FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mint

Blizzard is not happy with RoF Change

Warlocks

• The devs are still looking at Rain of Fire and what it has done for warlock specs. They weren't happy with Rain of Fire being used as a core part of a single target rotation. In hindsight, they would have handled the hotfix differently, especially the suddenness of it.

Source = mmo-champion.com

Any thoughts?

Would love if they change it that it only regenerates embers when hitten 3(+) targets and scaling its damage back. 

Edited by mint

I  actually wondered why they even touched RoF with WoD. I could imagine the cause was a bit cascaded by their removal of double ember on crits, which seemed like it made it into the game just because of how our new set boni work i.e. tuning around set boni. The removal made RoF further desirable on ST and this behaviour got annoying, so they cut RoF and buffed every other spell to fight the symptoms. But reversing the removal is not so easy because of CR and the 4pc set bonus getting buffed by it. The simplest solution would be

• the reversing of the removal,
  • RoF as of SoO(maybe a little less mana cost) and
  • with CR you´re not longer able to generate double ember from crits.

This would buff every other choice than CR against the 4pc, put RoF where it was(low-damage, worth only on 2+ targets) and would buff destro as a whole.

So what is the end result?  Do we use it or no? (Destruction)

Until it gets a buff, I wouldn´t mind using it at all. Only 2 exceptions I think there are, are 1) if you know where and when mobs will spawn and you "pre-"cast a RoF and 2) for AoE but only if you can make sure Immolate is on all targets, so RoF gets its full strength. I´ve read in some other thread(maybe a post from gahhda) that you need atleast 8 mobs for FnB to be self-sustainable in terms of ember generation. That´s the threshold I would set without any math for using RoF. 

Edited by Desos

So what is the end result?  Do we use it or no? (Destruction)

This what Desos said, and 3) if you have to move, and have nothing else to do.