FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ZachT

Just boosted Warlock to 90. What demon/minion should I use?

Hello

I've never played Warlock in any of the previos expansions, and I decided that I wanted my main to be a Warlock. I've read a lot of guides on rotations, but none seem to mention anything about the demons we can summon, and what demon is best for what situation. What are the benefits of each demon, and what demon is best whilst leveling?

All of the pets (other then DS Terrorguard/infernal) are within a VERY small amount of DPS to one another, so from a DPS stand point it doesnt matter.

Leveling as demo = Felguard.

Leveling as Destro/Aff = Imp or VW depending on how good you are at leveling. Personally I use the Imp because Im not in a situation where I need a tank, but if you like to pull a lot or are very death prone then a void walker is for you.

Fel puppy/Observer is used when you need an interrupt.

Imp/Fel Imp is used for general use and/or need a dispel - also very useful in PvP since it will (on a 30 second CD) auto remove stun/fear from you.

Succy/whatever the name is of the empowered GoSup Succy is called is good when you need another CC or knock back.

lvl 100 brings a new talent that allows you to use Doomguards/Terrorguards and Infernals/Abyssals as full pets. Doomguards/Terrorguards is for DPS, an interrupt, and a root. Infernals/Abyssals for AoE DPS, AoE stun, tanking.

Up above click wow click classes, under warlock select leveling up. This tells you exactly what you were asking which is voidlord with supremacy talent for leveling.

For questing Voidwalker/Voidlord is just best. As far as dungeons go, you can use whichever demon gives you the utility you want and it'll be fine.

Felhunter/Observer is kinda default for the offensive dispel and interrupt, but if party dispels are needed then your imp is awesome.

Succubus has a knock back and CC which can sometimes be helpful.

If you're Demonology Felguard/Wrathguard should Alsatia be your choice.

Aside from Demonology all of the pet's damage is pretty much the same, so learn what your pets can do and go from there! :D

I love the fact that the Voidlord is such an excellent tanking pet now, especially with how it builds threat reactively with its Voidshield on top of its Suffering(?).  I never have to worry about pulling threat the way I used to back in BC.  It's like I have my own pocket BC tankadin.