Frost D/2H and Mastery/Multistrike

1 post in this topic

I'm not sure if the difference between DW and 2H is so low as reported, has anyone done some thorough testing on this lately?

I would also love to be able to switch between DW and 2H, but if the difference between Mastery and Multistrike in those 2 settings are too great, I would have to have 2 sets of gear (which would be heard to get above ilvl 630), so I would like some input on that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jalius
      Hello all,
      I've been maining a Frost DK this entire expansion. I started messing around with different builds last night running a few Mythic +'s, and I settled on a different cleave build than what I've seen everywhere else (machine gun), that focuses on Remorseless Winter. Talent build and rotation below.
      ***Please note: The below is all notes and thoughts from one night of play running 3 Mythic dungeons. There are no logs or specific number crunching at all at this point. This is simply for discussion purposes.
      The bread and butter of this proposed build is Remorseless Winter, and using the Gathering Storm level 90 talent to buff its damage and duration for as much as possible. Gathering Storm increases the damage of RW by 10% and extends its duration by 0.5 seconds for each rune spent. Therefore, the point of this is to have as much uptime of RW as possible for as much Frost cleave damage as possible.
      56: Murderous Efficiency
      ME allows simply allows for more Obliterate spamming. By getting more runes, that allows for the more spamming of runes to synergize with Gathering Storm.
      57: ???
      This one was a tough one and will probably require more number crunching. My first instinct is Horn of Winter, to simply have more cooldowns to spend more runes with. That said, Frozen Pulse may work well since the goal is to spam runes, we will have a lot of rune down-time. Finally, with the upcoming 7.1 changes, Freezing Fog might be an extra cleave buff. Hard to say.
      58: Icecap (or Avalanche ?)
      Personally I feel Icecap is the stronger option here. As long as played correctly, you should only have ~5 seconds of downtime between RW's. You will preferably want to have PoF up as much as possible. Since the name of the game is spam Obliterate, this should lower the CD by a good chunk. Some obvious testing will need to be done if the CD reduction is more beneficial than the extra Frost damage from Avalanche though. 
      60: Blinding Sleet
      Personal preference, but this is my go-to for Mythics. Winter is Coming is also viable given this build, but I've never been a fan of uncontrollable CC's. 
      75: Permafrost
      Again, personal preference. 
      90: Gathering Storm
      This is the bread and butter of this build. Each rune spent during RW increases its damage by 10% and extends its duration by 0.5 seconds. With 6 runes, that's a 3 second increase up to 11 second duration. With stacking Haste as we all, for the most part are at this point, plus the effect of Murderous Efficiency, Horn of Winter, and Empower Rune Weapon, you can easily extend the duration well past 11 seconds total. With a 20 second CD on RW, that's very little downtime. 
      NOTE: I did notice that during play, the damage increase of Gathering Storm caps at 10 stacks. The time duration though, continues to increase as long as you're spending runes. I was able to consistently ramp up and maintain 10 stacks every 1-2 pulls, plus additional duration increase. 
      100: ???
      I haven't been able to decide on this one yet. Glacial Advance seems to be the best straight DPS increase, on top of being another Rune spender. However, I've been using it for 2 months now and the fact that it will randomly get stuck and not hit anything on totally flat surfaces it's really starting to get to me. Obliteration seems like a solid DPS CD for any RW downtimes or other CD downtimes, but I'm pretty sure BoS is still worthless for the most part. 
      NOTE: I definitely want to revisit BoS though. I noticed while playing that I maxed out Runic Power a lot and had to dump of 2-3 Frost Strikes, since the build revolves around spending runes and I forget to spend down my Runic Power. With spamming rune spenders, BoS might be a viable option for some strong burst DPS, since this build consistently builds lots of Runic Power quickly.
      Unless Frozen Soul is re-worked, I think it should still be the last Gold Talent priority. 40% weapon power is not much, and the increase is based on # of enemies hit. So unless you're doing huge pulls, the trait doesn't seem to provide much of a DPS increase. Also, that DPS only happens when RW ends, and we obviously don't want RW to end quickly. 
      Basically, I feel it should still go: Sindragosa's Fury -> Hypothermia -> Frozen Soul.
      1.) Cast Howling Blast while approaching mob.
      2.) Cast Pillar of Frost.
      3.) Cast Remorseless Winter.
      4.) Roll your face on your rune spenders (Obliterate & Glacial Advance).
      5.) If you get close to capping Runic Power, hit Frost Strike.
      6.) If RW is still up and you're out of runes, pop Horn of Winter or Empower Rune Weapon.
      7.) Start again at Step 4 until mobs are dead.
      8.) Rinse and repeat.
      Again, I haven't done any number crunching or done any logs yet. The point of this is simply to spark discussion and see what you guys think. 
      Thanks all!
    • By Browed
      With the new PTR info, it seems Bad to the Bone gains a little (2 >3%), is it now viable to go to that before completing the last Gold trait via the Self Heal?
      Obviously, I may end up testing this myself, but it's a lot of resource to commit ;)
      Also, I'm not sure if this steers us more exclusively to Icy Talons seeing as the Razorice runeforge dropping off with Shattering Strikes is even less desirable due to ramp up time, unless we see return of the double Razorice runeforge setup eh ;)
      If you exclude possible additional relic combinations for BttB (Bad to the Bone)
      2% x 5 stacks = 10%,
      3% x 5 stacks = 15%
      Obviously, this is a fully scaling ability, but you knew that.
    • By Lifvana
      Hello all, with 7.1 coming soon, I am wondering what % of each stat I should be aiming for, mainly just interested in mythic+ and normal raids. My armory is . Not sure why it's saying I have 34.5% haste, it's more like 20-22% in game, with 28% crit and 25% mastery. My gear is kinda all over the place cause I play blood as well. I can give the exact percents I have once I get home in a couple hours, and  I have another 835 ring which I will post the stats of it when I get home. Sorry if the formatting is bad, first post and on my phone haha. Edit: Once I get the exact percentages of my stats, if someone could let me know the ideal enchants I should use, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! :)
    • By orazzledazzle
      Hello there. I'm looking to try and improve my dps in raids. I'm not sure where too start or how too really read logs, but I do have links too them. Any tips or help is appreciated as I'm new too raiding and wow as a whole so I'd appreciate any advice I can get. Here's a link too my logs and my armory.
      Logs - ( died on this fight)
      Armory -'jaeden/valicia/
      my user name is Valicia as you can see on the armory, but I don't know how to link to my specific character log, sorry about that.