FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Maplefire

help with disc healing WoD

Hi all,

So, my recent logs are here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pxFTWQq9CYRytnjA#type=summary&fight=2

It's not the best, and I would like to improve that - Gwen, I've tried to follow your vids and advice (switching glyphs on certain fights, etc), but I'm just not there yet.

Gentle criticsm would be most appreciated! smile.png Here's my armory link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Maplefire/simple

One other thing - is there a WA string for showing downtime on a person with PW:Shield? I think a part of my downtime is caused by trying to re-shield someone before it can be used again.

Thanks - I LOVE you guys!

Edited by Maplefire
  • Like 1

Heya Maple!

I checked your last two kills, both were Heroic Kargath, and one of your Normal runs.  Took a quick look to see if there was something that would stick out. For shame, no Archangel use!  Your uptime does not go over 10% on any fight and on some encounters you did not use it at all, thats a big loss not only in your loss of Empowered Archangel CD but in 25% increased healing for.. 40-60% of the fight.   The only other significant thing I really see is; it looks like you are not tracking the ability_vehicle_demolisherflamecatapult.Iron Bomb debuff.  Our encounter time is a little shorter than yours and and I was able to absorb almost double the amount of Iron Bomb ticking damage. 

As a sidenote: You did double the amount of CoW I used but you maximized it with only 10% overheal so there is nothing wrong w/ a CoW heavy approach.  It got the job done to down the boss.  Lastly, get more aggressive w/ your Cascade.

Weave in more Atonement to get AA up and active on every encounter and you will see a 15% increase or more in your output.

GL!   :)

• Like 1

Hi there,

In response to your comment about attempting to reapply PW:S: I suggest looking into some unit frame addons that will tell you at a glance if they're affected by Weakened Soul.

Personally, I use the Grid addon and have it set up to mark in the bottom left corner a red dot to indicate if that player has a Weakened Soul debuff. I also combo that with a WeakAura that displays a debuff timer for my target so when I am targting my tanks I know when I can reapply PW:S.

If I wasnt at work I would give you my string.

-Saeri

• Like 2

Hi there,

In response to your comment about attempting to reapply PW:S: I suggest looking into some unit frame addons that will tell you at a glance if they're affected by Weakened Soul.

Personally, I use the Grid addon and have it set up to mark in the bottom left corner a red dot to indicate if that player has a Weakened Soul debuff. I also combo that with a WeakAura that displays a debuff timer for my target so when I am targting my tanks I know when I can reapply PW:S.

-Saeri

To piggyback Saeri, I have Weakened Soul on my Healing UI and it fades away and the debuff wears off.

Hi there,

-Saeri

Hi Saeri,

I'm using Elvui and for some reason, just lately (past week?) the icon that shows my PW:S disappears after 1 sec! It's very frustrating - I'll see if I can find something else - if you happen to come back to the forums after work (I'm at work atm as well biggrin.png ), I'd really appreciate the string. Thank you!

Thanks Gwen and Saeri,

I hope we plan on trying this again tomorrow night; whenever we do, I'll incorporate your advice (and try to get PW:S/Weakened Soul fixed) and see how much better my logs will be!

okay, well, um, improved! but not a whole lot imo. Haven't gotten the WA to work yet for PW:S/Weakened Soul CD, but I'll continue to work on that.

Yesterday's logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KxQpWcY2brXNtwJn#fight=8&type=healing

We downed Brackenspore on Heroic (yay!), and, my hps(e) increased 5%, even with an additional healer. But...I'm still not seeing uptime on my atonement, which makes me wonder... I was sure I was using PW:Solace, and Smite, and Penance...and yet, my atonement was all over the place on Kar'gath. What the...?

Again, insight/advice is appreciated!!

Edited by Maplefire

Your AA uptime was 30 and 32%.  That is a huge improvement.  Looking at your last 3 Kargath kills, you brought 6 healers this week when in previous weeks you only brought 4!  33% of your raid is healers... no bueno.  You won't see your numbers go up significantly by adding more healers and not adding any DPS. (Also why your kill time was over a minute longer, another reason your numbers will look lackluster).  You absorbed almost double the amount of Iron Bomb damage, that makes the encounter a whole lot easier for everyone on your team.

You have to compare apples to apples.  6 healers for a 18 or 19 person raid is handicapping yourself and your entire team.  Go back in next week w/ 4 healers like you had in previous weeks and keep up the same work to your gameplay you showed this week and you will be more satisfied w/ your output.  :)   (At least on Heroic Kargath.  Then if you need the extra 5th healer on Brack have on DPS switch or add another healer to your team.)  Using the ingame LFM tool, you can always add a healer for one fight w/ the notes letting them know the invite is for Brack only. 

• Like 1

To piggyback Saeri, I have Weakened Soul on my Healing UI and it fades away and the debuff wears off.

Dog piling on these two, I use Grid2 and have an indicator on the bottom left (showing weakened soul) and a timer on it so I can quickly see who has the debuff, and above it I see the timer left for their PW:S and CoW stacks.

I'm not sure about using WA to track weakened soul, it would seem to be more efficient to have on your raid frames directly.

Once you get more comfortable with the fights you'll be smiting and solace/firing off Evangilsm stacks like crazy. Heck, I even do it as holy ;)

• Like 1

Just to put my two cents in on tracking Weakened Soul. The Blizzard raid frames does this and it never fails. I know that Blizzard frames are not perfect - but they do get the tracking of Weakened Soul right.

Yesterday's logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KxQpWcY2brXNtwJn#fight=8&type=healing

We downed Brackenspore on Heroic (yay!), and, my hps(e) increased 5%, even with an additional healer. But...I'm still not seeing uptime on my atonement, which makes me wonder... I was sure I was using PW:Solace, and Smite, and Penance...and yet, my atonement was all over the place on Kar'gath. What the...?

Again, insight/advice is appreciated!!

I don't want to step on the stones Gwen already touched about AA, I just want to mention it plays an incredibly big role for discipline this tier as well.

But I want to give a couple of notes for the specific encounters:

Get CoW For Brackenspore. Discipline is disgustingly good for that fight. Unlike direct healing it bypasses the 99% healing reduction of necrotic breath. It also works very well on mushrooms since you're healing the mushroom in a way the other healers can't, and not just stepping over their toes. Additionally, the healing you get from WoM is negligible and wholly unneeded on Brackenspore when you have the Living Mushroom(and inadequate when you don't have it).

Also, take Spectral Guise and use it for Infesting Spores. It cancels your current number of stacks. If you use it around 7 stacks, you'll be doing everyone a favor.

Conversely, get WoM for Kargath. There's little to no tank healing needed and lots of small AoE healing needed, which is where WoM will shine. Having a paladin only makes this decision easier!

• Like 1