FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ineedacent

[Destro] Need help optimizing DPS.

Hey guys i'm currently playing Destro with - Supremacy, AD and DS. At 660ilvl and i feel i should be pulling more dps, My character's name is Feltwist :<

Here are my logs -> www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rrz1zfcs8gxi2odi/

I've been playing a warlock for a couple of expansions now and i've always been up to date with mechanics involved with my class. I try to set up my rotation as accurate as it could be which is mentioned on the site. I do mess up sometimes with Dark soul and procs but still i feel i'm underperforming to other players who are at the same item level as me. Any help to optimize my DPS would be really good help. Plus i've never used Simcraft to weigh my stats because i really thought it was complicated but i'm ready to do that as well now and would like to know if there's a guide on how to use SimCRAFT. 

I'm currently using Crit > Mastery/Multistrike > Haste > Versa, but i havent experimented on changing enchants and gems cause i'm using all the expensive ones except the weapon enchant which i plan to get when i get a heroic weapon. 

Will provide more logs tomorrow night as i have a guild run in a long while. Thank you for your help guys.

Edited by ineedacent

Hey there, 

Found his guild logs on warcraftlogs.com 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/f78Y9XpaGLQzVw3x    (log from dec 28 in which he participates) 

If i may suggest something I found (Only had a quick look). On some fights with heavy cleave (like Twins and brackenspore) you should be using Havoc on cd. This alone increases dps by a ton! 

Also a quick tip on imperator for an amazing dps increase is using "glyph of havoc" if timed right you can use it on every arcane abaration and also at the end of each transition phase you can cast it on the boss and soulburn 6 adds with does insane amounts of damage aswell. (this alone can cause you to sit on top of all the dps quite easy as far as my experience goes.)

Hope this helps,

Shades

Edited by Shades

Glyph of Havoc is a loss in almost every situation.

The 15s cooldown means you can pre cast and Chaos bolt and have it up again to Shadowburn. On Mythic each add splits into smaller ones, and you can Havoc as they spawn, cleave 3 shadowburns then Havoc again and pick off a few more. This depends on how much cleave you bring to the fight and whether you gain more from 2 Havocs on the big add or 2 Havocs on the small. I think with another round of gear option 1 will prove more consistent.

• Like 2

How is mythic imperator relevant in any way to this? 

anyway yes i am pretty sure glyph of havoc is a dps loss in 95% of the fights,

it got me a 2-2.5k dps improvement on normal and heroic. i don't see the loss in dps when you can use it when needed.

Glyph of Havoc is a loss in almost every situation.

The 15s cooldown means you can pre cast and Chaos bolt and have it up again to Shadowburn. On Mythic each add splits into smaller ones, and you can Havoc as they spawn, cleave 3 shadowburns then Havoc again and pick off a few more. This depends on how much cleave you bring to the fight and whether you gain more from 2 Havocs on the big add or 2 Havocs on the small. I think with another round of gear option 1 will prove more consistent.

P4 of normal imperator is the same. The add explodes and you have lots of little ones to cleave off of.

That doesn't change the fact that you can get 2 Havocs off on each large add. Or that you can use it on cooldown during intermissions to cleave 3 shadowburns from small adds to the mages.

All you are doing by glyphing it is getting LESS charges out of it.

If you gained 2k DPS, was this during the same night of progress or was it two different kills? Gaining 2k DPS from one week to the next can be based on an infinite amount of variables from gear to kill time to proc RNG etc that narrowing it down to Havoc is impossible.

If it was under the same conditions then all that really tells me is that you weren't making proper use of 15s Havoc.

• Like 1

It has been a consistent increase of dps for me but this week ill do it without the glyph and do it as you described earlier.

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts on the matter though.

ps: even Sparkuggz used the glyph on mythic imperator just saying

Shades

Edited by Shades

Only fight that the glyph is viable is Ko'ragh. Don't know about Mythic, but on heroic when you have all the small adds, you can use the 6 charges. Other than that, no glyph, its a DPS loss.