Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fury & stat misconceptions

4 posts in this topic

Hey there,

I've read through various sites for finding out the latest (6.0.3 Highmaul) preferences of statistic priority for ~650-660 ish TG Fury Warriors however every single site prefers different stat prios. For example, while Icy-Veins recommends:

Str > Crit > Multi > Mastery > Vers > Haste

AskMrRobot recommends:

Str > Crit > Multi >= Haste >= Mastery > Vers

MaxDPS recommends:

Str > Crit > Mastery > Multi > Haste = Vers 

for the same TG Fury spec. Many other site recommends even different priorities for the same character.

Haste Breakpoint

I'm also looking for an answer for the Haste breakpoint. I've heard in 6.0 MoP we should've reached 11% haste. Is this still relevant right now? And if so, why those sites do not mention that at all? Also I don't see any people gearing for Haste to reach that bpoint.

Edited by Zagash

From what I've been seeing from Archimtiros and Collision, Haste is still valuable to around 10-11% since it's multiplicative and scales with the more and more AOE needed on a fight. TBH Highmaul has a VERY limited loot table, and most items will just be stat dumps until Blackrock Foundry hits. Best way to handle gear ATM is this:

Weapons > Str/Crit Items > Anything Without Versatility > Versatility

1 person likes this

Right now im only heading for crit. Everything else is nice to have. I have about 11% haste buffed. That takes my bloodthirst to be able to be used almost 2 times during enrage. Still our mastery is pretty low, so i guess that the stats are floating right now between all 3 stats. As long as you're not 100% enraged your mastery isnt as strong as multistrike. But if you're able to hit around 100% enrage uptime you're mastery is going to get ahead of multistrike (just guessing ). Nevertheless to get to 100% enrage uptime you should try to get the 11,5% haste for 2 bloodthirst during enrage.

Maybe a short example:

My breast plate had Crit + Mastery and a plate with Crit+ haste dropped. The crit values where equal and the mastery and haste values as well. So in this case i change my gear and tried simcraft with the new haste plate and it showed me a bigger potential dps.

After the next plate item dropped with crit and haste for a slot where i had an item with mastery + versatility, i put on my old plate breast and, now it showed me that the crit + mastery plate was better.

But these were really minor changes in possible dps. Right now the secondary stats are "almost" irrelevent if your able to move and dps. I would go with Vxt and say :

Weapons > Str/Crit Items > Anything Without Versatility > Versatility

Edited by Lvena

The more crit you have the better you can cleave, so that marks crit as king for Fury as usual. On top of that, as has been previously mentioned, Highmaul has 1 item for each slot excluding trinkets rings and cape. So there's no real way to choose your gear. You'll be taking what you can.