FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Copperbad

Am i just a fool? don't see Vital Mist stacks

I'm a level 31 Mistweaver. 

It is my assumption that while in crane stance, spending chi generates stacks of Vital Mist, which reduce the cast time of Surging Mist by 20% and stacks up to 5 times. 

I can't seem to generate these stacks though, I don't see a buff and my Surging Mists cast time isn't reduced no matter how much my chi fluctuates. 

Is there some under-the-hood thing that will kick in at a later level? Is there a specific ability that i need to use my chi on in order for this to proc? Blackout kick does not produce the buff. 

While I dont know the exact level you actually get the Vital Mists buff to Surging Mist, its because you're to low of a level and dont actually have it yet. For whatever reason the text appears in the Tooltip even though you dont have it yet.

Its kinda like how you have the Detonate Chi ability even though you cant even have Healing Chi Spheres out yet because you're not at the proper level to have mastery.

But when you finally do get it all you have to do is spend chi. So do your normal heal/dps rotation in Crane Stance and as you spend the chi you will get stacks. Although I dont think you get the ability until around level 60. Dont take my word on it though, just me guessing.

Edited by Meowsus
  • Like 1

Thanks for the clarification, I looked through all of my yet-to-be learned abilities and didn't see anything, so it must be under the hood. 

I'm under the impression that in its current state, fistweaving isn't worth using?

At low levels it is fine but when you start getting into Warlords of Draenor content it becomes really under powered. Although if you have a decent enough group that knows how to CC and stay out of the bad then it becomes slightly viable. Its not to bad in Raids if you are on a boss that doesnt require significant raid healing.

For now I don't use it, but i might check it out again when i get some better optimized gear.