FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Mid Budget Warrior Control GvG

Guest Milk

I do not own Grommash Hellscream or Alexstrasz, and they do not seem to be easily replaced. Is there any chance we will see a cheaper version of this deck or perhaps a more mid range focused, aggressive, or an enrage mechanic focused deck for Warrior?

Yes there will be more decks for Warrior in the near future, however right now, Control is just by far and away the best way to play the class. I'm personally fan of the more aggressive decks and have been trying to make them work, but haven't found anything that works particularly well. I don't want to just add sloppy, bad decks to the site, so once I hit on something that works, i'll add it.

Guest Elekim

I'm continuing to read your illuminating articles about HS decks. Since I don't have strategy contributions or suggestions, all I can do is helping in finding typos:

1) in the strategy section of this article, "Acolyte of Pain" is not underlined and the card does not pop up when passing the mouse over it;

2) again in the strategy section, when speaking about Shieldmaiden, there is a "5" missing of her 5/5 stats;

3) in section 3.3 ("Card Swaps") the words ", as well as" should be removed.

:-)

Guest Paul Gauthier

I do not own Grommash Hellscream or Alexstrasz, and they do not seem to be easily replaced. Is there any chance we will see a cheaper version of this deck or perhaps a more mid range focused, aggressive, or an enrage mechanic focused deck for Warrior?

-

Gromm is essential, but Alex is not. 

Gromm is essential to a viable control warrior. Alex is not. You also need 2x Shield Slams and I wouldn't leave home without a Brawl. But other than those and the key cards like FWA, Acolytes, etc. the list is quite flexible. The plan is simple: early game control and then drop heavy hitters. Boulderfist Ogres are big.... 

And there are several other decks listed now, including aggro / enrage archetypes. I haven't checked if it's here, but you can google the Raging Worgen OTK deck for different ideas. 

Edited by WanYao

Guest guest

I don't have the grommash, alex, brawl, and I only have one shield slam. is there anything I can replace them with or should I not bother with control warrior?

Yeah, unfortunately the deck is just prohibitively expensive, which is why you don't see a cheaper version listed on the site, any budget version of the deck would just perform horribly and wouldn't be worth your time, so short answer, no you shouldn't bother with Control Warrior for now.

Hi. Just two easy typo-notes:

1) Big Game Hunter is mentioned twice in the article about the mid-budget version of the deck (in sections 3.1 and 3.3), while it is not part of the deck (it is only present in the full-budget one);

2) in the strategy section of both the mid-budget and the full-budget versions of this deck "Shield Block" is mentioned instead of "Shield Slam" (quotation: "Shield Block and Execute are incredibly efficient removal spells") ;-)

Guest Jay

How can you call this a mid budget when its well over 8k? 

Because the full budget deck is even more expensive, and we need something to separate the two.

Sign in to follow this