Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Konom

Questions regarding Balance dps

4 posts in this topic

1) Typically my dots fall off around 20-40 energy away from the new eclipse state. This means that my uptime suffers if I wait for eclipse before reapplying. I understand that with more crit this may not be a problem, but as it is I'm just not critting enough to extend my dots with any real regularity. Should I A) reapply at least the eclipsed dot before leave an ecplise state (if not both dots) or should I Posted Image simply reapply dots every eclipse state and let dots fall for a couple globals.

2) If applying both dots simultaneously, should I apply the eclisped dot first even though the non-eclipsed dot gets to benefit from LS? Does it even make a big difference?

3) For aoe situations where I know the adds will survive long enough to last through an entire dot duration, should I only apply eclipsed dot then hurricane/astral storm? Or is applying both dots the better method?

I'm pretty new to boomkins, so any help would be appretiated.

Déjà vu?

See if this thread answers your question.

http://www.icy-veins...d-dps-rotation/

Thanks! I should have searched the forum better, so I apologize. That answered most of my questions. Although I still don't understand how the eclipsed DoT is better done first if you reapply both at once (since the eclisped DoT would benefit from LS if applied second).

Also, I have a quick question about gearing. According to the guide you want to try to hit haste soft caps if possible, but I've noticed most top boomkins are forgoing the first haste soft cap (5274 or something like that) and just going for higher crit. What I've noticed for myself is that it's fairly difficult to hit the haste softcap without making intellect concessions in gemming (and that's with 472 gear), it also results in pretty low crit. I'm wondering if higher crit and spell power simply outweighs the benefit of going for the softcap, especially since you can go far below the softcap if you decide not to get it, and this allows you to get pretty high crit rating (since haste is not very beneficial if not reaching softcap).

Refresh the eclipsed DOT to avoid clipping the previous eclipsed DOT, granted you have extended it that long :) Lets assume you open up on a target dummy, get in Lunar, double DOT and start moving towards Solar. Lets assume aswell that, every Starfire you cast is a crit, extending your Moonfire. That way when you enter Solar, you'd still have the eclipsed Moonfire running ---> apply Sunfire :P Ofcourse, atm this doesn't apply in most cases, but still, its a good practise for latter gear levels :)

I'm currently in the 474 ilevel range and I've hit the first cap (5273). In WrathCalcs my current gear setup provides more DPS than what I had earlier and, well, more haste would always mean faster eclipse cycles. I've not had the chance to test it further but I think you should try it for yourself if you can reach it and see how it goes for you :)

1 person likes this