FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
singingawolfsong

Main and off hand vs staff for resto?

I think it depends on how much stats you get from The weapon/offhand vs the staff. And there arent any good onehander in The raid (it has mastery versetality).

Which is better for a resto druid... having a one hand and off hand or a staff equipped? I thought a staff was better, but when I've compared my healing to others that are doing better, I notice they are using MH/OH.

To the best of my understanding, there is no difference between the concept of using a staff or a MH/OH. It all depends on the item levels of the pieces and the secondary stats.

You will never see a difference in healing based on staff vs mh/oh unless there is a significant gap in item level. Right now, item level is going to trump it all. Use the highest item level weapon you have. If your options are 670 main hand with a 630 off hand or a 655 staff, use the mh/oh. If it's the other way (670 oh 630 mh) around, I'm using the staff.

The difference this choice makes is almost in significantly small. Unless you're playing at a very high level and demand is so high for heali nbc you need every tiny advantage, it's not going to be worth worrying about. Difference in healing from other healers will be based on use of class toolkit and how you play.