FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
sammiah

help with damage please?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xwFLpkr3vaDP6KAt/#pins=2%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%24132191006.0.0.Warlock%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240^2%24Off%24%23909049%24expression%24immolate&type=summary&source=11&graph=true&view=events

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Blackhand/sammiah/advanced

I don't really know what im doing with warcraft logs so hopefull i didnt screw it up. it's not a good log, i was kinda rushed and just wanted to post this while i had the oppurtunity. Both logs are wipes and the tank pulled without ready check or countdown so no prepot.

any help is very appreciated. thanks.

Okay I had great intention of reviewing logs but phone isn't letting me do what I would like. I'll give a few tips until I get home in the morning.

First off it looks like you are popping sudden clarity and ds and then casting several incenerates. Wait and use trinket / DS when you have at least 2 embers at the start like that. By this time the DMF will probably be active and you will get a few really nice choas bolts in. The next thing you cast after darksoul should almost always be multiple chaos bolts. I use an addon to track internal cd of that DMF trinket so I know how to manage my embers and try to line up clarity and DS together. Majority of the time you will only cast chaos bolt outside of procs/DS is to avoid capping ember.

• Like 1

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xwFLpkr3vaDP6KAt/#type=casts&graph=true&source=11&hostility=&ability=116858&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%24-1%24132191006.0.0.Warlock%24132191006.0.0.Warlock%24true%24132191006.0.0.Warlock%24true%24113858%5E0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-gained%24-1%24132191006.0.0.Warlock%24132191006.0.0.Warlock%24true%24132191006.0.0.Warlock%24true%24177594

Okay I see what you did there at the start with AD. You are probably best served to save that for when you can get off 4 chaos bolts. It looks like you are playing procs like I mentioned above. I like KJC on this fight and feel like its a dps gain for me with timing the movement. But honest I don't even think your numbers are that bad. Immolate uptime could be improved. If using AD try to get more bang out of it too.

90th percentile about same ilvl was hovering around 20k. Only so much you can do with a blue weapon. Looks like I did 19k with slightly less ilvl , blue weapon , same trinkets and it was a kill.

Edited by Cedrin
  • Like 1

So i should hold off on CC and DS in my opener for when i have 2 embers for CB and keep immolate up.

I have seen screenshots of warcraft logs that show the timeline of immolate, so you can see uptime. where is that graph found.

thanks very much.

I have seen screenshots of warcraft logs that show the timeline of immolate, so you can see uptime. where is that graph found.

thanks very much.

just for you, i learned how to do this in warcraft logs (because i -really- have no idea how to use that site.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xwFLpkr3vaDP6KAt#type=auras&spells=debuffs&hostility=1&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%241%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24157736

what i did was use your link you provided up top...click your name on the  upper right.  then click on the raid day.

then in the middle top of the screen, i made sure instead of ALL FRIENDLIES i had it read Enemies.

then right below that Debuffs.   then clicked the + for immolate.

for logs with more than one lock, there will be an extra step here somewhere to tell the log/graph to single that person out, but i haven't gotten that far yet.

for logs with more than one lock, there will be an extra step here somewhere to tell the log/graph to single that person out, but i haven't gotten that far yet.

Where it says "All Sources" you can select which player you want to view. I think this will be a better method then selecting immolate because you can see any debuff. (for example if you were affliction you could see all your dots)

Overall decent mixture. It looks like you've got a bit of confusion surrounding stacking procs, but tend to fire off 4 chaos bolts in a burn phase, so that's good. 

The biggest thing you're doing is the issues you're having with your opener, There's no reason to blow DS so quickly off the pull. Your burn phase is dictated most by your RPPM trinkets, meaning that until it shows up, you don't need to waste any of your on use damage . You should just be building embers until this point. Essentially, there's no reason to cast two dark soul only empowered bolts, and line up DS, Copelands, and sandmans together. 

Also: 91% immo uptimes needs to come up by at least 4%.

Are you using Backdraft on Chaos bolt? In my kill which took 12% longer I did 30% more Incinerates.

Also Thunderlord's enchant is pretty bad. You had 40.4% uptime and I had 54.5% uptime on Bleeding Hollow, so for future reference or at least until they change it, I think Bleeding Hollow is better for its consistency. 

Draenic Intellect Potions are a must.

Edited by Mikedawg

Overall decent mixture. It looks like you've got a bit of confusion surrounding stacking procs, but tend to fire off 4 chaos bolts in a burn phase, so that's good. 

The biggest thing you're doing is the issues you're having with your opener, There's no reason to blow DS so quickly off the pull. Your burn phase is dictated most by your RPPM trinkets, meaning that until it shows up, you don't need to waste any of your on use damage . You should just be building embers until this point. Essentially, there's no reason to cast two dark soul only empowered bolts, and line up DS, Copelands, and sandmans together. 

Also: 91% immo uptimes needs to come up by at least 4%.

Especially with Sandmans being a bugger and not proccing right away.  Just make sure you get at least 2 CB's out before your prepot wears off, its more important than the crit from Sandmans.  If I get an early Sandman proc, I can get 3 juiced CB's out in opener.. if it procs late I dont fill my 3rd ember in time.

• Like 1

So in my opener I dont need to pop my cooldowns, just gather embers and make sure to get 2 chaos bolts of before prepot ends. If sandman doesnt proc, should I use ds on those two chaos boots?.

I also need to line up copelands and ds with sandman procs, should I be saving bolts for that burn phase or take advantage of thunderlord procs? So essentially do I want a burn phase with as many chaos bolts as possible, or use when ever I have a crit increase?

Thanks for the help

So in my opener I dont need to pop my cooldowns, just gather embers and make sure to get 2 chaos bolts of before prepot ends. If sandman doesnt proc, should I use ds on those two chaos boots?.

I also need to line up copelands and ds with sandman procs, should I be saving bolts for that burn phase or take advantage of thunderlord procs? So essentially do I want a burn phase with as many chaos bolts as possible, or use when ever I have a crit increase?

Thanks for the help

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that.  You do want to blow all your CD's in opener for those 2-3 Chaos bolts.  However since Sandmans can take a few casts to proc, you want to delay your DS and CC those few seconds so that you still have duration left when you eventually fill the 3rd ember.  It will also help them stay better aligned the rest of the fight.

For example, if I get a Sandman proc immediately, I pop DS and CC immediately ..the extra crit chance it gives with Darksoul will allow me to fill up 3 full embers before my major procs wear off.  If it does not proc right away you are usually a few globals too slow to catch the 3rd CB with your procs so I delay Darksoul until the second ember fills and I start my CB casts, this way I still have DS+Trinkets for that 3rd CB, even if the prepot has expired.  If you were to blow DS right away with CC and you Darkmoon trinket lags its proc, that 3rd CB wont have DS or CC, only DMF.

As a general rule, your blowing it all on pull but RNG can cause you to delay for a few seconds.

Your procs will dictate when you spend you embers, unless a specific phase of a fight calls for extra on demand burst.  Generally you will mostly be using them with your Trinket+DS combo, however if you are going to cap out and need to spend one outside of a major proc like that, indeed tossing one out during a weapon enchant proc is better than with no procs.

Chas bolt scales much more from Int Potion or CC spell power proc than it does from Darksoul or DMF proc crit buffs.  Ideally you want as many of them stacked as possible when you CB, however your Spell power procs are the more powerful ones.