Modes, and thus give me the greatest chance and helping my group to gold times?

Can't speak for the dps perspective, but UH has 2 perks that you should consider:

1. UH innately moves faster, thanks to UH presence and you need to move fast in/out/around fire in lots of encounters

2. UH has better ranged potential (Timmy, gargoyle, death coil) in situations you need (or are forced) to stay away from the boss

UH seems to be doing the highest DPS right now, so I would go UH. 

On a contrary note, someone mentioned this once "Play whatever spec that you have better raid awareness with" and I took that to heart, and it does work out better.

If you are far more comfortable as Frost, you will do better for yourself and the group.  While I agree that unholy has an advantage, during time of progression whether it be challenge modes, raids, anything where anyone else is dependable on you, that is not the time to do it, even if it is the 'better' spec.

1 person likes this