FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Paulbhyden

> 80% Dps rotation

DId you manage to get a log yet? Based on your gear, 20K should be more than do-able, its probably some slight tweaking in your rotation needed to get you over that hump.

I would be willing to say that the number 1 things that will increase your DPS from this point forward is getting comfortable with the class, making sure you're always casting something, and gear.

Haven't gotten logs yet and I'll get the pawn add on. It seems like it has to be something small. I think I'm missing chimera right off cd because I'm trying to squeeze in another aimed shot or steady.

Think I fixed the problem guys raided last night and pulled over 20k consistently. I read where you said to spam your buttons even if not off CD and that seemed to help best lol. Now if I could just help my other guildies improve from their 15k dps. (Mage and a warlock pulled 14 and 15k on imp last night.....)

• Like 1

Think I fixed the problem guys raided last night and pulled over 20k consistently. I read where you said to spam your buttons even if not off CD and that seemed to help best lol. Now if I could just help my other guildies improve from their 15k dps. (Mage and a warlock pulled 14 and 15k on imp last night.....)

Glad to hear you're improving :)

Pssshh, I've got three guildies that do not know how to play MM and I'm not sure if they're listening when I try to tell them what they're doing wrong (which is not using CS on cd, not using AiS enough, and focus capping for way too long).  These three are doing around 10-14k when they each should be doing 17-19k dps, and it's likely hurting our progression.

Pssshh, I've got three guildies that do not know how to play MM and I'm not sure if they're listening when I try to tell them what they're doing wrong (which is not using CS on cd, not using AiS enough, and focus capping for way too long).  These three are doing around 10-14k when they each should be doing 17-19k dps, and it's likely hurting our progression.

Have you talked to your raid leader about it? It's not like you "need" X bodies in the raid, now that most difficulties are flexible. If people aren't pulling their weight there's no reason to bring them. 

I got two other hunters in my raid, but thankfully they're good, and very attentively listen to me when I share a piece of info. 

Edited by Iridar

Have you talked to your raid leader about it? It's not like you "need" X bodies in the raid, now that most difficulties are flexible. If people aren't pulling their weight there's no reason to bring them. 

I got two other hunters in my raid, but thankfully they're good, and very attentively listen to me when I share a piece of info. 

I'm running logs and I link them in guild, so it should start to improve, as I haven't had a chance to talk to them one-on-one with them yet about it.

Damn i`m  646ilvl and i can`t pull more than 16k on HC Butcher.... 

Well that's kinda pathetic. Do you have an idea what you might be doing wrong? Our current rotation is pretty straightforward, so you should be able to spot and fix mistakes on the fly. 

Open with Misdirection -> Potion of Agility + Glaives -> Crows -> Chimaera -> Rapid Fire -> Aimed Shot, and then continue casting Aimed / Steady leaving enough focus to cast Chimaera on cooldown until the boss has less than 80% HP.

Then switch to your normal rotation: cast Chimaera and Crows on cooldown, cast Glaives when you have no Thrill of the Hunt proc. There are additional advanced tricks you might do, but just doing your basic rotation you should be able to easily pull 18-19k. 

Note that our DPS increases considerably once we reach the Kill Shot phase, so if you're wiping before that happens, having lower DPS is natural.

Damn i`m  646ilvl and i can`t pull more than 16k on HC Butcher.... 

Instead of calling you "pathetic", I'm gonna go ahead and see if maybe you have a log or video of the fight where you were pulling 16K DPS.  Logs usually make the problems pretty apparently immediately.

Alternatively, you can add me on b-net (my b tag is in my sig) and we could head on over to a target dummy and you could show me your normal rotation.  Obviously a dummy != a raid boss, but it could help illuminate any problems you might be having.  This si what I have been doing with my guildies and it has been moderately successful for those that pay attention :)

Instead of calling you "pathetic", I'm gonna go ahead and see if maybe you have a log or video of the fight where you were pulling 16K DPS.  Logs usually make the problems pretty apparently immediately.

Alternatively, you can add me on b-net (my b tag is in my sig) and we could head on over to a target dummy and you could show me your normal rotation.  Obviously a dummy != a raid boss, but it could help illuminate any problems you might be having.  This si what I have been doing with my guildies and it has been moderately successful for those that pay attention smile.png

immproved  my rotation bit changed geared, just finished butch with 20k dps ! :) thx fellas!

immproved  my rotation bit changed geared, just finished butch with 20k dps ! smile.png thx fellas!

Glad to have helped, and I apologize for calling you pathetic, it was wrong of me.

You also have to remember that our DPS is heavily subjected to random. In simcraft, the difference between the unluckiest simulation and the luckiest is as high as 5k DPS. This is true for other classes as well.

So if you do bad on one pull, don't feel bad. But if you consistently score lower than what you think you should be getting, then it may be worth investigating. 

Edited by Iridar