FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Drkdragon

Still having problem I had in MoP

I think my Chaos Bolts are not doing the damage they should. In MoP more often then not my Incinerate was my top damage spell and I know it should be Chaos Bolt. I usually attributed it to being able to move while casting it or at least that's how I made myself feel better....

Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Lewstelamon/advanced

Butcher kill last night

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2hrXbVfP8AFCdNZg#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=1

Pins of buffs for Chaos bolt casts

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2hrXbVfP8AFCdNZg#fight=7&type=casts&source=1&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%24-1%24102864635.0.0.Warlock%24102864635.0.0.Warlock%24true%24102864635.0.0.Warlock%24true%24162919%5E0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-gained%24-1%24102864635.0.0.Warlock%24102864635.0.0.Warlock%24true%24102864635.0.0.Warlock%24true%24113858

I had to reinstall wow for WoD and forgot to turn on advance combat logging so cannot show my burning embers but I do not believe I was letting it cap but maybe I am wrong.

Anyone see something I could be doing better to get more bang on my CB? Any general critique of my damage would also be appreciated.

Thank you!

You've only got Dark Soul and Nightmare Fire, which are two 120 second CDs.  There's not much you can do at this point.  Without an RPPM trinket to give you procs at random intervals less than 2 minutes, you're having to dump unbuffed Chaos Bolts.  This will change with gear and better trinkets.

2 things.

first.  why are you running the eternal resolve glyph.   if you arent going to be be tapped for a battle rez then just do the newly fixed dark soul one.

the other (EDIT:  with regards to the butcher fight)...what's the deal with using a pot in the middle of a fight with no cooldowns popped and no bloodlust annnnnnnnnnywhere in sight?   

edit two:  also stop using shadowburn on single target fights.  the only time i can see it being useful on single target is if you're moving.  but on the butcher fight you slammed 3 in a row in rapid succession.

Edited by Gravyspasm

Gravyspasm,

Pot must have been a miss click I have one button for just darksoul and one for darksoul + pot must have used the wrong one in the middle

Thank you for pointing the Shadowburn out. I guess I didn't truly realize the damage difference between CB and Shadowburn now.

I've been Demo most of this Xpac.    Shadowburn is no longer the execute?

it's not as powerful during execute phase as a chaos bolt can be.  it only truly shines when you can havoc the boss and get 3 shadow burns off for the double dip effect.

As an example, in his butcher fight, (rounding up) his 3 shadowburns together totaled 87K.   his low chaos bolts were at about 46k each, and he has hit some 77k ones when he times them properly.

again, if you're moving...then yeah, a shadowburn is nice alternative to doing nothing.  but if you're free and clear to stand around, then there's no reason to use it outside multi target fights

• Like 1