Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
azwraith

Assassin opener

3 posts in this topic

Hello i would like to say something about the opening with assasin spec.Not sure if it's better but this is what i do

1: Garrote -> 1 compo point and you also get Venomous Wounds

2: SnD

3: Cast 2 Mutilates

4: Envenom

Also good idea is to pop Vendetta and Shadow Blades auter the 1st SnD

First of all, I think it matters very little what opening sequence you use.

That said, I believe that opening with Mutilate and Rupture is better than opening with Garrote. First, Mutilate costs 55 Energy, while Garrote only costs 45 Energy, so Shadow Focus is better used with Mutilate. Second, Garrote only ticks every 3 seconds, which means 75% every 3 seconds to trigger Venomous Wounds, where as for Rupture, it is 75% every 2 second.

Sometimes I open with Ambush, sometimes with Mut. Ambush will net you 2-3 cp though on the opener where you'll only get 1-2 off a mut. If you are using Shadow Focus either one is free. I generally get my timers up before popping blades/vendetta. So, I'll do:

Ambush-->rupture-->mut-->SnD-->blades/vendetta-->Mut-->etc

Rupture is going to benefit from extra combo points initially so you can get an envenom in to refresh your 1-2 point SnD before you need to reapply Rupture.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brettakiss
      Hello all, so I am a loooong time returning rogue (TBC). So, needless to say, I know little to nothing about rogues anymore. I only leveled my rogue after each new pac, then ended up losing interest. Legion has my attention, I love it so far, and I would LOVE to start playing rogue again. I heard that outlaw was the way to go in regards to leveling, so I tried it, but the RNG kills me. I can't stand Roll the Bones. Sure, it adds "mystery", but I would rather be calculated than 'lucky'. 
      However, the main problem I have with Outlaw is the survivability. Of course, rogues are squishy. But with the play style that Outlaw lends itself toward, I feel that I shouldn't be near death after only 2 mobs (which has been the case, add in a third and I am dead). Now, I am not sure if I am doing something wrong - I have read all of Icy Veins tutorials and guides on rogues. But I am wondering if maybe I should switch to Assassin or Sub? do they have more control/survivability? 
      And numbers aside, do you guys like them? Are they FUN?
      Thanks all.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Yogg Thief Rogue Standard deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our N'Zoth Thief Rogue Standard deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Tempo Rogue Standard deck.
    • By Stealthngg
      838 Rogue LF Semi-Hardcore raiding guild.  While only casually playing since BC, I am looking to progress through raiding content in Legion fairly quickly in a friendly, positive guild that has a strong sense of community.  I’m a super nice dude that likes to have a positive play experience.  I’m NOT interested in guilds that are morally-absent i.e. filthy, abusive, degenerative.  

I have headset as well as Ventrillo/TS/Mumble capabilities, and I can transfer server/faction.  I am constantly striving to increase DPS & maintain survivability through research.  I’ve logged over 4,000 hours on this rogue so I know how to play it.  

Schedule
      ------------
      CENTRAL TIME (Pacific -2, Mountain -1, Eastern +1)
      Monday: 10 PM-1 PM
      Tuesday:7 PM-1 AM
      Wednesday: 10 PM-1 AM
      Thursday: 7 PM-1 AM
      Friday: 7 PM-2 AM
      Saturday: 7 PM-2 AM
      Sunday: 7 PM-1 AM

Raid Experience:
      Casual Raiding up to WoD
      WoD: 15/16 Heroic HFC

Battlenet: Franky5#1523