FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagash

Fury & stat misconceptions

Hey there,

I've read through various sites for finding out the latest (6.0.3 Highmaul) preferences of statistic priority for ~650-660 ish TG Fury Warriors however every single site prefers different stat prios. For example, while Icy-Veins recommends:

Str > Crit > Multi > Mastery > Vers > Haste

AskMrRobot recommends:

Str > Crit > Multi >= Haste >= Mastery > Vers

MaxDPS recommends:

Str > Crit > Mastery > Multi > Haste = Vers 

for the same TG Fury spec. Many other site recommends even different priorities for the same character.

Haste Breakpoint

I'm also looking for an answer for the Haste breakpoint. I've heard in 6.0 MoP we should've reached 11% haste. Is this still relevant right now? And if so, why those sites do not mention that at all? Also I don't see any people gearing for Haste to reach that bpoint.

Edited by Zagash

From what I've been seeing from Archimtiros and Collision, Haste is still valuable to around 10-11% since it's multiplicative and scales with the more and more AOE needed on a fight. TBH Highmaul has a VERY limited loot table, and most items will just be stat dumps until Blackrock Foundry hits. Best way to handle gear ATM is this:

Weapons > Str/Crit Items > Anything Without Versatility > Versatility

• Like 1

Right now im only heading for crit. Everything else is nice to have. I have about 11% haste buffed. That takes my bloodthirst to be able to be used almost 2 times during enrage. Still our mastery is pretty low, so i guess that the stats are floating right now between all 3 stats. As long as you're not 100% enraged your mastery isnt as strong as multistrike. But if you're able to hit around 100% enrage uptime you're mastery is going to get ahead of multistrike (just guessing ). Nevertheless to get to 100% enrage uptime you should try to get the 11,5% haste for 2 bloodthirst during enrage.

Maybe a short example:

My breast plate had Crit + Mastery and a plate with Crit+ haste dropped. The crit values where equal and the mastery and haste values as well. So in this case i change my gear and tried simcraft with the new haste plate and it showed me a bigger potential dps.

After the next plate item dropped with crit and haste for a slot where i had an item with mastery + versatility, i put on my old plate breast and, now it showed me that the crit + mastery plate was better.

But these were really minor changes in possible dps. Right now the secondary stats are "almost" irrelevent if your able to move and dps. I would go with Vxt and say :

Weapons > Str/Crit Items > Anything Without Versatility > Versatility

greetings,

lvena

Edited by Lvena

The more crit you have the better you can cleave, so that marks crit as king for Fury as usual. On top of that, as has been previously mentioned, Highmaul has 1 item for each slot excluding trinkets rings and cape. So there's no real way to choose your gear. You'll be taking what you can.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aNamelessHenchman
      Hi Everyone,

Returning to D3 after an absence.
      Trying to figure out the best desired stat rolls for items as per the guides, have always struggled with this.
      Am deciding to play DH Shadow Impale build this season 25. For example:

The Compass Rose
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      So am I looking for a ring rolled with all these stats? Because most of the time it will roll with Dexterity. So wouldn't it be unlikely that I would find such a ring? 
      If I had one with say Dex,CHD,socket and Attack speed    -     should I reroll Dex into CHC? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of Ancients? (as the ancient would have possible higher Dex but not higher CHC)
      What if CHD was really low and Dex was really high? What if overall damage goes down because I re-roll Dex?
      I'm confused. Just trying to figure out how to decide between 2 items.
      EG: I have 2 Convention of Elements
      Priorities are:
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      Ring A (Ancient):                Ring B (non-Ancient):
      +618 Dexterity                     +473 Dexterity
      CHD : + 46% (rolled)            + 49% (rolled)
      CHC: + 4.5%                           +5.0%
      Socket                                     Socket
      The game shows no difference in damage but minus in toughness and recovery on Ring B (must be secondary stats)

Which Ring is better? (should I choose?)
      Thanks for any explanation of this. Especially @Deadset

• By Reicha7
      So the stat priority page of the guide ranks haste much higher than strength but the consumables guide recommends the feast for strength even though the haste food offers more haste which should make it the better choice surely?
      Hoping someone more aware of the theorycrafting to clear that up for me.

This mainly applies for raiding by the way but if there is a different answer for M+ I am interested to know the answer there.
    • By teebling
      Hey IV, I made a simple stats calculator stats calculator for wow classic in javascript.
      You select a class, then enter values into the fields for Stamina, Strength, Agility, Intellect and Spirit. As you type it updates the results which show you useful information based on what stats you entered - like dodge, and crit percentages, class-specific statistics like Ranged AP for Hunters and block for Druids in bear form etc. 
      Hopefully people find this useful for comparing item benefits and racial starting stats, or for learning how base stats affect different classes in Classic. Did you know for example that Shamans can build Block with Str items?
      I didn’t just post here to show this off - I need some help with calculating Spirit. Some users have commented that Spirit health/mana regen values are too high for various classes (for example Paladins) and was wondering if anyone here had some more information on this!
      Your boy teeb
    • By Davidga13
      Anybody can help with this? I'm using simcraft to get the stat priority for my MM's gear but it is giving me crazy results, not sure why. Agility=83.13, Ap=80.24, CritRating=0.83, HasteRating=46.84, MasteryRating=1.04, Versatility=217.72, Dps=297.72
      According to stat priority lists, such as the icy veins one, mastery should be the predominant stat. Now I understand that it can change depending on gear and other things, but this much???
      I've attached a screenshot wit the settings in simcraft, in case it helps.
      Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Sorry if it's a noob question.
      Cheers!

• By ygzumc
      Hi. After reaching %33.3 Crit cap. What's your opinion stacking versa or haste.i go with versatility right now have %23.63/%11.82 versatility %16.71 haste %37 crit.i know i have little bit more crit but its good stat