Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New to DK dps Help

1 post in this topic

Hey guys,

I just started playing this game about 3 weeks ago i have been able to progress pretty far thanks to friends that i have known for a while. i am really enjoying playing and have played many MMO's in my time.

That being said. i leveled up as a blood dk and switched to unholy for raiding and heroics because I'm not confident to tank yet and really want to be able to run both specs. i have studied rotations and feel like I'm properly executing however I am MAJORLY falling short in dps. i ran my gear thru simcraft and it says i should be pulling around 23k well I'm barely making a wopping 15k dps.. I'm tired of being carried and looking for some solutions on to what I'm doing wrong. i am very good with mechanics and survivability however I can't seem to get my dps sorted out. Im looking for some honest advice on dps. remember i just started playing this game so I won't be offended.

Here is my armory linkø/advanced

and here is some logs that i was able to pull up. yes i know they are a bit sloppy but any critique would be much appreciated.

Dont assume i know basic things because i probably don't!,d=0

Edited by scubasme

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Browed
      With the new PTR info, it seems Bad to the Bone gains a little (2 >3%), is it now viable to go to that before completing the last Gold trait via the Self Heal?
      Obviously, I may end up testing this myself, but it's a lot of resource to commit ;)
      Also, I'm not sure if this steers us more exclusively to Icy Talons seeing as the Razorice runeforge dropping off with Shattering Strikes is even less desirable due to ramp up time, unless we see return of the double Razorice runeforge setup eh ;)
      If you exclude possible additional relic combinations for BttB (Bad to the Bone)
      2% x 5 stacks = 10%,
      3% x 5 stacks = 15%
      Obviously, this is a fully scaling ability, but you knew that.
    • By orazzledazzle
      Hello there. I'm looking to try and improve my dps in raids. I'm not sure where too start or how too really read logs, but I do have links too them. Any tips or help is appreciated as I'm new too raiding and wow as a whole so I'd appreciate any advice I can get. Here's a link too my logs and my armory.
      Logs - ( died on this fight)
      Armory -'jaeden/valicia/
      my user name is Valicia as you can see on the armory, but I don't know how to link to my specific character log, sorry about that.
    • By jaibird
      Mature & friendly individual looking for a semi-casual guild to progress through legion enjoyably. Searching for a guild that raids 2 nights a week starting at 10PM or later. I am unavailable on Saturday and Sundays but any other day will work. I am an experienced raider and I learn quickly. I am willing to play any spec on my DK including Blood tank. Please add jaibird #11204 if you are interested in a worthy addition to your guild!
    • By Dazzery
      Are there Stat Weights atm for importing to pawn?
    • By Stykon
      Hello everyone,
      I'm an unholy DK with an ilvl consisting of 845 with no legendaries. I've been trying out different talent specs and tried to get the best dps out. As of now i'm running following talents: 
      Bursting sores, Pestilent Pustules, Castigator, Sludge Belcher, Lingering Apparition, Shadow Infusion and Soul Reaper. 
      Army(Few secs before fight), Dark transformation(Few secs before fight), Summon Gargoyle, Outbreak, Festering stacks till 7-8 stacks, Soul reaper, Apocalypse, Festering Strike, Scourge Strike after atleast 3 stacks. Use runic power on Death Coil. Repeat. 
      22884 Strength
      21.03% (6803) Haste
      27.93% (8025) Critical Strike
      37.14% (2977) Mastery
      I can maintain 200-220k dps on single target and do about 300-400k+ burst depending on if Bloodlust is popped. Is that good? Is that bad? Can I do better? If so how?
      My character's name is: Blöod-Silvermoon
      Here is the armory page:öod/simple (Not updated)
      Another question I also have is: Is Epidemic a better talent choice for AoE damage? If so how does the rotation change? Is it the same as above, but where epidemic is to be popped after first round of burst and be maintained below 2 stacks? 
      Thank you so much. Dearly,