FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tigersharrk

[Arcane] Is this right for stats??!!

I think people are confused on how to play arcane in this expac.

Its simple but hard to track during fights.

Arcane Orb is the best level 100 trait to use imo. Because it interacts with your charges.

It creates a charge just for casting it, and another per hit. So if it hits 3 mobs boom 4 charges in an instant.

I do not use NT that spell is not scaled right in dmg, if you look at frost bomb and living bomb they do triple the dmg even at four charges NT only does around 4.5k around 17k after 12secs.

I find Super Nova a much better spell it has crit for me for 90k and it multi strikes.

The way I use it is I track the stacks on Encanter's Flow once it hits five (20% dmg increase at 5 stacks) I hit AP then cast both charges of SN. I have no problem with aoe on adds although arcane is naturally weak on aoe besides SN.

My rotation is basic 2 AB then AOrb if its one target if its many jus the Orb.

Hit AP wait for stacks SN, then the common rotation AB till 90% mana then costume my missile charges

then ABarrage. On dummy I do 17k just with my arc buff in dungeons I pull 20k or higher depending on party comp.

Pretty much what I've been doing, except using RoP. lvl 600 in dungeon blues doing 15k average if i dont move.  SN is a MUST, it's the "look what I can do" spell. Dont have the Orb timing mastered yet, but I'm sure will be using Crystal in raids.  Only question is:  what is the best point in rotation to use SN.  In my experience, using it early as possible is much more beneficial to DPS than waiting.  I've used it as opener (if tanks good) then proceeded to gain charges in burn phase and it is up again right before conserve, maintaining the 4 stacks as longggggg as possible using it the 2nd time with AP seems to destroy things pretty well.  I've read AB to 4 then AM the AP with SN, but seems wrong as your losing valuable SN reset time waiting 10 seconds into pull to use it

• Like 1

I would not be that confident on the fact that arcane orb is the best talent. I tried PC, and in combination with supernova, it is now pretty hard for me to go back to arcane orb.And they are not that many bosses on highmaul where your arcane orb will hit more than one person. THat might change with blackrock foundry though, i don't know which bosses are there.

On the dummy, i am at 19-20k with the arcane buff only, without using time warp. On a Kargath or Butcher fight, where i almost don't move , i can easily reach 23k (ilvl 642 on my mage)

• Like 1

Yes I agree Anna it is confusing to play Arc with this expac, so many options and the obvious uncertainty on what is best to use. I feel AO is better for learning a fight and movement then you can switch to PC when you better know where the boss is going and more confident in your rotation/ability. I guess we are still going to have to see what tweaks are coming.

Still I morn the "loss" for MI since they are not the best choice to use since they don't benefit from Mastery & Arc Charges & Arc Power :( 

Bombs for arcane are suffering from not snapshotting on our mastery like they used to.

tapif and I do very similar dps, but we are also very closely geared in ilevel.