FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Agravian

Multistrike

Hello fellow warlocks!

so the question is this : 

is multistrike applicable on every ticks of corruption?

if so (here comes the fun) is the nightfall proc possible on a "multistriked corruption tick?"

if so, isn't multistrike op for shard gen?

it's not worth to be considered as equal to mastery?

Yes, no, not at all, not in the slightest bit.

I'm fairly certain Nigthfall doesn't proc from Multistrike hits in the same way that Multistrike doesn't give extra Demonic Fury for demo.

• Like 1

I've gone through logs of a bunch of affliction fights and have yet to see Nightfall proc several times simultaneously. I don't know if there's any other way to find out if the original tick or a multistrike tick actually procced the Nightfall. I'd go with "no" until proven otherwise.

Edited by sallyboo

sometimes happened to me that i see one nightfall proc but i got 2 shards. Cant' explain why and it's happened quite rarely, i thought it was multistrike...

another question about stat weights : if Mastery = Haste why all the locks i see on armory have mastery enchants?

I would expect some sort of 50/50, instead the majority of us use Mastery Enchants...

i'm the only one using the haste ones?

sometimes happened to me that i see one nightfall proc but i got 2 shards. Cant' explain why and it's happened quite rarely, i thought it was multistrike...

another question about stat weights : if Mastery = Haste why all the locks i see on armory have mastery enchants?

I would expect some sort of 50/50, instead the majority of us use Mastery Enchants...

i'm the only one using the haste ones?

Mastery is also a good stat for all 3 Warlocks.  For those of us who aren't stuck using one spec because of our discomfort with others, choosing Mastery is a good way to bounce between specs without wasting gold and materials re-enchanting.  The stats are close enough that you won't be "wrong" to use other stats.  I looked at 10 highly skilled Warlocks that I follow and they all had Mastery/Crit enchants, were Destro/Demo, and used some Haste gems.  It's pretty cool to see that.  That means that you can pretty much pick your style and go with it.

I am seeing two soul shards regen at the same time. Multistrike seems to work!

Link dat shit.  Or just a screenshot if your logs are private.  Would be interested to see it work for Affliction with Nightfall, Demonology for DF gains from SB, SF, HoG, or Corruption, and would like to see it work with Burning Ember generations on a Multistrike crit. 

Should build a confirm/deny list.

Affliction - Corruption Soul Shard generation - Confirm/Deny

Demonology - Shadow Bolt DF generation - Confirm/Deny

Demonology - Soul Fire DF generation - Confirm/Deny

Demonology - Corruption DF generation - Confirm/Deny

Demonology - Pet attack DF generation - Confirm/Deny

Demonology - Wild Imps from Doom Multistrike Crits - Confirm/Deny

Demonology - Wild Imps DF generation - Confirm/Deny

Destruction - Incinerate Crit BE generation - Confirm/Deny

Destruction - Conflagrate Crit BE generation - Confirm Deny

Destruction - Immolate tick Crit BE generation - Confirm Deny

Did I miss anything unresolved about Multstrikes with resource generation?

Only log I have of me playing aff is brackenspore, and my shard usage is terrible. Starting to comb for DF generation now. Will edit.

Edit:

No fishy DF gen to be found on either butcher or kargath last night. Wish I could specifically search for when I procced a multistrike.

Edited by Astynax

Logs.

I can't seem to find it nor do I know how to look. I tried checking resources but it's buggy. I had two occasions where I procced double soul shard.

Yeah, your soul shard graph seems to be on a weird scale.... Mine goes between 0 and 400, each shard being 100. Yours goes... somewhere.... you also appear to have managed to weave in haunts between the "snapshot" of your secondaries. lol. 

1:43 you begin by casting two haunts @ 222 secondary resources. @ 1:44 it has you with 122(whatever that means.) So I believe each shard is 50.

@ 1:45, you cast haunt, bringing you to 72 (best I can tell.) @ 1:48 nightfall procs, and the snapshot updates, throwing you back to 122. Then, @ 1:53 you proc nightfall again (only once according to the buffs gained log). 1:56 the log updates, giving you 222. In other words, you gain two. The problem here is that you register extra corruption ticks in between 1:53 and 1:56, so I'm not sure I can say it was from the multistrike that triggered @ 1:53. Or if they procced between the two.

Trying to watch your vid, but have no idea where your shards are displayed? lol

Edit: nvm. found it.

Holy shit, were you using SB:H in the log?  And that video is definitely proccing off a single corruption. No doubt.

Edited by Astynax

Probably fucked it up by pre soulburning a shard. Yeah I was using SB:H.

possible. Hard to say 100%. But if that's the case, and you cast soulburn twice during that encounter, then you had to double shard proc to get everything off that's in the combat log, because soulburn isn't showing on the log for me.

I'm going to bed and will be launching straight into Mythic progress tomorrow after work so don't have time to test it any further.

I'll let you maths geeks figure it out but I am very interested in where this goes.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure what you guys are seeing is the result of partial haste ticks. Looking into it more, but I'm pretty sure it's not MS. It's happened 5 times in logs for me and never once correlated in the log with a timestamp for a MS.

I'm pretty sure what you guys are seeing is the result of partial haste ticks. Looking into it more, but I'm pretty sure it's not MS. It's happened 5 times in logs for me and never once correlated in the log with a timestamp for a MS.

My first thought too. Except liquid's video is of a dot mid-duration, and partial ticks apply at the end. The only difference being if it can proc off the drain soul effect. But that seems really dumb if so.

It's multistrike...I fucking seriously hate blizzard with all of my heart.

I'm not doing anything until I get confirmation if this is a bug or not...

This..has to be a bug. If all multistrikes proc'd it, we'd have literal shit tons of shards rolling out of our butts.

The best guess I have right now is a bug that causes a corruption tick that rolls a nightfall proc, and THEN multistrikes, fucks the system and causes it to generate 2 instead of 1.

This is *slightly* supported by the fact that logs show only 1x nightfall event for these random 2x events....I think..

Seems in line with something that Blizz would screw up. The little I've done with aff I've see the double shard, didnt look in to it though. 

I just did the new LFR as affliction (you can literally stand still and do nothing and the bosses die, btw) and had double nightfall procs at least four times.  No logs to show it, but it definitely happened.

This..has to be a bug. If all multistrikes proc'd it, we'd have literal shit tons of shards rolling out of our butts.

The best guess I have right now is a bug that causes a corruption tick that rolls a nightfall proc, and THEN multistrikes, fucks the system and causes it to generate 2 instead of 1.

This is *slightly* supported by the fact that logs show only 1x nightfall event for these random 2x events....I think..

Hey guys!! We broke Ghadda!! lol

I just did the new LFR as affliction (you can literally stand still and do nothing and the bosses die, btw)

Yep, welcome to WoD LFR.  Right now, the more casual players are stoked to be getting 640 gear.  When they realize that's the end of the train for playing only LFR, they'll be upset when everyone else is running around at 670-680, tier bonuses, and real trinkets.  Hopefully that's enough of an incentive to practice, get better, and get into Normal mode.  LFR will have absolutely NOTHING for anyone who's cleared 2 weeks of Normals already.  By the time it's fully accessible on January 6, anyone who has at least been trying Normals will likely not need anything from LFR.  It's a good system.