FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Inspired

Need help with a friends Shadow DPS.

My friend is currently around 657 ilvl but his parses are extremely low and we aren't sure why. So, was hoping some of you guys wouldn't mind taking a look at his gear and logs and seeing if there was any areas he could improve. Thanks!

This is our heroic butcher kill tonight.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BcQ6fGWYN1rZXP4M#type=damage-done&source=18&fight=2

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Uxoou/simple

It appears he's not dotweaving.  VT and Pain damage appear too high, and Mind Spike damage appears too low, and he's casting mind flay during non-insanity times.  Shadow orb gains and casts are out of whack too.  I'm positive he's not dotweaving.  Please point him to the icy veins spriest class guide, specifically to the CoP section.

It also appears he's not doing execution right.    The only things you should be casting during execution are Death, Mind Blast, D.Plague, and Insanity.  

If he has any further questions, please have him ask them himself.

Not sure why it matters if he ask or I ask. But thanks for the response all the same. Will let you know if helps him out any.

If he asks it's easier to get clarification on what he's doing rather than it coming through a "middle-man" of sorts and information possibly getting passed off wrong or taken the wrong way :)