FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
JBCastello

DPS questions

Hi, alittle bit of background, I'm not a hardcore player, nor have I ever been.  But I always look to try to succeed, or excel in anything I play so trying to improve any ways I can.

So to start off. my ilvl for gladiator 643 and I one of my trinkets is

Pillar of Earth which gives
+579 Stamina
+134 Versitility
+134 Bonus Armor

Then my ilvl for fury is 642, the difference being I have a trinket that gives

+159 Strength
+159 Multistrike

and instead of an ilvl 636 shield I have an ilvl 630 weapon

I have 2 clips, both about 1 minute in length if yall wouldn't mind watching if it helps you see my rotation asnd stuff. sorry for the hard to read recount. The fury starts high, drops low, then hovers around 12k. the Gladiator i cut REAL short because I kept messing up and starts when i hit about 14k and goes up to around 14.5 and hovers there for another acouple of minutes (not in clip)

http://plays.tv/video/54892a933c53750065

http://plays.tv/video/54892c2840bec1aec0

For this next part I really don't have an idea how the difficulty changes from level to level in raids minus mechanics in some stages and damage output/health, not sure if the bosses get more resistant and what not.

So guild and I ran normal highmaul (this was before the hotfix that came out recently) I was running around 15-16k on most bosses except for the last, the last boss ranged from 13.8k-15k, which is not great.

The next morning (Tuesday after hotfixes and LFR released) I decided I was going to work on my rotations, read some guides and hope to improve, also used the time to practice on dummies.  On the Dummies out front of the garrison I can do about 14.5k in gladiator, and about 12k in fury.

A group of friends and myself decided to run LFR cuz, why not we're pretty geared, we know the fights and we can always use more gear!  So in we hop, and I wanted to try out Fury to see how it performs. So I'm in Fury for Kargath (note: I don't go up in the stands) and I pulled about 16.5k which was top 7 on the board, I was pretty impressed.  For the butcher I was going to switch to Gladiator, but they pulled as I was switching, no biggie, and did about 16k again. 

For the last fight against Brackenspore I did switch to gladiator and, I just kinda slapped the boss alot, tanks pulled the adds towards the boss.  and My DPS jumped to 21k.  I'm not sure if the jump was so significant due to the cleaving heroic strike paired with my bloodbath/dragonroar since the adds were close to the boss. but I was happy, I ran with my guilds Raid Leader, and one of our Main tanks (who is a warrior) and they were highly impressed! they both were DPS this time round and pulled about 17k.  

So that night I'm back in the raid, Normal difficulty again. I decide to stick with gladiator because of the DPS increase I had earlier in the day.  Overall I think i averaged about 16k (all bosses + some trash)  I think for most of the bosses I ranged from 15k-17k except for Mar'gok.... I was having issues with him dropping to where I was the first hovering around 13.8k-15k again... and we whiped a few times due to whatever, so I decided to give fury acouple tries to see if I could improve my DPS to try to get it done.  I ended up running fury in 2 runs and my DPS was 13.5k-15k, so about the same as gladiator.

I KNOW I need to get my crit % up, working on that now.

Now basically, I have a few questions:
1. My gladiator rotation starts with charging in poppin my bloodbath/berserker rage/ shield charge and then shieldslam/revenge/ and then devastate/heroic strike once I get my unyielding strikes up. I need to get better at keeping track of my rage, and my enraged buff.  Are there any good addons/rage bars that I can use? I've looked and haven't found many that are clean and basic, I'm not looking for anything super flashy. Just want to be able to easily keep track of all that stuff and maybe my key cooldowns a bit more centrally.

2. For Fury my rotation is similar, charge in, bloodbath/berserker rage/recklessness  Siegebreaker, bloodthirst, raging blow when proc'd, wildstrike when proc'd or when high in rage, and execute when that procs.  I also need to do a better job of maintaining my rage here so mod will help here too. I feel like if I do end up low on rage, or I'm not enraging I feel like theres not much I can do. In the last test I did on dummies I went through 5 straight bloodthirsts without getting a crit and enraging, there was nothing I could do minus like 2 raging blows to keep my rage from capping and my DPS dropped significantly.  Anything I'm missing? I feel my DPS drops too much.

Edited by JBCastello

I can't speak on the fury part, but for gladiator get rid of that pillar of earth trinket for a strength trinket. The fact that bonus armor gives attack power is key for Gladiators. But more importantly you want trinkets with both strength AND bonus armor so you can doubledip and get attack power from both. You'd gain more damage from the second trinket you talked about as Gladiator because it has more strength as well as multistrike (versatility is poop until later tiers most likely).

For managing rage/procs/cds I would personally recommend my weakauras, cause that's what I use and it's served me very well.

As far as your dps on Brackenspore, it was almost definitely due to cleaving as well as standing in blue mushrooms for the haste buff.