Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Assassin opener

3 posts in this topic

Hello i would like to say something about the opening with assasin spec.Not sure if it's better but this is what i do

1: Garrote -> 1 compo point and you also get Venomous Wounds

2: SnD

3: Cast 2 Mutilates

4: Envenom

Also good idea is to pop Vendetta and Shadow Blades auter the 1st SnD

First of all, I think it matters very little what opening sequence you use.

That said, I believe that opening with Mutilate and Rupture is better than opening with Garrote. First, Mutilate costs 55 Energy, while Garrote only costs 45 Energy, so Shadow Focus is better used with Mutilate. Second, Garrote only ticks every 3 seconds, which means 75% every 3 seconds to trigger Venomous Wounds, where as for Rupture, it is 75% every 2 second.

Sometimes I open with Ambush, sometimes with Mut. Ambush will net you 2-3 cp though on the opener where you'll only get 1-2 off a mut. If you are using Shadow Focus either one is free. I generally get my timers up before popping blades/vendetta. So, I'll do:

Rupture is going to benefit from extra combo points initially so you can get an envenom in to refresh your 1-2 point SnD before you need to reapply Rupture.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Doku
      I'm trying to get back into dps. I've been tanking since cata and I'd like to try my hand at dps'ing again. I feel like I should be pulling higher numbers but I just can't get them up. Any advise?
    • By Dyldoe
      So right now I play Sub as my main spec. I mained outlaw for the first week or so of Legion and honestly I hated sub (not sure why) but after I tried it, it is now my preferred spec among the 3. I know that sub scales the best with gear and is the most superior spec around 870ilv too. I never see sub in pve and usually outlaw/sin mainly (for mythic+ and raids) so I was wondering if I am doing anything wrong?
      For my talents, I use weaponmaster as it is very good for aoe pulls (I can pull about 400k dps on 3-4 targets) then followed by the traditional talents for pve sub (I go master of subtlety for raids) 
      I know my stats are not the best for sub as I need to get more mastery/vers rather than haste (crit is still pretty good if i'm correct)
      I couldn't spec into Akaari's Soul as it breaks cc in pvp with means I loose a hefty amount of dps which is very annoying and I am debating to repsec into it and put up with it in pvp for the extra dps increase.
      My weapon pathing looks like this:
      I seem to be doing everything correctly for dps but I do about 250-300k dps on single target and stays about 200k the whole time. Sometimes can go up to 350-400k depending on how smooth the fight goes but if it's anything to do with my weapon/talents/ilv/stats and even playstyle then please let me know, thanks!
      Edit: I have respecced my weapon to now look like this: 
      I should be doing better now ^^ Appreciate the help 
    • By sneakytool
      Hi guys need a bit of help with improving my dps,
      crit 29.45%
      haste 15.04%
      mastery 110.65%
      vers 4.51%
      I know i need less haste and more crit/mast but other than this is there anything else i can do?
      armory link
      Link to my logs on a  dummy
    • By Powji
      Hi, i am currently struggeling with my DPS. My DPS is really low and i think that i should be able to pull much higher numbers.
      So i thought maybe one of you guys can help :) Input is highly appreciated
      Logs from last raid
      Thank you in advance :)