FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bitemeplease

642 Destro Lock needs help with DPS (with logs)

Hello, i'm at an ivl of 642 and feel that my dps could be improved. 

Currently running destro with GoSup and DeServ, and the maximum i've been pulling is around 20k which feels relatively low to me...

Here are some logs that I did with a pug raid group (did up to 5/7 normal)

*could have done much better at the butcher kill, but someone pulled before the countdown so there wasn't time to prepot/do a proper starting rotation 

I also have a couple of questions: 

1. I'm also running unglyphed dark soul, should I be glyping it? 

I feel that i'm rushing to get all my 2-3 chaos bolts off in the 10secs window and sometimes there isn't enough time. 

2. I'm also a little confused as to what bloodlust/timewrap does for us.

Let's say Sandman's + Darksoul is on CD for 30-40 secs more when the raid triggers timewrap at a less than ideal situation where I have maybe 2 embers.

Should I be

i) drinking my second intellect pot and nuking the shit out of the boss during timewrap/bloodlust OR 

ii) save the  intellect pot for when I have close to max embers and all my cooldowns up (but timewrap is over)

Any suggestions for improvement will be great! Thanks!

Edited by Bitemeplease

Don't glyph, then there's no rush for 10 second burst and you get a 20 second one, which is more convenient with the available trinkets. 

If you don't pick a fight to have looked at, we'll pick one randomly.  Instead of looking at your kills, let's look at your 5 Ko'ragh wipes.

Wipe 1 - alive for 98.75% of attempt.  Immolate uptime of 76%. 

Wipe 2 - alive for 92.20% of attempt.  Immolate uptime of 83%.

Wipe 3 - alive for 71.18% of attempt.  Immolate uptime of 71% - likely low because of death.  Don't stand in Suppression Fields - this death is on you (unless a wipe was called by raid leader).

Wipe 4 - alive for 90.33% of attempt.  Immolate uptime of 62%.

Wipe 5 - alive for 95.60% of attempt.  Immolate uptime of 81%.

Quit trying to use Rain of Fire.  It requires too many targets to be a DPS gain.  If you're going to AoE as Destruction, flip on Fire and Brimstone and go nasty.  Make sure you have ample Burning Embers built up in preparation of killing adds. 

This graph is perplexing: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fYJya2Wxqd1GkPHL/#type=casts&source=4&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24130204142.0.0.Warlock%24false%24113858%5E0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24130204142.0.0.Warlock%24false%24162919&ability=116858&graph=true&fight=38.  On most of the fights, you do a decent job of casting CB with procs, but on this one, you waited until your proc was completely over to cast 4 Chaos Bolts with Bloodlust.  Bloodlust isn't a DPS increase for Chaos Bolt.  Procs are. 

Get your Immolate uptime up.  Focus on casting Chaos Bolt with procs that increase its damage.  Stay alive.

Thanks for answering my questions smile.png  Was kinda confused about bloodlust & chaosbolts..

Yeah I should try to keep my immolate uptime higher!

May I also trouble you to take a look at the more 'cleavy' fights like Twins and Bracken?

Must admit I didn't really play my best at Korgath. 

19 havocs x 25 sec = 475. 475/60 = 7.92. So you had something like 4 seconds of wasted havoc. Good job.

45 hits - 29 casts = 16 havoced CBs. Can't figure out where the other three went. More importantly, you didn't cast a single shadowburn.

19 havocs x 25 sec = 475. 475/60 = 7.92. So you had something like 4 seconds of wasted havoc. Good job.

45 hits - 29 casts = 16 havoced CBs. Can't figure out where the other three went. More importantly, you didn't cast a single shadowburn.

Havoc only had a 20 second cooldown until yesterday, and now it's a 15 second cooldown, by the way.

Havoc only had a 20 second cooldown until yesterday, and now it's a 15 second cooldown, by the way.

Percentage is only going to change by like... 6% or so. It's unreasonable to expect anything better than, say, 90% use. I haven't touched destro since 6.0 dropped, except for the week I couldn't play demo. Didn't think about the leveling perks. But it really doesn't change things enough to matter. Shadow burn is the kicker.

Don't glyph, then there's no rush for 10 second burst and you get a 20 second one, which is more convenient with the available trinkets. 

If you don't pick a fight to have looked at, we'll pick one randomly.  Instead of looking at your kills, let's look at your 5 Ko'ragh wipes.

Wipe 1 - alive for 98.75% of attempt.  Immolate uptime of 76%. 

Wipe 2 - alive for 92.20% of attempt.  Immolate uptime of 83%.

Wipe 3 - alive for 71.18% of attempt.  Immolate uptime of 71% - likely low because of death.  Don't stand in Suppression Fields - this death is on you (unless a wipe was called by raid leader).

Wipe 4 - alive for 90.33% of attempt.  Immolate uptime of 62%.

Wipe 5 - alive for 95.60% of attempt.  Immolate uptime of 81%.

Quit trying to use Rain of Fire.  It requires too many targets to be a DPS gain.  If you're going to AoE as Destruction, flip on Fire and Brimstone and go nasty.  Make sure you have ample Burning Embers built up in preparation of killing adds. 

This graph is perplexing: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fYJya2Wxqd1GkPHL/#type=casts&source=4&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24130204142.0.0.Warlock%24false%24113858%5E0%24Separate%24%23909049%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24130204142.0.0.Warlock%24false%24162919&ability=116858&graph=true&fight=38.  On most of the fights, you do a decent job of casting CB with procs, but on this one, you waited until your proc was completely over to cast 4 Chaos Bolts with Bloodlust.  Bloodlust isn't a DPS increase for Chaos Bolt.  Procs are. 

Get your Immolate uptime up.  Focus on casting Chaos Bolt with procs that increase its damage.  Stay alive.

hmm, never even thought about this, good point tho. I always dump CB during lust not even realizing haste really doesn't benefit it at all.

hmm, never even thought about this, good point tho. I always dump CB during lust not even realizing haste really doesn't benefit it at all.

Bloodlust is for filling Embers to shoot out more CBs. 

What?  Yes, you'd use Dark Soul during Bloodlust if it's available.  The comment about Bloodlust not being a DPS gain for Chaos Bolt ties to the mechanics of Chaos Bolt.  If you have JUST Bloodlust and no procs, then you don't prioritize CB during Bloodlust.