FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Onizuka

Best spec for gear! [Help!]

Hi, been lurking for a while and this is my first post, so please tell me if these sort of topics are supposed to be created elsewhere! 

From my understanding, Survival is now the best specialization for hunters and a change from Marksmanship to Survival will most likely be made! But I'm unsure if my gear is better suited for Markmanship rather than Survival! Just wanted to check if what I suspect is true before changing enchants and scope, from crit to multistrike! Don't want to spend alot of gold only to realise what I had before was better!

Link to armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Onizuka/simple

Thanks for taking a look on my post! Sincerly, Onizuka! :>

Edited by Onizuka

Best way to find out is to go to http://simulationcraft.org, download the latest release, and simulate your character between the specs.  I don't know how to do all three at the same time, but to do the 2 specs you currently have, Import both the active and inactive profiles and copy/paste one underneath the other.  This will compare them side by side.

I2aaKv4.jpg?1

You would most likely have way better SV results if you were full Multistrike enchanted/scoped.  But getting SV to even out with MM on pathwerk fights requires some work with dropping haste gear imo.

Edited by Ulgratron

I2aaKv4.jpg?1

You would most likely have way better SV results if you were full Multistrike enchanted/scoped. But getting SV to even out with MM on pathwerk fights requires some work with dropping haste gear imo.

Thank you for taking your time helping me with this! :D

I tried simulating Survival with Multistrike enchants + scope and found that Survival still lags behind MM by alot! That probably wouldn't have been the case if I didn't have so much haste as I currently have, just as you said! :>

From what I've gathered, the best course of action will be to keep MM as my main spec for now, until I've gotten gear more suited for survival! :)

Edited by Onizuka

Also keep in mind that sim is for Pathwerk.  In a fight like Imperator that requires very high movement and low uptime on Sniper Training, SV will close the gap.

Also keep in mind that sim is for Pathwerk.  In a fight like Imperator that requires very high movement and low uptime on Sniper Training, SV will close the gap.

Yup, That's for sure! But would you recommend changing all enchants to MS or just switching scope to the MS one? 

I'm new to simcraft so I'm not really sure how to sim different enchants without actually doing them. But with how the new stat weights are looking it's possible that full MS and scope would be better for you in both specs. If anyone with better simcraft knowlege could chime in that would be nice.

I'm new to simcraft so I'm not really sure how to sim different enchants without actually doing them. But with how the new stat weights are looking it's possible that full MS and scope would be better for you in both specs. If anyone with better simcraft knowlege could chime in that would be nice.

I have a post explaining exact issue here.