FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlocks - Where we stand after tuning

Also, @cadrio destro wins out on Kargath because of the Tigers. Favor + shadow burn is insane

Also due in large part to the fact that cats take no DoT damage during that debuffed phase, so anyone that knows that is going to be Destro regardless.

Edited by juribe

Also, @cadrio destro wins out on Kargath because of the Tigers. Favor + shadow burn is insane

I was looking through the logs and some of these destro lock numbers are enormous. Over 45k dps and most of the damage coming from shadow burn.

I haven't seen this fight on mythic yet but starting next week. What's the general strat? Pool 3 embers for tigers so you can copy shadow burns into boss?

I was looking through the logs and some of these destro lock numbers are enormous. Over 45k dps and most of the damage coming from shadow burn.

I haven't seen this fight on mythic yet but starting next week. What's the general strat? Pool 3 embers for tigers so you can copy shadow burns into boss?

I saved embers + cds/ds for when the tiger was out, then shadowburn cleaved, each crit doing like 240k with roar of the crowd buff. 

The ST damage isn't what I'm concerned about, if I want ST I'll play Affliction, my biggest concern is the lack of AoE destro has. Especially, when you have a fight like Tectus where you need burst AoE dps. RoF needs something done to it to allow us to keep FnB up longer during non proc phases.

I know nothing about the BRF fights - but other than Tectus how many fights actually need that sort of burst DPS on a large group of mobs?  Most of the fights have a case where there are a few adds that can be cleaved (or cleaved in cojunction with the boss) - and Destruction is very strong in those situations if you use Havoc correctly.  

I agree that RoF/FnB need some love, but for Highmaul at least that doesn't seem to be nearly as damaging as you're making it out to be.  

I know nothing about the BRF fights - but other than Tectus how many fights actually need that sort of burst DPS on a large group of mobs?  Most of the fights have a case where there are a few adds that can be cleaved (or cleaved in cojunction with the boss) - and Destruction is very strong in those situations if you use Havoc correctly.  

I agree that RoF/FnB need some love, but for Highmaul at least that doesn't seem to be nearly as damaging as you're making it out to be.  

I too know nothing of BRF, it's not hurting us much now, however, we still have a few raids to go, and I imagine there will be more circumstances where we need snap AoE dps. I just think its something that needs addressed. All they need to do is revert RoF to the way it was in MoP, and maybe up the mana cost since during FnB you aren't using mana since they complained about it being used on ST

Warlocks are fine. Deal with it or reroll.

​You have a point.

It's a bit offensive, BUT whenever somebody is asking "should I roll a Warlock?" I'm like "NO,GOD,NO"

Seed of doubt, however, was planted in my heart...

...I played a Shadow Priest...

...and I liked it...

Edited by Paracel

Aaaaaaaaaaaand we are fine indeed. Welcome to world where only we know about our problems.

Bashioc confirms as a blue post. ph34r.png 
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699373865?page=6#108
And talking sims vs parses in another.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699373865?page=23#442

Deserves an additional thread>? 
We are not MMO champion, though wink.png

Edited by Paracel

What did just happen on the 6.1 PTR? I see Corr being slightly nerfed, Agony and UA slightly buffed, RoF further trashed, Demonology nerfed and Chaos Bolt buffed ~17%, am I seeing that correctly?

What did just happen on the 6.1 PTR? I see Corr being slightly nerfed, Agony and UA slightly buffed, RoF further trashed, Demonology nerfed and Chaos Bolt buffed ~17%, am I seeing that correctly?

No you are not. These are tooltip changes to match the balance changes from a while back.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/9125-psa-do-not-post-about-nerfsbuffs-they-are-tooltip-fixes/