FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hallow's End

Great stuff again guys!

Just to give you all a heads up (haha?) the Headless Horseman rings dont seem to be role orientated (again!). We have a druid tank Need on the Int/Hit ring last night, and I was possible as a healer to roll need on the agility ring.

So either prepare to gear via a guild group, or be aware that you may be unlucky if someone decides to "need for offspec".

Good luck if you are searching for the mount. 4 years everyday I couldnt get it on my priest yet got it on my first try on my rogue 2 years ago. Yet another bonus of having shared mounts!!

• Like 1

Guest Slubberten

Great guide. To bad the headless horseman doesnt drop anything for us tanks....

Good luck if you are searching for the mount. 4 years everyday I couldnt get it on my priest yet got it on my first try on my rogue 2 years ago. Yet another bonus of having shared mounts!!

Got the mount 2 years ago. It dropped 3 times for my hunter and 3 times for my mage .. and zero times for my other 8 characters. random is random I guess!

Great guide. To bad the headless horseman doesnt drop anything for us tanks....

Apparently our paladin tank says he loves the sword, equip at the start of the fight use the pumpkins then switch to normal tanking sword.

Great guide as always!

Your tricks and treats of Outland and Northrend links to WoWDB are reversed in both sections they're posted, the alliance link sends you to the horde achievement and vice versa.

• Like 1

Already asked this on the Warrior Board - maybe it's interesting to others, too.

Is the inv_sword_07.jpgThe Horseman's Sinister Slicer better than 463 dungeon Loot weapons with Str on them? It's not a lot, but better dps on the weapon is better dps.

I am also a DPS Warrior wondering the same thing. I am about to run it through simcraft and will post the results.

Guest A

Great stuff again guys!

Just to give you all a heads up (haha?) the Headless Horseman rings dont seem to be role orientated (again!). We have a druid tank Need on the Int/Hit ring last night, and I was possible as a healer to roll need on the agility ring.

So either prepare to gear via a guild group, or be aware that you may be unlucky if someone decides to "need for offspec".

Had the reins twice this year, no sh*t, done this since he first appeared way back when, never gotten them, and now twice this year.. Dont get me wrong, im happy about it, but as a retri trying to gear up, id really like the hat, which has NOT dropped - 2*reins, 0 hat or sword.

I am also a DPS Warrior wondering the same thing. I am about to run it through simcraft and will post the results.

Already asked this on the Warrior Board - maybe it's interesting to others, too. Is the inv_sword_07.jpgThe Horseman's Sinister Slicer better than 463 dungeon Loot weapons with Str on them? It's not a lot, but better dps on the weapon is better dps.

I didn't check precisely, but given the weights of Expertise and Hit, it is possible that these weapons may be better than some, if not all, of the ilevel 463 weapons from Heroic dungeons. That said, Expertise and Hit are stats that you need to cap and, if possible, you should always try to cap them without sacrificing Strength, but rather other secondary stats, such as Mastery Rating and Haste Rating (and Critical Strike Rating, in the case of Arms Warriors).

So I wouldn't exactly advise people to prefer the inv_sword_07.jpgThe Horseman's Sinister Slicer over the ones that drop from Heroic dungeons, but if you're out of luck and can't get a proper Strength weapon, then you can always turn to the slicer (temporarily).

Great guide as always! Your tricks and treats of Outland and Northrend links to WoWDB are reversed in both sections they're posted, the alliance link sends you to the horde achievement and vice versa.

Thanks, I fixed it :P

Should be updated to read "2013," no?

Not yet, I usually update these guides the day before the event starts.

Guest Noleen

Tricky treats disappear on any loading screen, might be worth mentioning in big red letters until it's fixed.

Tricky treats disappear on any loading screen, might be worth mentioning in big red letters until it's fixed.

I think it's been fixed already.

Hey great guide but.... Dreadmaul Hold is... well not THERE!. Its Okril'Lon now and very dangerous. They kill you instead of giving you a candy treat. Very nasty. So.... could we have a small edit to the guide so I can get some candy for the achieve? What do we do now? The NPC at the entrance from the Swamp of Sorrows didn't offer a trip down memory lane to the old Blasted Lands as suggested in another forum...

Edited by AlienVacation

Guest Ragnaroka

Great guide, though I think the candy bucket numbers aren't quite right (at least for Alliance): 

In addition, you can get between 350 and 400 Tricky Treats by visiting the candy buckets all over Azeroth.

I just finished getting every candy bucket, ending with a total of 312 Tricky Treats.

48:7 Okay I found Zidormi on the hill who can change the Zone back. Back to the original version of Blasted Lands...

I don't understand what you're talking about. There's no mention of any of these zones in the guide.

Great guide, though I think the candy bucket numbers aren't quite right (at least for Alliance): 

I just finished getting every candy bucket, ending with a total of 312 Tricky Treats.

Yeah, I was pretty generous in my estimate, it's more like 300-400, depending on how lucky or unlucky you are smile.png I'll fix it.

Guest Ofire

You should include the Candy Bucket add-on in that section of the guide to help people out.

Guest Xhanon

Nice guide, but ''new feat of strength: wow_icon_ability_garrison_orangebird.jpgA Frightening Friend, obtained after finding Pepe in the graveyard of your Garrison;''
Its not a feat of strength, its an actual achievement which provides 10 pts.