FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Expat

Pretty far behind... How to improve? (Inc Logs)

Hey Warlocks,

I've been trialing with a new guild, and I've gone from being 1st on DPS in my old guild to almost last in this one. Which is good, nice to have a challenge again.

I am a fair few ilvls below the rest of the players though which isn't helping, and the items that I do have are terribly itemised, and not gemmed / enchanted with the most expensive stuff.

Some things I think I can improve on:

Use the new expac combat potions (have been making my way through old MoP stocks shhhh!)

Use two of them every fight (I always pre-pot but and haven't macro'd in 2nd pot to DS yet so often miss 2nd)

Using Havoc better

Other than that I feel like I am lining up DS with trinket procs pretty well, trying to not get capped on embers, will throw a CB at 3.5 to prevent being capped and keeping high uptime on immolate.

Not sure what else I can do... Is the difference really all gear and $$$ enchants + the 2nd pot? Or is there something I am missing? Any help would be appreciated!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K8HjDNY1dVqhAGTX#type=summary&boss=-2

Edit: Armory link  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/jubeithos/Expat/simple

Edited by Expat

Mmm yeah your right. The early bosses Single target fights seem alright 96%+, But then starting to fail to keep it up on the later bosses 82-90%. Definite room for improvement there. Was the first time I had done most of the bosses on heroic, and even seen Imperator Mar'gok let alone on heroic! Was paying alot of attention to executing the mechanics so should improve that easily now I've seen the fights.

Also I almost always run Supremecy, AD & Demonic Servitude, but switched to Supremecy / AD / Cataclysm for Tectus after reading it was good, then only cast 3 cataclysms in 6 mins lol!

The correct way to play Destruction on Tectus is to play Demonology ^^

Splitting into 8 motes and dropping a mega buffed Cataclysm plus GoServ is my plan. Most of your damage is going to come from those 30ish seconds haha.

Getting 8 motes at once is a padding method and not the ideal way to do it for people progressing.  It WOULD be a ton of damage, but it would also be a TON of damage coming to your tanks.

Getting 8 motes at once is a padding method and not the ideal way to do it for people progressing.  It WOULD be a ton of damage, but it would also be a TON of damage coming to your tanks.

The motes really don't have that much HP though. Bloodlust with full cooldowns and they all die in 30 seconds.

I thought it would be foolish too, but that's the Method (huehue) guilds have been using to kill it on Mythic.

You need to kill 8 in mythic because you have to kill both of the medium ones at the same time because of the damage buff they get.

Also that fight is aids on mythic and after progression last night I fucking hate it so much because of the damn walls and it totally screwing with your camera. That fight is half battle against a raid boss and half battle against your camera.