FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
sebica

Destruction Warlock looking for improvement

Hello,

I believe I am under-performing and I want to improve and see what I am doing wrong before mythic progress. If possible looking for feedback from fellow warlocks :)

I have the bad gems and enchants because I don't really have that much gold and am waiting for normal/heroic/lfr clear today until i put the expensive ones.

Character name: Sebica

Guild: Origin-Frostmane

Raid logs: 

Normal:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/482zp1XcQfKvRZ6V#boss=-2

Heroic:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Cdv6L2fa9XpwxGWM#boss=-2

Armory link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Sebica/advanced

Only the things you need to improve: 

Cast shadowburn.

Get your immolate uptime higher.
Use pots etc.
Try to either use the second DS charge with lust/trinket/pot or for execute.

Oh ok, didn´t know/noticed that. Maybe because I played destro with a more or less full haste demo gear so mana wasn´t a big problem. 

As I understand it, the reason you don't want to use Shadowburn on a single target is that Chaos Bolt does a lot more damage (unless Shadowburn crits).  

I think the mana regen was a problem prior to the RoF nerf, since Destruction warlocks were keeping RoF up constantly.  But the reason you don't want to use Shadowburn now is mainly just because it's not as strong as CB. 

Yep - Shadowburn is pretty underwhelming.  CB is more reliable, stronger damage.

Try getting more crit gear. Your crit value is pretty underwhelming, especially since its the best stat for destruction. If you have the choice, crit/mastery > everything else. Haste is roughly equal to multi strike. Versatility is the worst stat. 

Getting more Crit on his gear won't magically make his DPS go up that much.  Using your gear more efficiently is what needs to happen here.  Crit isn't going to make Immolate gain 10% uptime. 

I think you're doing fine.  Your Chaos Bolt casts with procs look good.  Dark Soul use is fine.  You're really just 12 item levels behind Osiris.  I'd say both of you are of equal or comparable skill, so look forward to gaining those 12 item levels.  The Intellect gain alone will bump your CB average from 59k to 70k where his is.  Don't underestimate the value of gear this expansion - it's rather large.