FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Joyker

Primal Gladiator's Battlegear for Prot PvE

Hello I have some questions concerning Primal Gladiator's Battgear for use in PvE, primarily how much rage do you get from the 4 piece bonus? Both the bonuses seem useful to combat the threat issues you can have to the other tank in the raid, 2p for initial threat/first Sbl and 4p for extra threat through HS's and an extra Shield barrier here or there. Yet I cant find any information or discussion about them, am I missing something? Are they not activated in PvE? or is the Rage gain simply insignificant.

Im currently using the chest since it gives Crit+Mastery but the three other pieces are also upgrades due to their Ilvl and my current gear having suboptimal secondary stats so im considering getting 3 more pieces.

That seems quite significant :O. During normal butcher you take around 2 million damage, with my 400k health pool that would be around 1500 extra rage? Thats what you normally gain during a fight so essentially doubled ragegain. And as you go up in difficulty you would gain double that.

Do remember that due to the removal of Reforging and the severe lack of gear that has gem sockets (not to mention our very weak and limited enchants), proper secondary stats are more important that ever.

The Primal gear is viable until you get into the serious raiding spots such as Heroic/Mythic kills (exceptions disregarded) and beyond in which you WILL need stacked mastery/Bonus armor for survivability.

Feardread-Shattered Hand