Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Mage Freeze GvG

26 posts in this topic

I'd like to see this deck in action on twitch. Any chance we can get to see you play it?

Acheronn, sure next time you're in my stream, let me know and i'll play a few games.

I recently crafted this deck and one of the difficulties I'm having is deciding whether to keep waiting for Alexstrassa or to just start using my damage to hit his face. Sometimes by the time I draw Alex, it's better used on myself than my opponent (this is especially true in hunter matchups). Do you find yourself improvising in your matches using this deck, or do you stick to the gameplan of using Alex? Thanks. 

Yeah Improvisation is really important. If you get into the situation where you think you can just burn your opponent down from 30, then you should go that route. You're not going to draw Alex every game, and the deck would be too inconsistent if you couldn't win without it. As I kept trying to emphasise in the guide, the key to playing Freeze well is to assess the situation of the game at all times, and map out all the possible combinations of your next few turns. If you think one of those combinations leads to you killing them with straight damage, then by all means go for it.

I had the worst luck when trying out this deck xD Still love it though!

I had 2 good games where just normal, then i lost to a preist because of a injured Blademaster that i never got enough things to kill ( No combos either).

And after that i was really frustrated ( I kinda lose to preists alot) and decided to play one last game, This was where i was up against a Druid who was running a deck that was focused only on making me overdraw. At first i though ''well i'm just getting cards right? but then when i started overdraw i lost Alex, Both fireballs and the illuminator, I lost y Archmage and my pyroblast and finally a mad scientist. and since i had to randomly throw out cards since I'd overdraw even more if i didnt i lots all my damage since i had to use my freeze spells on minions and his face. Therefore i lost all my damage and lost horribly. 

This thread is for the legendary freeze deck, but I got here from the page for the legendary fatigue deck. I was pretty confused when people started talking about Alexstrasza in a thread that seemed to be for a deck that doesn't use it.

is there a particular reason why prefering 2 blizzards over 1 blizzard and 1 cone of cold?

Blizzard is more impactful against large boards, Cone of Cold is a little situational and requires a board of exactly 3 minions to get good value.

What do you think about freeze mage without alextraza? I think nowadays people know the freeze mage quite well and are prepared to heal after the alex drop. I tried to make a list without alex that bursts the 30 dmg in 1 turn. Do you think that this could be viable? If not, what would you change?

0ihfoJs.jpg

It's been tried, the problem is that you on average have to stall for longer to draw to the full combo. It is a viable alternative though, I just greatly prefer the Alex version.

Is there any card that could replace Bloodmage Thalnos? Thanks in advance

Hey I was wondering if there is any way to replace mad scientist?

Not very effectively. You can replace them with additional card draw like Novice Engineer to help dig to your Secrets more consistently, but Mad Scientist is incredibly powerful and hard to replace, especially so with this deck.

i know this topic is about freeze mage,but since fatigue's link is directed here i might as well ask it here(you would do well to fix that link by the way).

do you think fatigue mage is currently still viable at legend ranks?i find the deck incredibly fun to play and i get some pretty good win rates with it,though i haven't managed to hit legend at any season yet mostly due to lack of time and messing around with other decks.

also about freeze mage do you know of any decent specific build that can do work without alextrasza?i have every card in that deck except for alex,and would like to try it out just for fun.

also,your decks rock man.

I have all cards except of the Archmage...what would be you an good alternative in your opinion?

Archmage is somewhat optional in Freeze anyway, you can just replace it with another card draw like Loot Hoarder or Novice Engineer, or with another Freeze option like Cone of Cold.

Finding that this deck suffers horribly to RNG, you've often not got the cards in hand to be able to counter whatever the enemy throws at you. In addition, games are very long, and very boring.

Kinda wish I had built in a different direction.

Kinda wish I had built in a different direction.

Then go for different direction. :)

It'd be really awesome if we could get some gameplay commentary of you playing this sottle smile.png as you said it is a harder deck to play and I think it would help us out a ton 

This deck is pretty bad in the current meta. You are gonna die before you get anything started.

This deck is pretty bad in the current meta. You are gonna die before you get anything started.

So, play another deck that fits the meta :)

It beats Zoo, it beats Patron Warrior, it's slightly favoured against Face Hunter, it's slightly favoured against Mech Mage. Not sure what aggressive decks in the meta you're losing to, but chances are you're just not playing the matchup well enough.

I just watched Thijs presumably hit Legend with Freeze Mage yesterday (he was at Rank 1 when I stopped watching)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0