FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
tapped

Destruction Warlock

Hey all,

I have been reading the forums and love the work that has been done. Great job to all those that have contributed and really made a great community for the warlocks. One reason I wanted to make this topic was due to seeing we have a affliction sticky and demonology sticky however nothing for Destruction.

It would also be great to see a macros spot for all specs for those of you that have useful ones feel free to post whether it be PVP or PVE.

Current Macros I use for Destro:

#showtooltip Immolate

/use Fire and Brimstone

/cast Immolate

Costs one Burning Ember and multi-dots Immolate on hostile targets

#showtooltip Conflagrate

/use Fire and Brimstone

/cast Conflagrate

Same as above but casts Conflagrate

#showtooltip Incinerate

/use Fire and Brimstone

/cast Incinerate

Same but casts Incinerate

#showtooltip Dark Soul: Instability

/cast Dark Soul: Instability

/cast Chaos Bolt

Procs your Dark soul to buff your crit which chaos bolt is benefited by and casts Chaos bolt. This can also be tied to Shadowburn but I feel that you would want to use this at all times available within the fight to get the best potential dps from it.

Of course I would not say this is mandatory just a simplicity if you forget to pop your cd's. Always time your cds if you know Hero/Lust are coming etc.

I will leave it at this to see if any interest is generated and can continue it from there.

• Like 2

Thanks for your contributions! I don't like Destruction's playstyle, but this should be helpful for those who do!

How will you ever be able to cast Chaos Bolt if you're continuously using your burning embers for Fire and Brimstone? Posted Image

Edited by Morticia

Destro is great in RBGs especially when a big crit is needed to burn a Healer or EFC. I think we do need a sticky for it, and if it was for PVP i would be more than happy to help. Destro is dangerous, especially in the hands of someone that knows the subtleties of it. I agree we need a sticky for destro!!!

• Like 1

I'm playing Destro in one fight in Heart of Fear and my raid DPS is 8k lower than it is as Affliction. It's just not in a great place atm, sadly, as it is a lot of fun to play. However, in RBGs and Arena, Destruction wins by a landslide. Pooling Burning Embers for that on demand burst is incredible. Coupled with Dark Soul:Instability, anyone who wants to survive will not. I've found questing to be more enjoyable as Destruction as well as doing 5 man dungeons. But for competitive raid DPS positions in your guild or PuGs, be Affliction.

How will you ever be able to cast Chaos Bolt if you're continuously using your burning embers for Fire and Brimstone? Posted Image

Chaos Bolt is for single target, Fire & Brimstone for multi-targets.

• Like 1

I've played my main toon, Trixabell, as a destro lock since she hit level 10 18 months ago. (That's when I first got into WoW myself.) I've tried demo and aff in both Cata and MoP and they're just not fun to me. After spending the last 2 months reading how much better aff is than destro or demo for 90 raids, I dualed Trix to aff and set about trying to learn how to play her.

The results? 1/2 the DPS as aff that I can get as destro and 1/100th of the fun. Despite reading the Icy Veins guides, and guides from several other sites, I just can't get the hang of aff and I keep playing as destro.

I'm currently i468 and my guild is trying to get past the 3 dogs in MSV. I run #3 or #4 in DPS and total damage done on our raid team, and I'm the top lock in the guild. I've started building a second lock and I'm doing her as an afflock all the way up so that I can get a feel for how that spec really works - dualing over just didn't work for me.

I know that, according to Simucraft and who knows what else, destro is just not as good as demo or aff (by 18K DPS the last time I checked), but it's what I like and what I'm good at. I would love to see this thread become a sticky and have a detailed strat guide entered into it, similar to The Elitest Jerks guide back during Cata.

Bring the love back to destro so Blizzard might think about showing us love again! :)

Blizzard is in the midst of nerfing more things about Warlocks. Destruction already got nerfed. Demonology just got nerfed. Hard to say what is coming, but making a guide here won't make Blizzard love Destruction.

Blizzard is in the midst of nerfing more things about Warlocks. Destruction already got nerfed. Demonology just got nerfed. Hard to say what is coming, but making a guide here won't make Blizzard love Destruction.

Demo needed to get nerfed - I'm leveling a tank and several healers, and there are way too many level 30-50 players who think that demo locks are tanks. It's hard to keep them alive while paying attention to the tank, too...they don't realize that cloth armor doesn't protect you very well.

Edited by Trixabell

Demo needed to get nerfed - I'm leveling a tank and several healers, and there are way too many level 30-50 players who think that demo locks are tanks. It's hard to keep them alive while paying attention to the tank, too...they don't realize that cloth armor doesn't protect you very well.

Warlocks didn't need nerfed because some players tried to play a role not accessible to them. That would be like banning all 13 year olds from being in a car because some of them tried to drive and wrecked.

A Demonology tank can be utilitized in dungeons and 5 man heroics, but not pre-90 characters, as those players have yet to develop the necessary skill to perform a tanking role. The only thing that got nerfed about Demonology was its burst capability in PvP. So if you're used to seeing Demonology Warlocks in low levels trying to tank, that won't go away. The only thing that went away was our burst AoE in PvE and our burst in PvP.

• #showtooltip Havoc
  • /clearfocus [modifier:alt]
  • /focus [@focus,noexists]
  • /cast [@focus,exists][@target,exists] Havoc
this is a macro i use its a modified version of the banish 1 on this site it allows you to cast havoc on a target and it will refresh on that target when you press havoc without switching targets back and forth imo a slight dps increase

by pressing alt and this macro it will cast on a new target

Edited by kairei

Personally, I'm tired of Blizz nerfing locks. They've always been the workhorse of the raid creating the most overall damage, and having lot of utility. I was happy to see locks moving up on the dps scales again in PVE. My only lament is that destro locks are on the bottom. I've played destro since BC, and really like it. Even in Cata when the rotation was pretty intense. I really don't want to see them nerfing any of the specs, but I would greatly like to see a leveling of the specs. It would be very welcome to be able to put out the same level of damage as an affliction or demo lock, but still be able to play my beloved destro without feeling like I was cheating my raid team out of the best dps I could provide.

Thanks for this thread, and the macro posts.