FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Balbaines

[Destro]Log analysis

For the last few weeks I have been running in an alt run with a group of players that are pushing Mythic on their mains and several could do so on said alts.  That being said I'm a casual trying to push myself a little and feel like I have hit a wall.  My dps has gone up a little each week but that's a couple gear upgrades at work.  I don't feel as if for my ilvl I am where I need to be.  Tank and spank fights I'm fine for  the most part but Brackenspore and Imperator in particular I feel I should be doing much better.  Other than the Imo uptime which I know needs to be much higher is there anything you all can point out?

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wG4bY8j7DVvkdyL3

Profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Balbaines/simple

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Balbaines

Havoc usage seems to be ok but could be better. 9 uses in a 6 and a half minute fight. Try to precast it before the add spawns, then Chaos Bolt then add and go back on the boss. Havoc the boss again and try to squeeze in a Shadowburn.

When the big add comes this is much easier and you can always get at least 2 shadowburns + a filler spell just before.

Your cooldown usage on the last pull was poor. You are using your second charge of Dark Soul less than a minute into the fight. Why? You should be saving your additional charge for when the Gorian Reaver comes out in the second intermission.

You also failed to activate your copelands clarity trinket 2 minutes into the fight when you used your third Dark Soul and AGAIN 4 minutes into the fight when you used your fourth. You actually didn't use it again until almost 6 and a half minutes into the fight when you used your fifth Dark Soul.

This is inexcusable! You need to sort your UI out so you can track the trinket. It's not enough to just macro it into Dark Soul because you will run into issues where the GCD activates Dark Soul but not the trinket. Get yourself some weakauras!

• Like 1

><  I didn't even realize the trinket didn't go off.  I have it on seperate hot keys to avoid the macro issues but failed to see it didn't activate.  That would explain a bit.  Thanks for taking a look at it for me.

><  I didn't even realize the trinket didn't go off.  I have it on seperate hot keys to avoid the macro issues but failed to see it didn't activate.  That would explain a bit.  Thanks for taking a look at it for me.

Which was exactly my point. It means you aren't tracking it.

If you aren't tracking one of your biggest sources of damage, how the hell are you maximising your ember management? The answer is likely that you aren't, and will be bleeding DPS because of it.

I am a vehement believer that your User Interface will define you as a player. If you have a shit one where you are looking down at your action bars for cooldowns, up in the corner for your health and resources, and then in a different corner to hopefully catch a glimpse of your weapon/trinket procs, you likely aren't doing it effectively, and you will also die a lot and fuck up mechanics a whole bunch because your focus is taken away from the most important area - your characters feet.

My UI is set up (IMO) perfectly. I have everything I need centered around my characters feet, in the middle of the screen. I even hide my action bars because they were just a distraction.