FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Cross Realm Zones

Another gimmick from Blizzard? Or a smart new way to play with friends?

A link to a Q&A session about Cross Realm Zones can be found here.

I'm really unsure about this. If it makes the world feel more full then its got to be a good idea right? But then again I think of LFD and how players for different realms treat each other there.

I cant really see it affecting me too much as the majority of the players I play with are all on the same server. Also for players who only have high level alts I doubt they will see much interaction of cross realm zones anyway.

So what do you think? An opportunity to group up with someone new? Or just someone who steals your leather, herbs and mining nodes?

Cross-realm zones are a good move. Honestly, it is kind of depressing to level up an alt and not see anyone for hours. Cross-realm zones address this issue.

With this new feature, overpopulated areas on a given realm can also be split into several instances. It means that during the launch of Mists of Pandaria, you will not have to compete with tons of players for quest items or quest mobs. I don't know if you played Cataclysm during launch, but I clearly remember spending 2 hours to complete the first quests in Vashj'ir.

Good move, now instead of making people pay to move from dead servers, just merge some of them, and in the end merge more and more servers.

I think it's a good move. I have a few mates that play on different realms so it would be nice to do stuff. It would make those lower level zones a bit fuller feeling which is nice although I have just finished off another alt and was rarely in a zone by myself... however outland is a rather over populated server =D.

Hopefully they will inc spawing time of nodes etc to combat volume of players.

• Like 1

Looking forward to see more of this :)

Think it's a good idea, levelling can get very lonely from time to time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Doomedknight
      Player Seeking Cross Realm Group for mythic + and Normal Antorus Groups,
      Availability is 6am to 7pm EST tues to friday  7am to 7pm saturday and all day sunday/monday
      not looking to xfer realms, have discord and always studying fights to become better

Doomedknight#1125 if interested
    • By Stormcrown
      Hello! I am a 845 Guardian Druid, with 840 Off-Spec for Balance/Feral, looking for a raiding team on Stormrage. I also just have my Hunter hit 110 who I am going to gear up.
      Schedule: I am unavailable Wednesdays and Saturdays, but otherwise available after 4:30PM Central Time.
      My ideal situation is to find a raid spot and clear normal+heroics, but I am also pretty interested in finding a reliable Mythic+ team to push to Mythic+15. I've jumped around a few guilds who are trying to build extra raid teams with leftovers from their main team, and it's gone pretty poorly. I am aware that tank spots are probably all taken, and I am comfortable using balance. I have yet to get into feral for melee dps.
      Feel free to drop a comment if a mythic+ team would be interesting to you.

• By Empulsive
      <Bizarro> 4/13 HM ToT
      <Bizarro> Is a laid back end tier progression raiding guild and is currently recruiting skilled and dedicated raiders for 25 man MoP Progression. Bizarro was established during Vanilla and has become the last 25 man guild focused on 25 Man raiding content on Khaz'goroth.
      Our current vacancies (as of July 30th 2013) are:
      Tanks: Any Class tank with Dps offset
      Healers: Exceptional applicants considered
      Ranged DPS: Mage -High Exceptional applicants considered
      Melee DPS: Death Knight - High Exceptional applicants considered
      Suitable applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
      - Raiding experience on their chosen toon in MoP
      - Raid ready gear (500 ilvl minimum) with appropriate enchants, gems and enhancements
      - Maximum level trade skills
      - Appropriate raiding addons
      - Regular review of guild forums for news and raiding information
      - Reliable computer and internet connection
      - Availability for all raids
      - Patience during the trial period while your suitability is tested
      - you may not get a starting spot in the raid on every night - Sense of humour and thick skin
      Our core 25 man raid week is (all times are server time +10 gmt):
      Wed 7:45 - 11:30pm
      Sun 7:45 - 11:30pm
      Mon 7:45 - 11:30pm
      Alt/Fun raids (usually 10 man): Thu 7:45 - 11:30pm
      To apply, please visit guildbizarro.com and fill in a full application. Poorly submitted applications will be immediately rejected and no response given.
    • By Gredes
      Bound By Blood(EU-Blade's Edge) is a friendly guild with laid back raids, we want you to have fun while also killing some dragons together. This doesn't mean you're allowed to slack in our raids. We want our players to be perform the best they can! Besides that we don't mind helping you with a few things, you don't play alone in our guild.

Right now we raid thursday/sunday (monday optional) from 20:00-23:00 server time (some times may switch around).

Right now we are a 10 man heroic guild, so we need quite a few more members for WoD Mythic raiding.

You can make a application on our forums http://bound-by-blood.boards.net/
    • By Porth
      What are we trying to do?

We're a group of old friends from the yonder years of rep grinds, spell reagents, downranking and Tarren Mill vs Southshore days, that are trying to get back together into a raiding guild that can get things done with a very short raid schedule. The currently plan is for running the new normal and heroic modes available once Warlords drops. We see the cross-realm raid capabilities as a great way to start things up and grow a good roster.

About Us

Most of the our guildies have been playing WoW in one way or another since Vanilla. We are casual, yet serious raiders, a community of coworkers, husbands/wives, friends, and other folks that enjoy playing together and killing bosses. Our goal is not hardcore raiding, but we are always pushing to clear as much content as possible in the little time we have available to raid.  We all have jobs and lives outside of gaming and don't have a lot of time available, hence a short raid week. This means we like to be as quick and efficient as possible and would prefer people with the same mindset.

What we're looking for

We'd like to take advantage of cross-realm raiding, so you're not required to be in our server (Greymane-US) with us, you just need to be on the Alliance side, which is where the action is going on right now.

We are looking for people that are dedicated raiders, folks that like to tweak their toons and improve. You need to understand that raid time is not when you learn to play your toon, it's when you learn how to be more effective at helping your group kill a boss. However, we don't want folks who's sole purpose / focus is to get every piece of gear they want, when they want it. We like people that enjoy the process of raiding and strategizing, and want to be part of a community where they can hang out with good and friendly players. 

You need to have recent raiding experience. Be available during our raid nights. Otherwise, what's the point? Understand that in order to maximize your toon you need to do other things outside of raiding and be willing to do so. Be capable and ready to do any homework required to better understand your role in a boss fight. As stated previously, be able to understand and identify what's going on in a boss fight and make any necessary changes to correct mistakes. Be responsible for your own screw ups Be willing and able to take and follow direction.

What classes do we need?

We're pretty open right now, some of us have multiple alts that will help balance / complete a raid comp. We definitely need 1 tank and 2 healers, as well as some dps.

When do we raid?

We raid 1 night a week: Wednesday - from 8-11p Server Time, that's 9-12 EST. The invites go out at 7:45p. Yes, you read that right: 1 night a week. This means we don't have a lot of time to @%%# around. We have Saturday scheduled for late night drunken PvP

Where do I apply?

You can apply at our website at: http://torque-gaming.enjin.com/ or on OpenRaid: http://torque.openraid.org/