Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pushing past 20k hps and healing Heroic Highmaul

4 posts in this topic

I decided a few weeks back that I was going to write this post but I wanted to make sure I was actually at a wall before I did.

I am a Discipline priest and my HPS hovers around 20k average. I am having trouble healing Heroic Butcher and Brackenspore. I believe my GCD usage needs improvement but I am not sure exactly where. 

My rotation usually looks like this:

PW:S tank(s), CoW tank, Solace, AA, PoH melee group, Penance/PW:S spam healers>Melee>RangeDPS

PW:S tank(s), Solace, AA, PoH melee group, PW:S spam healers>Melee>RangeDPS, Penance/PW:S/CoW tank or any other dying members.

There are points in the fight where I feel like I have nothing to do, and other points where I feel like I have too much to do. For example, I might have an AA PoH ready but everyone is topped off... or everyone is -200k and Cascade/PI/PoH/Solace/PW:S seems too cumbersome.

I look forward to any tips that can be provided and encourage any other discipline priests with similar issues to chime in.

My Armory:æri

Warcraft Logs (Tectus Kill & Ko'ragh attempts):

I never step casting unless I'm very low on mana. If I don't see anything else to do, I can almost always:

• put more CoW on the tanks
  • throw PWS on groups that will soon be taking AoE from the boss
  • use Penance offensively
1 person likes this

So there are a few things that I would do a little different in your case.  First off, most of the fights I do in highmaul, I almost completely ignore Prayer of Healing.  Its to mana intensive and you don';t get very much bang for your buck.  holy nova is pretty much the same thing as there are not very many places to use it effectively.  Your a disc priest, use those bubbles.

As for atonement, the only reason to use that is when you want to get the buff.  But if you are not actively looking for that, then just use Solace for mana regen.

I noticed in your Ko'ragh fight, you didn';t use any clarity of will, which is of course a good spell to really bubble those tanks.  So make sure you are either using your tier 7 spell or switch to the mending spell so that you can set it and forget it.  most high end disc priests are doing that.

I do think the biggest issue you are facing is your use of holy nova instead of bubbles.

Hope that helps

Berdine of arathor

1 person likes this

Both helpful posts. I was switched to Words of Mending on the Ko'ragh fight in place of CoW. I also neglected to mention when I run around I do use Holy Nova. When I replaced Holy Nova with PW:S I was able to maintain a higher HPS in Ko'ragh.

When I felt lulls in fights, I thought that I was using PW:S preemptively. It turns out I could have used it more preemptively than that. I've started to find less down time in fights because of that change as well.

Updated armory link:

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sappora
      H-Bleeding Hollow

Methodical is a Horde guild on the realm Bleeding Hollow we are currently in the process of rebuilding our raid core, and are in need of players to replace some trials that were cut. We are recruiting ALL exceptional players new, or returning, for moving towards mythics. We are seeking smart players who know how to play their class well and have no problem learning new mechanics quickly.

Raid Progression: 1/7 M EN
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)

About us:
      We are comprised of long term raiders who have raided multiple expansions at a high level.
      Most of us have played together for many years.
      We try to be on a first name basis with our raiders.
      We raid to have fun with our friends but also to push progression.
      Semi-Hardcore raiding guild whose goal is to get Cutting Edge each tier.

Who we are looking for:
      People who get excited about raiding every raid night.
      People we can rely on (attendance,effort,communication,dedication).
      People who who are looking for a fun raiding environment.
      People who understand what progression is all about.
      People who engage in the guild (socially, and as an integral part of the team).

We are currently looking for non-leather RDPS.

Requirements from you:
      Be able to make our times with 90% attendance (we understand certain real life situations occasionally come up)
      Know your class to the best of your ability and be able to take criticism from other players on how to improve your class. Also go through logs and see what you are doing wrong so you can play at your full potential.
      Execute mechanics in a logical sense. You do no DPS/HPS while you're dead. Standing in fire does not give you buffs.

