FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hellscreamii

Warrior help! Glad & Arms Normal Highmaul, logs inside

Hello,

First time using arms and looking for help before heroic raid group this week. I decided to use Arms since I don't have a good SMF set. I try to use icy-veins rotations. Any help on certain fights, talents, rotation - anything, please let me hear it.

Arms is used on Kargath, Brackenspore, Tectus and Twins. Glad for Butcher and Ko'ragh.

Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Hellscreamii/simple

[Might be in PVP gear: Arms weapon 2hander is 640 LFR(ilvl647 at fight), Glad Weapon is 646 Warforged LFR (ilvl647 at fight )]

Raid Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jKRMXP1md48N6kvx#fight=5&type=damage-done&source=12

Kargath-

I was assigned to do the stands, however a new person(mother!#!$%er) in the guild kept getting chained instead of me. Any critique on this boss should be dismissed, since none of my rotation, abilities were used correctly.

Butcher-

I am seeing Bloodbath at a 28% uptime(normal?), I have this marco'd with my racial however I feel like it is really low, also unsure if I alligned it correctly with Storm Bolt. Is Dragon Roar + Bloodbath the way to go?

Spore-

Forgot to get glyph of interruption. Rend is tricky to refresh with 5 seconds left, I need to find a better way to track it. Currently just using tidyplates. Might switch to Ravager on this fight, not too much moving with the mushrooms.

Tectus -

Not too much explaining on this fight, rend on all targets when up. Again this fight, should have grabbed Ravager.

Twins -

Avoid fire at all cost, I am please with the numbers on this one.

Ko'ragh -

Unhappy with the DPS output but I had to stop several times do to our "Strat". My guild refuses to have all dps on boss during adds. Also needed 3 tanks just to deal with adds, I have seen add phase be kited to maximize dps. How can I convince them otherwise? I only have a VOD of Kungen doing it, anyone have a guide video that may help? On Expel Magic: Fire - is it better to dispel or wait?

Thank you for reading any help is greatly appreciated, doing heroic tonight and tomorrow!

Hey there.

First thing's are first: let's point you to some threads you may not have read. (Or, perhaps you have). Either way, they're both useful (to their respective extent).

• My Arms Guide - While I do not break down each individual fight as far as talent choices go, etc, it's a generalized guide to get anyone started in the Arms spec.
  • Ragebarr's Glad Guide - Similar to my Arms Guide but, obviously, directed toward Gladiator Stance. 

While Icy-Veins has really straight forward and detailed guides they are written from an approach that you would read a manual. Our guides written on these forums are more from the perspective that we skimmed the manual, put it to the test, and then re-wrote the manual in our own words for others to, perhaps, get a better grasp of the class and spec. The bottom line - use both Icy-Veins and our Guides on the forums here to get the best, overall, understanding of each spec.

The other thread I want to point you to is the Highmaul DPS Style thread. While this may be a work in progress, currently, it will build into more of what you seem to be specifically looking for - individual fight tactics for each of the respective specs.

=======================

Now that those are provided, I'm going to address your post in a bullet-point fashion. Take from me what you will on this post and, as always, feel free to ask for clarification if you should need it.

Kargath

• If you didn't want any critique on this fight - why bother listing it?

Butcher

• Storm Bolt has a 30 second CD. Bloodbath has a 60 second CD. Doing the math you should, ideally, expect to line up Bloodbath with every other Stormbolt. However all this is moot because SB is the worst talent of the three that you can pick; you want Dragon Roar or Shockwave (damage difference is minimal; use either or.) Luck for you, Dragon Roar also has a 60 second CD so, yes, you want them both lined up. If you choose to macro them together, cast BB first and then DR.

Your BB uptime is actually 22.79% and not 28%. It appears you cast it almost to the second when it was available so you're fine.

Brackenspore:

• Glyph of Rude Interruption is only mandatory if you're assigned to interrupt the Fungal Flesh Eater. 

I personally use Need To Know to track all my buffs, debuffs, dots, etc for all my classes; especially my warrior.

Ko'ragh:

• As far as designated targets during the boss's recharge, we personally leave all DPS (especially magic DPS - no exceptions) on the boss. Melee can also attack and still be outside the charging ring (and avoid taking damage). The only stress factor here is to make sure whoever is assigned to soak gets there first. It's honestly not that difficult.

Once Ko'ragh is done recharging then we have all ranged DPS focus on getting the adds to a silencing field and killing them then. 

We place responsibility to the tanks to gather the adds and navigate them toward the fields while all DPS are burning the boss during his recharge. Again; once he's done recharging it is at this point we have RDPS switch and prioritize the adds.

I hope this helps. If you should have any other questions - don't hesitate to ask.