Topic Details

Assassin opener

2 replies to this topic Started by azwraith, Oct 21 2012 11:13 PM rogue assassination opener
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

azwraith
  • azwraith
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Hello i would like to say something about the opening with assasin spec.Not sure if it's better but this is what i do

1: Garrote -> 1 compo point and you also get Venomous Wounds
2: SnD
3: Cast 2 Mutilates
4: Envenom

Also good idea is to pop Vendetta and Shadow Blades auter the 1st SnD

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
First of all, I think it matters very little what opening sequence you use. That said, I believe that opening with Mutilate and Rupture is better than opening with Garrote. First, Mutilate costs 55 Energy, while Garrote only costs 45 Energy, so Shadow Focus is better used with Mutilate. Second, Garrote only ticks every 3 seconds, which means 75% every 3 seconds to trigger Venomous Wounds, where as for Rupture, it is 75% every 2 second.

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Skroo
  • Skroo
  • Vagrant
Sometimes I open with Ambush, sometimes with Mut. Ambush will net you 2-3 cp though on the opener where you'll only get 1-2 off a mut. If you are using Shadow Focus either one is free. I generally get my timers up before popping blades/vendetta. So, I'll do: Ambush-->rupture-->mut-->SnD-->blades/vendetta-->Mut-->etc Rupture is going to benefit from extra combo points initially so you can get an envenom in to refresh your 1-2 point SnD before you need to reapply Rupture.

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users