FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Copperbad

Mistweaver Keybinds?

Hey all you punchy-healy types, I've decided to take the plunge and learn this art. I'm really excited but also a bit overwhelmed at setting up my keybinds. I'd love to see what  setups you're using successfully so I might steal from you.

I want to be able to do things while moving, but I also really want to be able to abuse the stance-dance (when applicable). 

Thanks!

I use something like this stuff on mine, on some 1,2,3,Q,E,F notably, helps you with bar space and stance dancing. This one is on Q.

/cast [modifier:alt] Thunder focus tea; [modifier:ctrl] Diffuse magic; [modifier:shift] Spear hand strike; [nomod,stance:2] Blackout kick; [nomod,stance:1,@mouseover] Renewing mist

Baisicly the game goes all the way through the macros to figure the action it needs to perform when the Q is pressed.

Alt held? TFT

Ctrl held? Diffuse

Shift held? Interrupt

Nothing above held and Crane Stance? Blackout Kick 

Nothing above and and Serpent Stance? ReM

And you can probably guess what @mouseover part does :)

Maybe it's just ElvUI? but i'm having trouble macroing mouse-over to mouse buttons.

It's not just ElvUI, I've never been able to macro mouse-over to any of my mouse buttons using the default UI(mostly, anyway) :/ Then again, I haven't looked into it much.

But as some help for the keybindings, for 1 through to = I would only bind what you can reach easily from your movement keys.Things like `, q, e, r, z, x, v, g are all nice and easy buttons to reach as well. and don't forget your modifiers like CTRL, shift and ALT! And if you have a numpad, be sure to utilize all of those extra keys as there's a lot of them there!

And, of course there's the F1 through to F12 keys which are there for use as well, although I just bind them to putting a raid marker on the target - which makes that a lot easier if you have to mark a priority target or do any sort of group-leading stuff.

And, if you have alts I HIGHLY recommend keeping your keybindings similar, for example I *ALWAYS* have my interrupt bound to R, this will help a lot with your muscle-memory and help you learn to not have to look at your bars every so often to answer the question "what was the keybind for that again?"

And macros are nice and handy, since this is in the monk forums for a mistweaver, I'd make macros to have all of your talents interchangeable for the one keybind(since some of them are passive, if you switch into it then zone in and out of somewhere you lose that spot on your bars and you might forget to drag the non-passive variation back onto your bars when you switch back into it, a macro slot will keep that spot occupied. Yeah, I know Blizz does this by default now and you don't need the macro, but I found with my priest some talents don't actually switch like they should so use the macro to be safe imo). A macro like this for your level 30 talents would look like:

#showtooltip
/cast [talent:2/1] Chi Wave
/cast [talent:2/2] Zen Sphere
/cast [talent:2/3] Chi Burst
#showtooltip shows the tooltip of whatever talent you've got, the first number after talent corresponds to which talent row it is and the second number corresponds to which talent in that row. You'd name the macro whatever you like and then leave the icon as the question mark so then it'd change itself to the icon of the talent you've currently spec'd into.

And of course, don't forget mouseover macros for all of your healing spells! Although, surging mist and enveloping mist you don't actually need to have mouseover macros for, because if you're channeling soothing mist on a target at mouseover and go to cast one of those two spells it'll cast on the soothing mist target biggrin.png

but this is probably really long and boring now, so I'm gonna leave it here and hope that I've helped biggrin.png

Edited by Kulia

Yeah, I know Blizz does this by default now and you don't need the macro, but I found with my priest some talents don't actually switch like they should so use the macro to be safe imo.

Truth is, it does not, not entierly at least. :<  All talents in a row must be a separate active abilities for using a single ID in a macro (/cast Divine Burst for instance for T90 Priest talents) or just not changing normal keybinded button. Only exception is Warlock's T60 - Burning Rush toggle system prevent's it from being used under a single ID for the row :<

Edited by Teufel