If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and the general vibe of raids. 

Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)
    • By Sinnox
      Progression: 7/7 EN N (1/7H) Lead
      Faction: Horde (Lok'tar Ogar!)
      Schedule: Raiding Tuesdays/Wednesdays (occasionally Thursdays) 7pm EST to 10pm or later EST
      Classes/Specs Needed: 2 Healers, 3 DPS (Casters preferred but still apply)
      If you have parses of fights from raid bosses please link them in your whispers to myself or any of my officers! You will have priority if you can provide proof of your talent
      Arms/Fury Warrior
      Affliction/Destruction/Demonology Warlock (High Need)
      Windwalker/Mistweaver Monk
      Enhancement/Restoration Shaman
      Arcane/Frost/Fire Mage (High Need!)
      Shadow Priest (High Need)
      About us! :Born and built from the ground up on Deathwing, having earned the level 25 achievement when it was current (Some care about that lol). We're a very laid back guild, always a place to go have a great chat without worrying about toxicity. Active members always helpful and a pretty humorous atmosphere. When it comes to raiding we are a dedicated serious raiding team aiming to eventually push towards mythic, but we also aim to have a good time when on farm runs or practicing. Depending on the circumstance we will also put forth an effort to gear up newcomers and down some bosses and get some loot! Also welcoming just regular members who want a home! All are welcome!
      What next? :Give us a try! Contact Sinnox#1475 or Raer/Sinnox or Mckynzie, on Area 52 or just PM me! Any of us will set you up with an invite! Or if you have any questions by all means go ahead!
    • By Reikettsu
      Like A Boss - 6/7H Recruiting Ranged DPS and Heals for Mythic progression.
      About us:
      Like A Boss was founded during WotLK by a small group of in real life friends. We are formerly a 10-man Heroic raiding guild that raided throughout WotLK and went on a hiatus during Firelands (Cataclysm). We are a semi-hardcore guild, and are looking for dedicated members who are able to make majority (if not all) of our scheduled raids.
      What we are looking for:
      We currently have 15 raiders and we are looking to recruit more members to join our flexible raid roster so that we may progress into Mythic raids. At this moment, we are only seeking out ranged DPS (prefer lock, mage, or hunter) and healers (prefer druid or monk).
      Additional information and scheduled raids:
      Our raids are currently on Tues/Wed/Sun from 6:30pm PST till 8:30pm PST and we use Ventrilo for our raids. We typically try out new recruits for at least a week or two to ensure that it is a good fit for both the recruit as well as our guild. Raid spots are not guaranteed due to the flexible raid roster (ie. if we only have 2 healers available, we cannot do 20man that night).
      If you are interested in our guild or want to know more, please message/add Shells-Bloodscalp or Ryozul#1598. For the horde!
    • By Unbreakalbee
      [H] [US - Skywall] <Southern Hospitality> [7/7N] [0/7H]
        We're are a very close guild, the core has been raiding together for a while now. First name basis around here  We cleared normal Emerald Nightmare last Monday as a full guild group. Staring out Heroic Progression. Starts next Wednesday During the week we run our mythic plus runs for quick and easy gear.   Looking to recruit Dps - ranged or melee (were even right now) 1 Healer ( always could use more)    Raid times  Wednesdays 8-10:30 est pm Monday 8-10:30 est pm Saturday normal ALT raid    Requirements  Flasks Food Runes Curse voice Vocal Be 15min early to raid start Boss mods   Any questions don't hesitate to message me    nightgunner#1901
    • By Celarri
      Guild Name:  Kindred
      Faction: Alliance

Raid Times: Friday & Saturday 9:00pm - 12:00am CT
      Current Progression: 6/7 Heroic Emerald Nightmare

Openings: Rogue, Arms/Fury Warrior, Balance Druid

In game contacts: Luna, Illitick, Werlockholmes, and Fidempse
      Many of us have been raiding and playing games together for years. We are serious about getting bosses down, but we are also a community of friends.