FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
reopro

AMoC vs Stampede

I am SV and I've been doing some reading about AMoC VS Stampede. Which one is better for dps overall?

Stampede, though in all honesty, they are close enough that it can come down to RNG, but as of now, Stampede is currently better.

Stampede, though in all honesty, they are close enough that it can come down to RNG, but as of now, Stampede is currently better.

For SV AMoC is better, suggested by the sims ran here.

But, to the OP, I would suggest simming your own character, because stats may influence it ^^'

For SV AMoC is better, suggested by the sims ran here.

But, to the OP, I would suggest simming your own character, because stats may influence it ^^'

Those sims also show Powershot as the best talent choice with lonewolf... I'm a bit skeptical to say the least.  For my character and my gear Stampede sims higher than AMoC by about 100 dps, and considering how much easier it is to use it's kind of a no-brainer for me.

check my guide, i have every sim combination for ST, 4T and 7T under each specs respective section. 

quick question: does it matter what pets you have for stampede? Do you have to make sure you have 5 pets captured? Do they all need to be ferocity spec?

If you take Stampede glyph it to use only copies of your first pet and make sure the first pet is NON-EXOTIC and in ferocity. Then you're good to go.

If you take Stampede glyph it to use only copies of your first pet and make sure the first pet is NON-EXOTIC and in ferocity. Then you're good to go.

^^This^^

I found out the hard way that the pet you have in Slot 1 has to be a non-exotic pet. When I was testing Stampede out as MM with the Lone Wolf talent, I was confused why no pets were being summoned and it turned out that the pet I had in Slot 1 was an exotic (using the Glyph of Stampede too) and nothing was being summoned but the ability was cast and now on CD. Figured it out and corrected it but I was a bit annoyed that there really wasn't anything official from Blizzard explaining this.

Keep in mind AMoC is good on adds that die quickly such as Imperator mages where their death extends the uptime of crows because you can recast it. This isn't the same for Stampede.

However, Stampede does have a burst which may be useful for you for specific segments.

Also keep in mind fight length. Stampede may be equivalent to to 5 casts of crows, so on a 6-7 minute fight you can cast 2x Stampede which would easily beat crows, but if you waited 2 minutes before casting you'd get 6 crows~ and like 1.1 casts of Stampede.