FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
boggart

Just a question DESTROLOCK TIER7 talent?

Hi to everyone , i just signed up to this forum and this is my first post, its just a question, 

i haven played since BC and just started again a month ago, so i had to learn all about the new rotations and talents, and you might find this question a little noob.

When i hit 100 and started doing heroic dungeons, i re specced to destro and selected charred remains, since i thought the ember regen was usefull, basically my rotation is 

immolate incinerate conflagrate, then when i get the 4th ember i use dark soul and spam the 4 chaosbolts, hitting about 50K sometimes 60K each, off course i use the shadowburn and havoc aswell.

So in a period of about 2 minutes i spammed a minimum of 200K of damage from CBolts plus the damage from the fire spells.

My question is : Is that a stupid spec and rotation, because i see everyone using demonic servitude, and don't get me wrong , but i don't like most of my damage coming from my pet rather than me, the actual player.

I currently have 622 ilvl and i am experimenting with my lock. 

So please feel free to comment, every opinion will be welcomed 

Demonic Servitude with GoSup will give u the best overall DPS in HC Dungeons. If you're a premade group with pretty big trash pulls Cataclysm begins to shine. 

For trash with demonic servitude just go with your Abyssal and don't forget to put off the taunt.

But I would recommend Demonic Servitude overall

Cheers

Edit: For charred remains i feel like you need a decent amount of mastery (>50-60%) for it to shine. 

Edited by mint

Demonic Servitude with GoSup will give u the best overall DPS in HC Dungeons. If you're a premade group with pretty big trash pulls Cataclysm begins to shine. 

For trash with demonic servitude just go with your Abyssal and don't forget to put off the taunt.

But I would recommend Demonic Servitude overall

Cheers

Edit: For charred remains i feel like you need a decent amount of mastery (>50-60%) for it to shine. 

Thanks will definitely try out increasing the mastery, i am queued for a dungeon and i am about to use the doomguard for the first time, thanks a lot 

5 man dungeons have different "requirements" than raiding.  For dungeons, you'll find Demonic Servitude gives you the best single target DPS while Cataclysm and Charred Remains can give you better AoE and cleave damage.  Optimizing 5 man Heroic Dungeon DPS is hardly worthwhile.  Optimizing DPS for Challenge Modes and raiding will be of a different concern.

Essentially what mint said is the basic rule of thumb. Because your demons do not scale as well with item stats as you do, GoSup and terror guard will grant the most sustained single target dps at lower item levels. In our pulls of the butcher the other night, we had one warlock significantly out gearing the other two, running charred remains, where the less geared (and slightly less skilled) one was playing DS, and competing pull to pull.

Of course, it does absolutely suck to have a third of your damage come from a pet... It feels really awful (especially after playing most of the last raid tier without a pet at all.) If you haven't already, try out all three specs. They're all relatively close, and while aff will want to swap between charred remains and demonic servitude, demo ignores servitude altogether. Demon bolt feels great to use, and cataclysm hits like a truck, and applies your best DoT.

However, as destro, DONT BOTHER WITH CATACLYSM. You have to be making large pulls, and it applies a very weak dot. You're almost always better off with the aoe component of charred remains for the pulls that most dungeon groups can afford to do.

Edited by Astynax

5 man dungeons have different "requirements" than raiding.  For dungeons, you'll find Demonic Servitude gives you the best single target DPS while Cataclysm and Charred Remains can give you better AoE and cleave damage.  Optimizing 5 man Heroic Dungeon DPS is hardly worthwhile.  Optimizing DPS for Challenge Modes and raiding will be of a different concern.

Essentially what mint said is the basic rule of thumb. Because your demons do not scale as well with item stats as you do, GoSup and terror guard will grant the most sustained single target dps at lower item levels. In our pulls of the butcher the other night, we had one warlock significantly out gearing the other two, running charred remains, where the less geared (and slightly less skilled) one was playing DS, and competing pull to pull.

Of course, it does absolutely suck to have a third of your damage come from a pet... It feels really awful (especially after playing most of the last raid tier without a pet at all.) If you haven't already, try out all three specs. They're all relatively close, and while aff will want to swap between charred remains and demonic servitude, demo ignores servitude altogether. Demon bolt feels great to use, and cataclysm hits like a truck, and applies your best DoT.

However, as destro, DONT BOTHER WITH CATACLYSM. You have to be making large pulls, and it applies a very weak dot. You're almost always better off with the aoe component of charred remains for the pulls that most dungeon groups can afford to do.

So hopefully, as the game develops and new gear comes out, we will stop depending on a pet to keep up the DPS.

I don't know how you guys feel about the tier 17 set bonus, but the bonus for demonology looks promising, I'll leave all the bonuses here so you guys can tell me what you think.

Warlock T17 Affliction 2P Bonus: While channeling Drain Soul on a target afflicted by your Corruption, Unstable Affliction, and Agony, the chance for Nightfall to activate is increased by 5%.

Warlock T17 Affliction 4P Bonus: When Nightfall activates, the cooldown of Dark Soul is reduced by 10 sec.

Warlock T17 Demonology 2P Bonus: Hand of Gul'dan now has 1 additional maximum charge, and Corruption has a 10% chance to generate 1 charge of Hand of Gul'dan when dealing damage.

Warlock T17 Demonology 4P Bonus: Hand of Gul'dan has a 50% chance empower your inner demon, temporarily bringing your Metamorphosis form out even while you are not transformed.

Warlock T17 Destruction 2P Bonus: When Immolate deals damage it has a 4% chance to generate a full Burning Ember.

Warlock T17 Destruction 4P Bonus: When a Burning Ember is filled up, you have a chance to cause your next Chaos Bolt to multistrike 3 additional times.

Thanks guys for all your advice, i will definitely keep on trying new builds on my lock based on your advice.

Also, i am sure you guys had noticed before, but yesterday while i was doing auchindoun while using DS and GoSup the terrorguard rooted the last boss' abyssal the whole fight making it a lot easier, it sure surprised me 

Edited by boggart