FORUMS
Damien

Basic Warrior Deck

Guest thelongafternoon

This is a great deck - thank you! I am a super casual player, I only play on my phone when I have a little down time. Although I've been on and off since beta, I've never bought an expansion or adventure, so my card set is pretty limited. It's a great feeling to be able to win against players that have oodles of legendaries and other fancy-pants cards. I can only imagine how annoyed they must be to lose against a base deck.

On 11/8/2016 at 6:53 AM, Guest thelongafternoon said:

This is a great deck - thank you! I am a super casual player, I only play on my phone when I have a little down time. Although I've been on and off since beta, I've never bought an expansion or adventure, so my card set is pretty limited. It's a great feeling to be able to win against players that have oodles of legendaries and other fancy-pants cards. I can only imagine how annoyed they must be to lose against a base deck.

Glad to hear it's working well for you! :)

Guest duckymomo

Thank you so much for this guide! i am just wondering what i can swap out for my shield slam because i have it. i want to use it effectively as i was lucky enough to even get it. any suggestions on what to swap out to get my shield slam into this deck? Thanks again!

5 hours ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

This deck is still viable as the basic Warrior deck, but the write up about Execute needs to be changed since it was changed to 2 mana.

Thanks for pointing it out, we will be fixing it shortly!

Guest Guest_Pawn_001

I can't win with this deck. Yes, I only have 18 of the basic cards but with the mage and hunter, I was able to win some. I'm going up against players with cards that do 10 damage,etc. How the hell am I supposed to live through that?

15 hours ago, Guest Guest_Pawn_001 said:

I can't win with this deck. Yes, I only have 18 of the basic cards but with the mage and hunter, I was able to win some. I'm going up against players with cards that do 10 damage,etc. How the hell am I supposed to live through that?

I recommend playing the deck to rank 20 and then switching to casual until you build up a decent collection, big enough to get you a better deck.

Guest Guest_Pawn_001

Well, what I plan on doing is, get the 20 cards for each class and then start leveling up my faves 8)

Guest Valdor

I like this deck! Going to the default warrior deck to this deck (in ranked) gave me 6/10 wins instead of 2/10 wins as before. The four losses were all (coincidentally?) to frost lich Jaina, still, occasionally winning with this deck in the current ranked situation (December 2017) (with lots of opponents even at rank 20 or 19 running legendaries or knights of the frozen throne heroes) is quite impressive. Thank you very much for creating and posting this deck!

3 hours ago, Bucketear said:

Can this deck be updated? I play it almost exclusively as a very casual HS player and the nerf to fiery war axe hurt this deck bad.

This is a most basic deck and I think they want it to remain simple.

But, even as a casual player, assuming you are not playing since yesterday, you can easily browse through your collection and make useful replacements.

10 hours ago, Bucketear said:

Can this deck be updated? I play it almost exclusively as a very casual HS player and the nerf to fiery war axe hurt this deck bad.

While the nerf to Fiery War Axe lowered the power level of this deck and warrior in general, it still remains a pretty good card and is definitely worth the two slots in basic warrior. As this is a basic deck, you can always replace it with a non-basic card yourself, 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Smorod said:

Is there any room for Omega Assembly in this deck, and if so, which card would it replace?

More generally, any suggestion of card swaps from The Boomsday Project set?

Omega Assembly is very good if you also have the Dr. Boom, Mad Genius, but even as a standalone card, its fine. You can replace Cleave, and if you have 2 copies, you can cut Stormpike Commando

For the other cards of BDP, Dyn-o-matic is a great card against smaller boards or one midrange minion, unless they are mechs. Supercollider is a great weapon, you can replace them with Arcanite Reapers. The weapon is if you want to go control style. If you want to keeep going more tempo style, you can add Eternium Rover, and some mechs like Upgradeable Framebot and maybe Wargear. Other cards mentioned above (except the weapon) are also good for tempo style warrior deck. If you have 2 or 3 mana mechs to add to the deck Upgradeable Framebot or Bronze Gatekeeper, you can cut any 2 or drops from the deck, though I would keep both Acidic Swamp Ooze.

Giggling Inventor is an awesome control card, and has synergy with mechanic minions.

Lastly, for both control and tempo style decks, you can add Zilliax, which is a lovely addition, and sees play in 6-7 classes right now.

This is just for BDP, for complete decks, you can either check the lists here, or ask in this forum

Hope this helps

Edited by FanOfValeera
  • Thanks 1